Nielsen

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2012.

All applicants required to take about a 3 hour test. Seems a bit ridiculous to require this, but guess they were hiring too many people that didn't know basic math. 10 basic math questions, 2 case studies. Relatively easy if you know conditional probabilities and remember high school math.

Interview Questions
  • Basic Math skills test - just make sure you reach each question carefully so you don't incorrectly answer due to not reading the question fully.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Manager Interview

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen.

Process: 6 rounds of interview (and serveral follow-ups) over 5 months. Phone or on-site interviews wtih more than 6 senior management people based out of multi-locations. Behavior questions, past experience discussion, academic background check were conducted, in additon to a full office tour at regional HQ. Eventually did not reach an agreement at offer negotiation round. Very unengaging or unprofessional process.

Pro: Have met a lot of executives at different levels and got more prodound understanding about what was going on with the company, biz division, and the position.

Cons: The hiring needs and JD were changing over and over again, which was really confuing and always set me a wrong expectation to the next rounds of interview. First I was asked if I would be interested in a job at location A (LA), but 2 weeks after I was asked to consider location B (LB). After interview regarding LB job, I was informed that the job was taken by a internal candidate and again was sent to a interview of location C (LC). Unfortunately, LC job was also taken by another candiate (before the interview I was told this round would be all but a "light talk"). After another 2 months, LA came back again but the job title was degraded with no reasonable explaination. At final round, I was told that "the job offer is no more than a matter of time", but after that no one contacted me anymore. No respect to a candidate's dignity and time at all.

Interview Questions
    • How can I be sure that staffs of your current employer is better than those of mine? (what an insult and joke...)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

The recruiter contacted me for this position. She had a 10-min phone conversation with me, and clearly did not seem to know anything about the position. She was not qualified to interview anyone at a Manager's position. She asked a couple of book-ish questions, and gave some vague (scripted) answers when asked about the team and the position. Then I was asked to go into their office for a 2-hr skill test (lame!!!). After all this, they never got back to me. The recruiter did not have the courtesy of responding to a follow-up email. If you take half a day from the candidate, i think you at least owe them a yes or no. Apart from lack of qualification, the recruiter lacked courtesy. Just plain and simply RUDE....

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in September 2010.

normally it takes 3-4 steps starting from entrance test; interview with HR, interview with user and finally negotiation/seal the deal. However during the negotiation it was a little bit difficult back then in 2010, the HR leader at that time was not really committed to fulfill my compensation benefits package as agreed during the hiring and interview process...it needs a big push to make it happened.

yes I able to negotiate...however ensure you are very proactive as their current HR is the worse HR management I ever experienced

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen in June 2010.

Had a written test which covered topics like, English, Logical reasoning, Proposal writing and Maths.
    After clearing the written test, two managers interviewed me at the same time.
    Then had an interview with the director for the SBU.
    Final interview was with the HR

Interview Questions
    • Need to prepare very well for the logical reasoning and mathematics problems.
      Interview with the director, had me answeing questions on research methods, sampling, data sourcing, designs and general knowledge

Answer Question

Dint see a growth opportunity

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in December 2009.

They were called on campus

no negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in January 2008.

Received a phone call from a placement agency who asked for CV, current and expected salary and job profile. This was followed by couple of rounds of interviews and they offered a role

Location issue