Nielsen

Nielsen Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2010.

I submitted my resume and heard back within a week or two to set up the first of three interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager (HM), the second was with one of his employees and the third was with the HM's boss. Each had different sets of questions with the HM's boss being a conversation about my past employers and any challenges, etc., to basically see if my personality was a good fit for the office. The HM's employee was the most technical in questions to see if I could actually do the job, whilst the HM was somewhere in between the two.

Be prepared for technical and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle an irate client that calls you unexpectedly while your boss is unavailable?   Answer Question
Typical HR back and forth.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2013.

One written test based on Arithmetic, reasoning, two set of telephonic rounds based on statistics like sampling, regression etc, also asked about experience, how to handle clients, kind of Industries, kind of projects handled, type of people managed, challenges faced, how did we tackle etc

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question is, how do you manage multiple tasks or stakholders   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen.

Normally a written test (checking basics of quants, problem solving and language) followed by interview in most cases there will be multiple interviews as the company is big and diverse and needs people with multiple skills.

15 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in July 2013.

Submitted my resume online; recieved an email 2 weeks later to set up an screening call with HR. After, completed an online test (personality/logic, similar to "games" portion of LSAT) and was contacted the next business day to schedule face-to-face interviews. Met 1 week later with 3 people in the office; 3 45-minute interviews, all with a different interveiw approach: 1) explain work style and approach; 2) answer how you would deal with sample client issues; 3) technical related - analysis of sample regression model and some simple problem solving from there. Offer extended the next business day.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you missed a deadline, and how you resolved the issue. Sounds simple, but it was actually difficult for me to think of a time.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is still onging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

First a phone interview as screening, second a test (math/problem solving, general work situations), finally in person interviews with about 5 people (mostly groups of 2).

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where a client/customer was not satisfied with your work   Answer Question
    I merely accepted the offer they provided. Not any negotiation nor would there have been as most positions don't have a huge salary range unless you go higher in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nielsen in April 2013.

I applied online then got an email about a month later. I then went through 3 phone interviews but did not get the first position. About a week later I had another interview for a different position. I had a phone interview and a personality test

Project Manager Interview

Great communication throughout the entire process. Two interviews, first round behavioral, second a case interview and behavioral. Everyone seemed genuinely excited about their job, and I liked everyone I met. There are lots of office locations and flexibility for remote working and travel.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was the hardest and most complex, but well orchestrated.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

I was first contacted by the director who had the position open and we did a phone interview. Our conversation lasted about 45 minutes. I got the interview as a result of being referred. A second interview (by phone) was set up to talk with two of the director's managers for nearly an hour. It was a business casual type of interview, with a lot of room to discuss the position, Nielsen, the director's management sytyle, etc.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer picked a situation I described on my resume which dealt with picking up the ball and finishing a project that had been overdue by a year. He asked me how I managed to get the project done in such a short time period when my predecessor had failed.   View Answer