Nielsen

Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Went in for a super day. Had three interviews. 1st asked about my background. 2nd asked me some easy brain teasers. 3rd asked me why nielsen? It was overall a pretty good process and I thought I had crushed the interview but I guess I did not.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

I was interviewed by a panel of two Nielsen managers. They were each very friendly and laid out the job specifications for me very clearly. I would really love to work for this company and hope that I get an offer. They sound like they are a very great company to work for.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Applied via the website. Within two days received an email setting up phone interview. Monday following Friday phone interview I had an in person interview with the area field manager that lasted around forty minutes and featured your usual greatest hits of interview questions. They told me I would know by around March 3rd and would be required to leave March 9th for a week of training in St. Louis followed by 6 weeks in Tampa.

Interview Questions
    • Your three worst qualities? Why are you the best candidate? Your three strengths? What do you dislike/like about your current or last job?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Applied through university recruiting and was sent a link to take an assessment. I wasn't prepared for the assessment as it was more intense than I was planning. I suggest you are in a position where you won't be distracted and can focus as it is timed and you will likely not finish. After the assessment I was contacted for a phone interview, nothing too difficult, just behavioral and going through your resume.

After the phone interview they followed up to have 2 interviews with managers. Both managers came to our campus the following week. 1 of the 2 was a case study that focused on the more statistical knowledge of data analysis. The second was more behavioral. Both managers were very helpful in the interview process.

They were very professional during the whole process and really wanted to match me with an office that I wanted. Asked me my preferences in regards to location and region. The offer was based on those preferences so I was really appreciative of that accommodation and professionalism. Only reason I didn't accept the offer was because of having to relocate and salary/cost of living considerations from another offer.

Nielsen Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Applied for job online in December...received an email from from recruiter for a 10 min interview. The next phase had a Skype interview with sales manager. Went very well. The next week received consent for background check. (I have a clean background). Two weeks have gone by no response from the company. I emailed recruiter..she responded the sales manger would call me. Another two weeks no response

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Screening interview, in person interview with assessment and math skills, interview with hiring manager. In the screening interview they asked me to describe the work I've done? .... I gave lots of examples of research projects relevant to the position and with a variety of methodologies. We also discussed comfort with technology and media. Nielsen has slightly reorganized their internal teams to better accommodate the multi-screen interactive world that we now live in. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. Describe your comfort level working with clients and developing proposals and surveys... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the work you've done? .... Give examples of work. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. ... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.   View Answer

Global Leaders Program Interview

They came to campus to interview for this position. The interviews were friendly, but I was kind of put off by the bickering of the interviewers who were dating each other. I felt that the questions were pretty standard, and they gave terrific feedback at the end. I felt comfortable contacting them after the interview to gain insight about my interview (what I could improve, what went well).

Interview Questions
    • Last, they asked, "Well what sets you apart?" And I felt like I answered that in everything else I said.   Answer Question

Research Interviewer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen.

Initially set up interview months before the actual offer but turned it down. Then a few months later got a call and email to come in and interview. It was very simple and the interviewer was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation unless you are bilingual. They add an extra dollar to you hourly pay.

Emerging Leaders Program: Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen in January 2015.

I applied through my university career site and was contacted within 5 days that I was selected for an interview. The interview was only one round and we heard within 2 weeks.

The interview was all behavior questions. Just know your resume well and have examples ready in your answers. There were two people interviewing and both were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nielsen? Why the Emerging Leaders Program? Why you?
      What was a mistake you made and how did you deal with it?
      What was one project or situation that made you uncomfortable and how would you deal with it now?

Answer Question

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in January 2015.

After submitting my resume I was invited to an on-site interview. I met with a manager who was very experienced in interviewing, but had not reviewed my resume prior. He asked technical questions from the job description, His focus was how much experience I had on solving problems as I was expected to face. Total time 1/2 hour. The second manager also had not read my resume and asked questions about experience I had in solving issues that were plaguing his projects. Total time 1/2. The job description was broad, but the focus of the interview was limited to immediate pain points resolution.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with performance requirements?   View Answer