Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

I met them at career fair and received and invitation to an on-campus interview. Before going to the interview I had to take an assessment online. This was not very hard, but it asked questions that made you think and you only had 3 minutes to answer each question. The on-campus interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. They were mostly behavioral questions, but some were problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • What is the change in price per year formula?   Answer Question
    • If you have a 3oz cup and a 5 oz cup and an unlimited supply of water, how do you measure exactly 4 oz without using anything else.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

There were three interviews, one in each of their verticals. It was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers and mini case type questions. You also had lunch with a current analyst which was helpful to get an idea for day to day life.

Interview Questions
    • A grocery store is looking to add almond milk to its shelves. What other milk product should they eliminate?   Answer Question

Human Resources ELP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

I had to apply both online and through the university recruiting system, and was prompted to schedule an interview the week after receiving notice that my initial application was accepted. Although it was a behavioral interview; the interviewer (who was very friendly) and didn't ask the typical questions; rather, she asked on-the-fly followup questions so it felt more conversational. Although I did not get the job, they were courteous enough to call to let me know of their decision. What stood out was their feedback; my interview took the time to explain how I could do better in future interviews, which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest learning experience this year and what did you learn? What are you most proud of in your college career?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Had first round interviews on campus. Invited back for a second round interview. The second round is in Schaumburg, IL. It is a two day invitational. Had 7 interviews with senior finance leaders and human resources. Then they have you perform a group case study in which you present for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about introducing a new product and testing the product using Nielsen's systems?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Typically, phone interview, then next steps would be to complete an online assessment. Afterwards, if deemed a potential candidate, brought in for face-to-face interviews. Key to success for this role, are to have excellent knowledge of excel and statistical models for solving problems. Basic understanding of regression is useful.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation, when you used regression analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Digital Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

I applied through Nielsen's website; about two weeks later I was reached out to by a recruiter. One week after that, I was connected over a phone interview with who I would report to (Director level). One week after that, I had a 1:1 phone interview with a peer who would have been on the same team.

I had to follow up with the recruiter a week after my peer phone interview for next steps; a couple of days later he said he would follow up with me. I then received an automated email letting me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to present to internal stakeholders.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

University recruitment
    Applied through career site and heard back in a couple of weeks. Had to do a difficult logic test (most of the difficulty stemmed from time constraints)
    After completing the test, i was asked to schedule and interview.
    The interview had some behavioral questions and some mini case questions. Also asked specifics about my coursework, including what i learned in various courses from previous years.

Interview Questions
    • Youre pepsi and you want to be sold in whole foods. What do you do to make this happen? How do you sell yourself to whole foods?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Applied through college - Online assessment, first round interview on campus and second round (3 interviews) in San Francisco Office. Process was easy and people along the way were helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too trick, mostly behavioral questions and few simple logical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Professional Services and Analytics Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

I applied online through my University. I was then contacted and asked to do an online test that asked questions about my work habits and logic questions (similar to LSAT logic questions). After this I was contacted and told that I received an interview and they suggested I attend an informational event, which I did. I then had my interview the next morning with a woman I met the night before.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a pretty simple case-ish question, which they kind of explained how to do the night before at the informational session. It was something like, company X wants to know where to place a product on a shelf what information should they have to make this decision.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Applied through OCR. First round was with two interviewers, and the questions were mostly behavioral. However, there was a case and a brain teaser. The case was simple. Walk them through a scenario when a firm wants to release a new product. Brain teaser was how to measure one cup when you have two glasses that measure 5 cups and 3 cups.