Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

Nielsen Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for job online in December...received an email from from recruiter for a 10 min interview. The next phase had a Skype interview with sales manager. Went very well. The next week received consent for background check. (I have a clean background). Two weeks have gone by no response from the company. I emailed recruiter..she responded the sales manger would call me. Another two weeks no response

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services and had an interview on campus. Interview lasted 45 minutes with one person, be prepared with a lot of questions because she gave me a good 10 minutes to ask questions!!

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions in the beginning, why I wanted to work there, and 3 case questions. The case questions were 1) M&M's has released a premium m&m product at a high price, but has seen slow sales. What would you tell your retailers in order for them to let you keep the product in stores? 2) On average, how would you go about figuring out how many student ride the campus bus in a given week. 3) Coke is thinking about releasing a craft beer in the market. What kind of data/statistics/research should they do before releasing it.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cape Girardeau, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied via the website. Within two days received an email setting up phone interview. Monday following Friday phone interview I had an in person interview with the area field manager that lasted around forty minutes and featured your usual greatest hits of interview questions. They told me I would know by around March 3rd and would be required to leave March 9th for a week of training in St. Louis followed by 6 weeks in Tampa.

Interview Questions

• Your three worst qualities? Why are you the best candidate? Your three strengths? What do you dislike/like about your current or last job?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Screening interview, in person interview with assessment and math skills, interview with hiring manager. In the screening interview they asked me to describe the work I've done? .... I gave lots of examples of research projects relevant to the position and with a variety of methodologies. We also discussed comfort with technology and media. Nielsen has slightly reorganized their internal teams to better accommodate the multi-screen interactive world that we now live in. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. Describe your comfort level working with clients and developing proposals and surveys... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work you've done? .... Give examples of work. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. ... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.   1 Answer

Interview

They came to campus to interview for this position. The interviews were friendly, but I was kind of put off by the bickering of the interviewers who were dating each other. I felt that the questions were pretty standard, and they gave terrific feedback at the end. I felt comfortable contacting them after the interview to gain insight about my interview (what I could improve, what went well).

Interview Questions

• Last, they asked, "Well what sets you apart?" And I felt like I answered that in everything else I said.   Answer Question

Research Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Initially set up interview months before the actual offer but turned it down. Then a few months later got a call and email to come in and interview. It was very simple and the interviewer was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation unless you are bilingual. They add an extra dollar to you hourly pay.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through the Nielsen website. Got an email requesting a phone call a couple weeks later. Scheduled that interview very quickly, within a few days. Pretty standard questions on that phone call. Past work experience, why Nielsen, why this positions, salary requests, etc. After that, they moved pretty quickly to having me take the online behavioral and analytical assessment. The behavioral are your normal "strongly disagree/strongly agree with this statement" questions. The analytical section runs through problems in the format of "Judy arrived to lunch at 12:00 PM. Alan arrived after Judy but before Tricia. Tricia arrived at 1:00 PM. Could Alan have arrived after Tricia?". You'll get 3 minutes for each question. Having successfully passed those tests, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with three VPs. Mostly conversational interviews, but be ready for their curveball questions. Each interviewer will have one. Know how to answer questions like "How many manhole covers are there in Manhattan?".

Associate Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A call with a recruiter and then an on-site interview with two people. Generally talked about my previous experience. There weren't specific questions that stood out. Engaging interview process - developed an interesting discussion during the interview :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview after I submitted my resume. The interview was about an hour long. Half of the questions were typical behavioral and situational, then it went into a logical test. The questions didn't seem too difficult at the time, then I was told later that they required more thought.

Emerging Leaders Program: Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and was contacted within 5 days that I was selected for an interview. The interview was only one round and we heard within 2 weeks. The interview was all behavior questions. Just know your resume well and have examples ready in your answers. There were two people interviewing and both were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen? Why the Emerging Leaders Program? Why you? What was a mistake you made and how did you deal with it? What was one project or situation that made you uncomfortable and how would you deal with it now?   Answer Question