Nielsen

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Went in for a super day. Had three interviews. 1st asked about my background. 2nd asked me some easy brain teasers. 3rd asked me why nielsen? It was overall a pretty good process and I thought I had crushed the interview but I guess I did not.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Applied through college - Online assessment, first round interview on campus and second round (3 interviews) in San Francisco Office. Process was easy and people along the way were helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too trick, mostly behavioral questions and few simple logical questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Short on campus interview with brain teasers and situational questions, and longer final round interview in the office with more situational and why Nielsen questions. Everyone was very nice and friendly, clear communication

Interview Questions
    • What criticism have you received in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Applied through campus career services and got a first round interview on campus. Interview was 45 minute behavioral type. There was a meet a greet the night before- I suggest going as it is where I met the interviewer. During the meet and greet I asked my interviewer if there would be brain teasers as the ones that are posted on this site and she told me "not that I know of'. She had never conducted an interview before and had no idea what she was talking about considering over half the interview consisted of brain teaser questions. The beginning of the interview was the generic walk me through your resume. She then pulled out a packet with questions related to business scenarios and things as crazy as how many slices of pizza a college campus would consume in a year. They just want to hear how you reason things out- so talk through your process as much as you can.

This interview was insanely hard to prepare for as the questions were meant to make you think on the spot. The interviewer was extremely unprepared and frazzled, flipping threw the packet and reading the questions during the first time during the interview. I have no idea why such a prestigious company chose to send such an unprepared recruit to campus and thought it would work in my benefit. It however did not. I was disappointed to find that no one I knew who interviewed got the job besides 1. Not surprised though this process was very vigorous- even more competitive than interviewing with the big 4.

Interview Questions
    • You have a 3 oz and a 5 oz cup of water how do you measure 1 oz?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in January 2013.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. The process took about a week. There was a networking dinner the night before the interview. 2 interviewers, some short case/what if questions but mostly behavioral

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen.

I had a first round interview over the phone. I also had to take a problem solving/analytical timed test. He asked a couple of brainteaser questions and behavioral questions (mainly from resume). Second round was onsite. It consisted of 3 1:1 interviews and then a panel discussion at the end. Mostly behavioral questions.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

I went to the pre-interview and made a lot of good connections and then I felt as though I was judged on one question in my interview. The interview wasn't difficult, but I don't understand why some of the questions would give them useful information.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

There were three interviews, one in each of their verticals. It was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers and mini case type questions. You also had lunch with a current analyst which was helpful to get an idea for day to day life.

Interview Questions
    • A grocery store is looking to add almond milk to its shelves. What other milk product should they eliminate?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through my university's career center and was selected for an on-campus interview. Questions included my work experience and marketing scenarios. They definitely wanted to see how you think and can analyze a situation. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • You are given an unlimited supply of water, a 5 cup measurement and a 3 cup measurement. How can you measure 1 cup?   View Answer

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I met them at career fair and received and invitation to an on-campus interview. Before going to the interview I had to take an assessment online. This was not very hard, but it asked questions that made you think and you only had 3 minutes to answer each question. The on-campus interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. They were mostly behavioral questions, but some were problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • What is the change in price per year formula?   Answer Question
    • If you have a 3oz cup and a 5 oz cup and an unlimited supply of water, how do you measure exactly 4 oz without using anything else.   Answer Question