Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen in June 2011.

Interview

Normal HR interview. Then goes with Aptittude test contains basic math/stat. Case studies. time is 1 hr 30 mins. The company's professionalism is being visible through out interview process. They know to whom they should offer the Job.

Interview Questions

• % analysis, Profit-Loss analysis, Return on Investments, probability total 10 questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred to Nielsen IAG from a Nielsen recruiter after having experienced the effects of a hiring freeze from another Nielsen division, NM Incite, earlier. I had reached the final rounds after 3-4 weeks of interviewing and having finished an assessment and was told that they were not hiring after receiving good feedback on my interview performance. I thought there would be much hope with the NYC office in that I had made it past the phone screening and was able to meet for an on-site interview with team leaders of various verticals in the IAG division. After making it through that round they require you to complete a case study consisting of a few questions and an excel data sheet which you are to analyze and put into a 15 minute presentation. Having completed that in the 2nd-3rd week then I moved on to the final interview with the specific team I'd technically be working with. Overall, all the people were wonderful and I would have definitely liked to work there. Unfortunately, I was blindsided once again by Nielsen when they told me there was an immediate and indefinite hiring freeze at that moment again. All the people were great, but I was extremely disappointed and angry at having made it to the final rounds of 2 Nielsen Division in the past 4 months to hear there was a hiring freeze. Overall I feel it was a battle with corporate bureaucracy that made the process so difficult and strenuous. I definitely feel for the IAG staff and understand tensions of being an acquired company.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with a assessment in which there were 4 people and a case situation (the person in charge just had to evaluate their behaviors). Then, after 2 days they called for a maths and statistics exams (the first one was quite easy, the second was a bit tricky). The third phase of the process were some personality tests and an interview. Then, Nielsen arranged a case study at their offices and it was pretty hard, I did not passed to the final interview

Interview Questions

• In the final case, Even though the market situation was growing, you were supposed to be a brand A with not such a good sales behavior and market share. They gave me some graphs, sales information, pricing, numeric distribution and weighted distribution (the last ones were very confusing)   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in September 2014.

Interview

So I submitted my resume through employee referral. 1 week later, i got a phone call from Nielsen's HR at night. I thought it was only gonna be a short one. But the phone interview lasted like 1 hour. The HR was very professional, he went through each line of my resume, and I had tried my best linked it my educational background and past internship experience with market research. At the end of the phone interview, i was offered to do a online test. It contained personality test and logic test, and there is a time limit for each question. few days later i got an email saying that i passed the online test and would like to schedule a in-person meeting with me. About another week later, I went to the office for the interview. There were the HR and 2 managers who interviewed me. Before we talked, i did a math exam and a analytical presentation based on the material they gave me. Then I got to talk with the hr and managers who later worked with me. Apart from the test and presentation, they asked me general questions, like why Nielsen, what is my opinion about working in a team, work overtime, etc. The in-person interviewed last about 3 hours. And the result was given in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about market research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1)Online test 2)in person HR interview 3)case study + interview with the hiring manager. Overall the process was very fast and only took a couple of weeks. Do not be intimidated by the case study interview, they're really trying to test your thought process and confidence in your own abilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Resume was submitted internally. First round interview was with HR Manager focused entirely on behavioural questions and expanding on resume. Second round interview was a case study informal presentation with two managers. An hour to prepare case analysis independently. After the hour, meet with them managers who try to get to know you better - behavioural questions, technical skills, thought leadership question. Finish off by presenting the case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a dysfunctional team. Case study solving real-life scenario of brand losing market share, how can it overcome this?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in December 2013.

Interview

1. round was an aptitude test. 2. round was an interview, CV overview, info about position 3. case study, perform presentation of introduction of MS Excel, meeting representant of the client company were I could be assigned.

Interview Questions

• Actually nothing unexpected. Test was not difficult for me, you can find some parts of it online.   Answer Question

Better option

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The initial communication was a phone interview where they asked questions like what were your motivations and how much you knew the company. The face to face interview was almost 2 hours long. 1 Hour was for an assessment that they administered. The other hour was to explain/present your answers. I got a reply at the end of the day so that was really good in terms of efficiency.

Interview Questions

• The mini case study was interesting. You just have to cover all your bases and explain/justify your answers accordingly. The important thing is to have a framework and show your thought processes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills. The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen   1 Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question