Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Starts with an assessment test that is 10 math questions and 2 open ends. interview with 3 people across divisions. Everyone has big egos and likes to be made to feel important.

Interview Questions

• Be skilled in general marketing terms. There can be case studies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Referral. Phone Interview. Invited for assessment at local office. Didn't pass the assessment and was notified that I would not be moving forward.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Applied online through university recruitment.

Was invited to complete a reasoning test. The test included basic statistics questions (high-school level problems) along with a case study at the end, giving a client a recommendation. The test seemed easy but I didn't not get invited back to any further steps. It seems like the test was used to weed out candidates. I'm certain all the math questions were answered correctly. Perhaps they were looking for unique answers to the case study.

Interview Questions

• If there X amount of members in a community and Y percentage read a newspaper. W amount read paper A and Z amount read paper B. What percent of community members read both paper A and B?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

first round interview was written test and the group interview by a human resources staff and the human resources manager. written test was about java and vba, but all i know about the two systems was their names. so i didn't pass the first round.

Interview Questions

• written test was about computer skills but i never learned it and my major was nothing related to computer sciences.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Phone screening, Behavioral Assessment, In person math exam, three interviews with five people, and then maybe lunch if you're lucky.

The process was very intimidating yet beneficial as well.

If you don't pass the math exam you can not move on with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? I didn't want to say anything bad about my current employer but how do I say all the reasons why I want to leave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, was asked for a phone interview to which I replied with available times and received no response. I followed up within the time frame in case the email was lost or something but still nothing. Very odd and unprofessional. It seems that if there were too many responses an email is an easy thing to send these days.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions

• managing time for the written test is most dificult   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Indi, Karnataka (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

good stats case study , business studies related ques ... hr interview applied through my college career center online within a few days I was contacted to schedule a time i was available to interview on campus. I was interviewed on campus it was mostly a behavioral interview with one or two theoretical consulting questions.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

Interview

Apparently companies no longer judge you through an interview, or phone interview, but through a simple initial email response.

I received an email from a recruiter asking when I would be able to speak and set up a potential time for a phone interview to discuss the position. I responded within the hour and said when I would be available and that I am happy to speak about the job, and to please let me know what time would be best for them to contact me.

And that was that....no response. I tried contacting them multiple times after, but not too many, just in case somehow some emergency occurred. Nothing.

I guess my style of responding wasn't Nielsen material. Unreal.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Milano (Italy)).

Interview

the process was handled in a really friendly, comfortable and friendly way. I was asked about my goals, my past experiences and my skills. There was also a more technical part of an interview like analyzing data and graphs but the recruiters made it so much fun it didn't seem to be a real interview. The interview took about an hour still I didn't want to walk out the room. A great experience!