Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Applied through college job board, received a math/analytical assessment from Nielsen a few days later to complete. After that, I got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview a few days later as well as an invite to the pre-night interview social the day before. Going to that was a smart choice since it allowed me to meet with my interviewer beforehand. On-campus interview went really well and consisted of mainly behavioral questions plus one estimation question and one case type question at the end. Within a couple days, I received a call to come into the Chicago office for a four hour final round interview. That interview consisted of three separate 45-minute sessions with different Nielsen employees, all of whom asked similar behavioral type questions -- but there was a lot of room to ask them questions as well and have conversations about Nielsen. After that, I went to lunch with a current employee, which was a great way to get to know more about the company environment in a non-professional setting. Everything at my final round interview went really well too, but I found out a week later via email I didn't receive an offer (probably my B.A. in the arts/humanities couldn't hold out on me any longer). Overall the process was pretty clear and easily navigable though.

Interview Questions
  • Primarily behavioral type questions, a few analytical questions (estimation question + marketing/segmentation analysis questions)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interviewed on campus, took about 30-45 minutes. Guy seemed pretty normal, as have all Nielsen employees I interacted with. Had I moved on in the process, I would have had another interview at one of their offices, a full day event (though I wouldn't have complained!). The job seemed really cool and was my #1 choice, so I was actually really sad to not get in.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions and a few problem solving questions. There was also an online assessment, which was pretty hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Applied online. Was asked to complete the online assessment which was a multiple-choice questions. It was a mix of analytical questions and behavior questions(like do you multitask, how sympathetic are you to your co-workers etc.)
    After this, I was scheduled for an interview. It was a 45 minute interview process where I went over the resume and highlighted a couple of projects. THe interviewer asked me behavioral questions mostly. I had a lot of examples stowed away. So it was not difficult to answer them.
    My analytical skill was also tested. She asked me "There are 25,000 students in the campus. How many students take the university shuttle in a year". I felt that thinking out loud gave her a good idea of how I analysed the situation. The interview ended with her asking me why Nielsen.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. I have been scheduled for the final round of interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a complex situation that you faced, and how you solved it   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Applied through university recruiting and was sent a link to take an assessment. I wasn't prepared for the assessment as it was more intense than I was planning. I suggest you are in a position where you won't be distracted and can focus as it is timed and you will likely not finish. After the assessment I was contacted for a phone interview, nothing too difficult, just behavioral and going through your resume.

After the phone interview they followed up to have 2 interviews with managers. Both managers came to our campus the following week. 1 of the 2 was a case study that focused on the more statistical knowledge of data analysis. The second was more behavioral. Both managers were very helpful in the interview process.

They were very professional during the whole process and really wanted to match me with an office that I wanted. Asked me my preferences in regards to location and region. The offer was based on those preferences so I was really appreciative of that accommodation and professionalism. Only reason I didn't accept the offer was because of having to relocate and salary/cost of living considerations from another offer.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Went in for a super day. Had three interviews. 1st asked about my background. 2nd asked me some easy brain teasers. 3rd asked me why nielsen? It was overall a pretty good process and I thought I had crushed the interview but I guess I did not.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Applied through college - Online assessment, first round interview on campus and second round (3 interviews) in San Francisco Office. Process was easy and people along the way were helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too trick, mostly behavioral questions and few simple logical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Short on campus interview with brain teasers and situational questions, and longer final round interview in the office with more situational and why Nielsen questions. Everyone was very nice and friendly, clear communication

Interview Questions
    • What criticism have you received in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Applied through campus career services and got a first round interview on campus. Interview was 45 minute behavioral type. There was a meet a greet the night before- I suggest going as it is where I met the interviewer. During the meet and greet I asked my interviewer if there would be brain teasers as the ones that are posted on this site and she told me "not that I know of'. She had never conducted an interview before and had no idea what she was talking about considering over half the interview consisted of brain teaser questions. The beginning of the interview was the generic walk me through your resume. She then pulled out a packet with questions related to business scenarios and things as crazy as how many slices of pizza a college campus would consume in a year. They just want to hear how you reason things out- so talk through your process as much as you can.

This interview was insanely hard to prepare for as the questions were meant to make you think on the spot. The interviewer was extremely unprepared and frazzled, flipping threw the packet and reading the questions during the first time during the interview. I have no idea why such a prestigious company chose to send such an unprepared recruit to campus and thought it would work in my benefit. It however did not. I was disappointed to find that no one I knew who interviewed got the job besides 1. Not surprised though this process was very vigorous- even more competitive than interviewing with the big 4.

Interview Questions
    • You have a 3 oz and a 5 oz cup of water how do you measure 1 oz?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in January 2013.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. The process took about a week. There was a networking dinner the night before the interview. 2 interviewers, some short case/what if questions but mostly behavioral

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen.

I had a first round interview over the phone. I also had to take a problem solving/analytical timed test. He asked a couple of brainteaser questions and behavioral questions (mainly from resume). Second round was onsite. It consisted of 3 1:1 interviews and then a panel discussion at the end. Mostly behavioral questions.