Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)
Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2014.

good stats case study , business studies related ques ... hr interview applied through my college career center online within a few days I was contacted to schedule a time i was available to interview on campus. I was interviewed on campus it was mostly a behavioral interview with one or two theoretical consulting questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions
    • managing time for the written test is most dificult   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

4 rounds.
    1. written test
    2. group discussion & presentation
    3. panel interviews (HR, case studies, background check)
    4. presentation to the head of the team

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult in general, require some understanding about the market research industry and good analytical mind is very crucial.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

first round interview was written test and the group interview by a human resources staff and the human resources manager. written test was about java and vba, but all i know about the two systems was their names. so i didn't pass the first round.

Interview Questions
    • written test was about computer skills but i never learned it and my major was nothing related to computer sciences.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Applied online through university recruitment.

Was invited to complete a reasoning test. The test included basic statistics questions (high-school level problems) along with a case study at the end, giving a client a recommendation. The test seemed easy but I didn't not get invited back to any further steps. It seems like the test was used to weed out candidates. I'm certain all the math questions were answered correctly. Perhaps they were looking for unique answers to the case study.

Interview Questions
    • If there X amount of members in a community and Y percentage read a newspaper. W amount read paper A and Z amount read paper B. What percent of community members read both paper A and B?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Starts with an assessment test that is 10 math questions and 2 open ends. interview with 3 people across divisions. Everyone has big egos and likes to be made to feel important.

Interview Questions
    • Be skilled in general marketing terms. There can be case studies.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in June 2012.

A written test followed by three rounds of interviews. First was technical and over the phone. Second was face to face and technical. Third was general discussion and over the phone.

TEch rounds were based on the CV. General discussion was with the ofshore manager and more in terms of interests and what to expect at the job

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years time   View Answer
    If you negotiate then they may notch up the salary a bit, but then hit you in other ways, like they may reduce the bonus part.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

the process was pretty straight forward and interviewee seeked for interest on research. The interview was very normal and had no twists at all. Some questions from my graduation subjects were also asked and some current issues were discussed

Interview Questions
    • when do you study during an ordinary day in your life   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

Bit difficult apti & lame personal interview

Interview Questions
    • Tel me the no of cubicles inside the office. How many people are working there   Answer Question
    • Estimate how many domino pizzas are sold daily(estimate) No data given   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

Apparently companies no longer judge you through an interview, or phone interview, but through a simple initial email response.

I received an email from a recruiter asking when I would be able to speak and set up a potential time for a phone interview to discuss the position. I responded within the hour and said when I would be available and that I am happy to speak about the job, and to please let me know what time would be best for them to contact me.

And that was that....no response. I tried contacting them multiple times after, but not too many, just in case somehow some emergency occurred. Nothing.

I guess my style of responding wasn't Nielsen material. Unreal.