Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Once referred to recruiter they were quick to schedule a phone interview and discuss the position. Within one week responded with status. The process was well communicated.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the company. Knowledge of different systems.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief, but thorough. Questions where focused towards work duties, not personality. Asked questions pertaining to job abilities. Didn't care to know many personal details. The persona who interviewed me was from the main location in Florida. The new HRBP is not a nice person.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of booking travel and things of that nature?   1 Answer

Client Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manger. Both were conversational and both interviewers were nice and positive. Did not ask any hard questions. The last round of interview was on-site, in which I met with a VP and a senior manager. The hard questions during on-site were case studies.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Went in for a super day. Had three interviews. 1st asked about my background. 2nd asked me some easy brain teasers. 3rd asked me why nielsen? It was overall a pretty good process and I thought I had crushed the interview but I guess I did not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two Nielsen managers. They were each very friendly and laid out the job specifications for me very clearly. I would really love to work for this company and hope that I get an offer. They sound like they are a very great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting and was sent a link to take an assessment. I wasn't prepared for the assessment as it was more intense than I was planning. I suggest you are in a position where you won't be distracted and can focus as it is timed and you will likely not finish. After the assessment I was contacted for a phone interview, nothing too difficult, just behavioral and going through your resume. After the phone interview they followed up to have 2 interviews with managers. Both managers came to our campus the following week. 1 of the 2 was a case study that focused on the more statistical knowledge of data analysis. The second was more behavioral. Both managers were very helpful in the interview process. They were very professional during the whole process and really wanted to match me with an office that I wanted. Asked me my preferences in regards to location and region. The offer was based on those preferences so I was really appreciative of that accommodation and professionalism. Only reason I didn't accept the offer was because of having to relocate and salary/cost of living considerations from another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus interview followed by onsite interview. Prior to campus interview, you had a pre-night where you networked with existing employees and interviewers. Campus interview had 2 people. Mainly behavioral questions. 1 mini case question. 2nd interview was 3 different interviews and all behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job board, received a math/analytical assessment from Nielsen a few days later to complete. After that, I got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview a few days later as well as an invite to the pre-night interview social the day before. Going to that was a smart choice since it allowed me to meet with my interviewer beforehand. On-campus interview went really well and consisted of mainly behavioral questions plus one estimation question and one case type question at the end. Within a couple days, I received a call to come into the Chicago office for a four hour final round interview. That interview consisted of three separate 45-minute sessions with different Nielsen employees, all of whom asked similar behavioral type questions -- but there was a lot of room to ask them questions as well and have conversations about Nielsen. After that, I went to lunch with a current employee, which was a great way to get to know more about the company environment in a non-professional setting. Everything at my final round interview went really well too, but I found out a week later via email I didn't receive an offer (probably my B.A. in the arts/humanities couldn't hold out on me any longer). Overall the process was pretty clear and easily navigable though.

Interview Questions

• Primarily behavioral type questions, a few analytical questions (estimation question + marketing/segmentation analysis questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bloomington, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, took about 30-45 minutes. Guy seemed pretty normal, as have all Nielsen employees I interacted with. Had I moved on in the process, I would have had another interview at one of their offices, a full day event (though I wouldn't have complained!). The job seemed really cool and was my #1 choice, so I was actually really sad to not get in.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and a few problem solving questions. There was also an online assessment, which was pretty hard.   Answer Question

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting at a career fair. Very next day had an on campus interview with two associates and I had to take an online analytical assessment. About a week later was emailed saying I made it to the final round. They were going to fly me to Chicago but then decided to come back to campus for the final round. Final round was two 45 minute interviews one-on-one. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Most questions are behavioral and they are looking at how you think.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 5oz cup, 3 oz cup, and unlimited supply of water, how would you measure 4oz   Answer Question