Nielsen Membership Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at a hotel with 3 managers. Process was very comfortable and lasted about 1 hour. Questions were predictable and we had conversations about each topic. I did not expect three managers when I arrived and that should have been explained in advance.

Interview Questions

• Experience talking to all types of people, at their door   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 interviews and then sent for 3 weeks training in FL. First over the phone with a placement person, the second was another phone interview and set up in person appointment. Then after the interview, and training period is over there is supposed to be another ride along with a trainer for a week or two, but trainers seemed distracted by personal business.

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Phone screening, Skype Interview and an in person interview with numerous supervisory levels

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about bugs and dirt? We work in the field and experience it all in people's homes!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple...very fair offer from the start

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2013.

Interview

There was a quick, initial phone interview. Then came a 2-hour group interview, which included 15 minutes of research and a 5-minute presentation on a Nielsen product. The next step was an individual ride along with a current representative for the top candidates, who were required to pass a background check first. After that, there was another quick phone interview to follow up about your experience on the ride along. Last but not least was a call with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable but you can earn quarterly bonuses if you been your weekly goals.

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

First contacted by HR over the phone, then a one-on-one interview with one of the hiring local manager, then a language test, then a phone interview with the regional manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate base salary as they made a strong case with the bonus struture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

hiring process was fairly easy but just took a very long time in between steps

Interview Questions

• the interviewer asked me to role play with him to resolve some of the common objections I would be getting at my job   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Towson, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

I completed an online application. After a few days, I was contacted via email to provide more information for a background check. Once the background check was complete, I was asked to interview in person with the regional manager. After the in person interview I was called with the job offer.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Nielsen has hourly pay set per state. Take it or leave it.

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in January 2011.

Interview

First by phone, then infield with a manager /associate director. Hotel lobby - very friendly - casual. was given a call back and did a ride along with a current employee and shown what the job was like. Offered a position and sent to Florida for training

Negotiation

None

Membership Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2010.

Interview

I wasnt quite qualified for this position but I felt that the 3 weeks of training may not be enough or other positions offer training that is too long in length.

Membership Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2008.

Interview

phone screened first, then there was an interview in a hotel lobby. then i had a ride along in the field to see if I liked it and they liked me, i gather. Then they called me and offered the job. 3 weeks training in Tampa, Florida. There was a week before and after that training with a trainer.