Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nielsen
- Analyst (79)
- Research Analyst (42)
- Professional Services, Analyst (27)
- Intern (25)
- Market Analyst (15)
- Professional Services (14)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Senior Analyst (11)
- Professional Services Analyst (10)
- Membership Representative (9)
- Associate Client Manager (9)
- Project Manager (8)
- Senior Research Analyst (8)
- Field Representative (7)
- Manager (7)
- Client Manager (7)
- Client Service Executive (6)
- Project Developer (5)
- Professional Services Intern (5)
- Nielsen Field Representative (5)
- Panel Relations Specialist (4)
- Associate Analyst (4)
- ARC Analyst (4)
- Client Service Manager (3)
- Account Manager (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Market Research (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Research Statistician (3)
- Field Technician (3)
Client Service Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in November 2013.
I did a phone interview and then was asked to take the online assessment test. It was mostly logic type questions followed by a personality test. I learned I had passed this test and then was asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the second phone interview, I went in and meet the person who would be my direct boss and the executive Vice President. I was given every indication that I was a top candidate. Surprisingly, after the interview I never heard back from HR or the hiring manager despite my attempts to follow up. Very unprofessional process.
- I was asked to do an analysis on the spot. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen
Client Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2010.
Talked at an industry function with a Nielsen employee, he then reached out to me based on our conversation and my expressed interest. Interviews were scheduled with VP, Director, and then two "Associate" level folks. I met with VP and Associates first, then went to lunch with the Director I would be working for, which made for a more relaxed final interview.
- The VP did ask me to describe how I would handle two situations, one where Nielsen data was correct but the client interpreted it wrong and one where the Nielsen data was wrong, leading client in the wrong direction. 1 Answer
I was able to negotiate salary up and vacation up from initial offer.
Client Service Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at Nielsen in March 2012.
This was just a basic interview. Asked general questions about my resume, then asked for my availability and expected salary. The person interviewing me was very very nice!
- When are you available to start? Answer Question