Nielsen

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ARC Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen.

4 rounds through campus placement ....1st Aptitude test...fairly difficult .... includes questions from logic & quants .... also from english vocabulary & letter writing or paragraph summarizing...then hr interview ....technical interview...then interview with VP or some more higher level employee...questions become more general towards final rounds...

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in November 2014.

Got an email from recruiter after 1 month of submitting application through Naukri.com
    process involves-written test, telephonic interview and few more interviews

got test paper to solve in one hour. very lengthy and confusing. needed to take out grammar and all whatever mistakes were there in question paper. there was total 25 questions. few were mathematics, some confusing case study, one question on "proudest moment of yours" and last was case study on "UNISOAP"
    case study: UNISOAP is soap for multiple uses. you can use it as detergent, as body wash etc etc...
    you as a consultant have to do SWOT analysis

cut off was minimum 15 grammatical errors from the paper as well as sectional cut offs.

frustrating procedure. test copies were not checked for more than next 10 days.
    called HR , and she just told me...I think you couldn't clear the test. i asked for my scores but she refused to do so.

ARC - Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in November 2014.

An aptitude with quants, verbal, letter writing to a client and a case study as sections with sectional cut-off. It was an elimination round.Followed by 1 h.r . and 3 technical interviews. First hr and technical interview then elimination then another technical interview then elimination then vp call and final offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions based on basic marketing concepts and questions related to logical reasoning.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

First round interview was from on campus recruiting. After submitting my application, I was asked to take an analytic assessment + business essay. The test consisted of 10 business math questions involving profit and stats. I was told a week later that I had an in person interview. This test is now online instead of in person. You never get your score and HR keeps it under wraps. I've heard that it's a strong predictor of performance at Nielsen once you actually get here, but that's heresay...

There was one 1-1 45 minute interview where a few behavioral and marketing/analytical questions were asked. Basic walk me through your resume. Lots of tell me a time when you were challenged, tell me about your weaknesses. Had a question about market share.

Second round interview was at a Nielsen office, three 1-1 interviews that were 45 min long with Director-VP level persons. Again lots of behavioral questions, what was your proudest accomplishment, when were you most challenged, etc. A few analytical questions like a company is considering changing price, what should they consider. Someone is launching a new product, what should they watch out for.

Interview Questions
    • There's a case study question now that asks you to analyze results about a regression analysis.   Answer Question
    I tried, no room for negotiation. I was offered the average market based on my research so with no previous work experience, I had no leverage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

The hiring process comprised of aptitude test and PI. Before the aptitude test detailed presentation about the company and the role offered were given, the company people were open to all kind of questions. The aptitude test comprised of Quant, two short cases (one on interpretation of a sample research finding and other about suggestions on a new product launch) and verbal (mainly error correction).
    Based on the aptitude marks candidates were shortlisted for PI. Quant has the maximum weightage.
    The PI had three rounds comprising of technical(about research, some situations were also given) and HR questions (all sort of questions about you and few questions about the company and profile offered).
    Selection was done after a short interaction with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Convince Apple Inc. to opt for market research as a client of Nielsen.
      Name of CEO of Nielsen India.

Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in July 2014.

very impressed at the way things work in Nielsen company, contacted immediately after the test for the results. very quick, clear and crisp. only one thing I did not understand is why dont they allow to sit for all the tests? i am sure many of you'l will agree with me...........having studied 5 years of statsistics you wont be judged on it and wont be allowed to give test unless you clear Maths and English, that too with 70%.
    goodluck to all trying for this company
    it isnt everybody's cup of tea, but one should always give it a try.

Interview Questions
    • nothing is difficult if you study hard core for aptitude tests, but after achieving your masters degree in a particular subject one often sidelines aptitude, so only advice is go for it the harder way!!!.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in March 2014.

apti was easy,consisted of easy maths,english and case study.concentrate on maths.no logical reasoning.,but maybe they will change pattern next year..8 people were shortlsted out of 35.
    The next was a technical interview process was long..u have to express ur ideas clearly.
    if selected there was an HR round
    again another technical.

Interview Questions
    • the quesns on stats were not difficult..the main thing is u need to convince ur interviewer..understand what he/she wants as an ans.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions
    • managing time for the written test is most dificult   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

happened suddenly, after submitting my resume to the HR. Got a call for interview after two weeks of submitting,

Client Servicing Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Horrible. I was first asked to give an aptitude test in the mumbai office for a position in another city. I gave the test and the hr executive in the mumbai office glanced through my answers and said that I had cleared the test. After 2 days, I got a call from another hr person saying that I had not given the test and that i was irresponsible. This was a ludicrous allegation. I told her that I had given the test and she should check with the Hr person in mumbai who told me that I had cleared the test. Turns out later, that the hr person in the mumbai office had lost my test paper and was too embarrassed to admit it. The hr executives in this company are rude and I must say very negligent.