Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nielsen
- Analyst (88)
- Research Analyst (52)
- Intern (31)
- Professional Services, Analyst (28)
- Market Analyst (16)
- Professional Services (16)
- Associate Client Manager (15)
- Membership Representative (13)
- Senior Research Analyst (13)
- Business Analyst (13)
- Senior Analyst (11)
- Project Manager (11)
- Professional Services Analyst (10)
- Client Manager (8)
- Client Service Executive (8)
- ARC Analyst (8)
- Field Representative (7)
- Manager (7)
- Director (6)
- Panel Relations Specialist (6)
- Associate Analyst (6)
- Project Developer (6)
- Professional Services Intern (5)
- Executive (5)
- Nielsen Field Representative (5)
- Vice President (4)
- Data Analyst (4)
- Client Service Manager (4)
- Statistician (3)
- Client Support Manager (3)
Client Service Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in November 2013.
I did a phone interview and then was asked to take the online assessment test. It was mostly logic type questions followed by a personality test. I learned I had passed this test and then was asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the second phone interview, I went in and meet the person who would be my direct boss and the executive Vice President. I was given every indication that I was a top candidate. Surprisingly, after the interview I never heard back from HR or the hiring manager despite my attempts to follow up. Very unprofessional process.
- I was asked to do an analysis on the spot. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen
Client Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2010.
Talked at an industry function with a Nielsen employee, he then reached out to me based on our conversation and my expressed interest. Interviews were scheduled with VP, Director, and then two "Associate" level folks. I met with VP and Associates first, then went to lunch with the Director I would be working for, which made for a more relaxed final interview.
- The VP did ask me to describe how I would handle two situations, one where Nielsen data was correct but the client interpreted it wrong and one where the Nielsen data was wrong, leading client in the wrong direction. 1 Answer
I was able to negotiate salary up and vacation up from initial offer.
Client Service Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2012.
This was just a basic interview. Asked general questions about my resume, then asked for my availability and expected salary. The person interviewing me was very very nice!
- When are you available to start? Answer Question
Client Service Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.
Initial round of telephonic interview.Written test having simple English,maths and case study. Once cleared , final round of interview and offer letter. The process is simple and is often expedited based on the requirement. The on boarding process is also easy
- Projects worked on 1 Answer