Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career services and got a first round interview on campus. Interview was 45 minute behavioral type. There was a meet a greet the night before- I suggest going as it is where I met the interviewer. During the meet and greet I asked my interviewer if there would be brain teasers as the ones that are posted on this site and she told me "not that I know of'. She had never conducted an interview before and had no idea what she was talking about considering over half the interview consisted of brain teaser questions. The beginning of the interview was the generic walk me through your resume. She then pulled out a packet with questions related to business scenarios and things as crazy as how many slices of pizza a college campus would consume in a year. They just want to hear how you reason things out- so talk through your process as much as you can. This interview was insanely hard to prepare for as the questions were meant to make you think on the spot. The interviewer was extremely unprepared and frazzled, flipping threw the packet and reading the questions during the first time during the interview. I have no idea why such a prestigious company chose to send such an unprepared recruit to campus and thought it would work in my benefit. It however did not. I was disappointed to find that no one I knew who interviewed got the job besides 1. Not surprised though this process was very vigorous- even more competitive than interviewing with the big 4.

Interview Questions

• You have a 3 oz and a 5 oz cup of water how do you measure 1 oz?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I had a first round interview over the phone. I also had to take a problem solving/analytical timed test. He asked a couple of brainteaser questions and behavioral questions (mainly from resume). Second round was onsite. It consisted of 3 1:1 interviews and then a panel discussion at the end. Mostly behavioral questions.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I went to the pre-interview and made a lot of good connections and then I felt as though I was judged on one question in my interview. The interview wasn't difficult, but I don't understand why some of the questions would give them useful information.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my university's career center and was selected for an on-campus interview. Questions included my work experience and marketing scenarios. They definitely wanted to see how you think and can analyze a situation. Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• You are given an unlimited supply of water, a 5 cup measurement and a 3 cup measurement. How can you measure 1 cup?   1 Answer

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Recruited through university, attended info sessions, passed online analytic test, had a first round on campus that consisted of 1 case and 1 behavioral. Definitely helped that I knew people already working there in order to get the first round. I recommend demonstrating your interest in and knowledge about Nielsen during the interview.

Interview Questions

• confusing question about pepsi offering product at new retailer   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

This was through on-campus recruiting -- I talked with them at my university's Career Fair, attended several information sessions, and tried to understand the different positions available and the different verticals within Professional Services. The interview itself was relatively straightforward. I interviewed for full-time on campus, so I did two 45-minute interviews (essentially first and second round interviews in one go). In each, we spent some time discussing my resume. Then, I was asked behavioral questions (mostly revolving around teamwork, giving presentation, using data to tell a story). There were a couple of marketing case questions, where I was given a company and a situation they were in and asked what types of questions I would ask and what type of data I would recommend the company look for. They also threw in a couple of brainteasers (you have one five ounce cup and one three ounce cup and an unlimited amount of water. How do you get one of the cups to have one ounce of water?).

Interview Questions

• 1) When were you in a situation where you were asked to do something you were uncomfortable with and how did you respond? 2) How many flights leave from the Atlanta International Airport every week? (and other similar brain teasers) 3) Mondelez has released a grape Oreo and they see that sales aren't that high (really? Ya think?). How would you go about increasing demand for this product? 4) Company X is a large, well-known company in a niche market selling granola bars. Company Y has just penetrated the market with a similar product at a lower price. Company X tries to release granola bars in smaller packages with a lower price and increased advertising, but sales do not increase. What types of questions would you ask and what type of data would you recommend the company look into?   1 Answer

Wasn't the type of company I was looking for.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

I met them at career fair and received and invitation to an on-campus interview. Before going to the interview I had to take an assessment online. This was not very hard, but it asked questions that made you think and you only had 3 minutes to answer each question. The on-campus interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. They were mostly behavioral questions, but some were problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What is the change in price per year formula?   Answer Question
    • If you have a 3oz cup and a 5 oz cup and an unlimited supply of water, how do you measure exactly 4 oz without using anything else.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

There were three interviews, one in each of their verticals. It was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers and mini case type questions. You also had lunch with a current analyst which was helpful to get an idea for day to day life.

Interview Questions

• A grocery store is looking to add almond milk to its shelves. What other milk product should they eliminate?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through college - Online assessment, first round interview on campus and second round (3 interviews) in San Francisco Office. Process was easy and people along the way were helpful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too trick, mostly behavioral questions and few simple logical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Applied through OCR. First round was with two interviewers, and the questions were mostly behavioral. However, there was a case and a brain teaser. The case was simple. Walk them through a scenario when a firm wants to release a new product. Brain teaser was how to measure one cup when you have two glasses that measure 5 cups and 3 cups.