Nielsen Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in August 2011.

Skills Test - Do the essays first
10 math question
2 essays

SAT - GMAT like math question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2011.

If there is a campus rep, talk to them AND submit your resume electronically. They had an information session the night before which outlines the different opportunities and areas that you can work in. Understanding the day to day operations will help you out in the interview. The interview is roughly 45 minutes and there is a 90 minute test consisting of math and statistic questions as well as two case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about breakdown of Market Share and techniques to influence it.   Answer Question
    • Name a brand and reflect on marketing techniques to shape/change/increase sales for the product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen in December 2011.

The process consisted in an exam, followed by group dynamics and personal interview. The results are communicated quickly. They treat the candidates fairly by starting all meetings on time and creating a confortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • It is required to present a business case in a meeting room with at least three executives. They ask questions about the presentation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

I met the employer on-campus and was offered an interview a few weeks later. I interviewed on campus. They asked behavioral questions, hypothetical questions regarding nielsen data and analytical questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have an unlimited amount of water, a three ounce glass and a five ounce glass. How do you measure out one ounce of water?   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen.

I applied through my college career center online within a few days I was contacted to schedule a time i was available to interview on campus. I was interviewed on campus it was mostly a behavioral interview with one or two theoretical consulting questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in May 2013.

First you do an easy math exam, to analize graphs and basic percentages and some probability. Then you go to an interview with RH, and if she likes your profile you get to a 6-interviews filter with the managers from your area, asking you to analize some graphs and data, and to talk about your experience at previous jobs/school regarding difficult situations and outcomes.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a single brick, tell me 3 things you'd do with it.   Answer Question
    You'll get a call aprox. 5 days after the interviews are done.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interviewed through my university. Interviewers were young, very approachable and helpful. Mostly behavioral questions and why Nielsen. Some of the behavioral questions were not those typically asked and might throw people off.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions related to your integrity...a time you had to make a decision that people did not agree with how did you implement it?...a time when you saw something that you did not agree with, what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen in February 2011.

one round face to face intervire

Interview Questions
    • what is the latest trend you forsee to impact the world.   View Answer
    direct and swift

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in August 2012.

Skills test - mathematical (statistic, distribution) tasks and 2 cases.

Interview with HR:
    1) Guide me through you resume.
    2) Why did you choose Nielsen?
    3) What are your weaknesses and strengths?
    4) What motivates you?

Presentation - give recommendations to company, which launch a new product; interpret the graphs and surveys.

No one informed about the final result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in June 2010.

I was recruited after one interview by the team I am going to be working for. Team manager, Client Representative and a Business Analyst came to the interview. It was a friendly environment and they were more like chatting and asking about my background, university life and courses. They also asked about my knowledge about marketing research. One of the most important thing was to be long term, start as soon as possible and be able to continue part time 2-3 days during term time. Before the interview, I needed to make a translation to prove my English speaking abilities.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say that there was a very complicated or any technical question. However, I hear that later on the interview process has changed. Now, they first give a mathematical test and translation. Then, HR interview and then interview with the team manager as the final step.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I was an intern. They had a fixed daily salary.