Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process consists of an aptitude test, followed by 4 rounds of interview.
Aptitude test - Medium difficult.
10 qts on quant (No options given)
2 case studies
Questions on grammar correction.

If shortlisted then you will called for HR interview. basic qts are asked related to your cv, work ex, summer internship and basic marketing concepts.

it is then followed by 2 technical rounds of interview.
For the first round, most of the questions are practical. e.g. - if you are a brand manager of this product, then what will you do under a given situation.
A mathematical puzzle was given to me.
If you dont know the answers, admit it.

Second round of technical interview: Most of the questions were based on marketing concepts and related to your summer internship project.

Interview by VP: easiest of them all. General questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in next 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It took 4 months to schedule an interview after written test. As I was located away, had 2 rounds of telephonic calls once with Hiring Manager and another with Director

Interview Questions

• 1st Interview round you are given a graph, a table and asked to analyse looking at the numbers what would be the right decision. They are interested in knowing your thought process. Lot of logic related and what if questions. Your answers will be scrutinized.
      2nd interview with Director was purely number based. Probability, Percentage and allied Mathematics tools. Please sit with a calculator. The questions will be tweaked once you come to conclusion. So be clear.

1 Answer
    • potatoes are put to dry on Day 1, they have 99% water content. On day too they loose water content and now it's 98% of the mass. How much has the weight reduced?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Milano (Italy)).

Interview

the process was handled in a really friendly, comfortable and friendly way. I was asked about my goals, my past experiences and my skills. There was also a more technical part of an interview like analyzing data and graphs but the recruiters made it so much fun it didn't seem to be a real interview. The interview took about an hour still I didn't want to walk out the room. A great experience!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process comprised of aptitude test and PI. Before the aptitude test detailed presentation about the company and the role offered were given, the company people were open to all kind of questions. The aptitude test comprised of Quant, two short cases (one on interpretation of a sample research finding and other about suggestions on a new product launch) and verbal (mainly error correction).
    Based on the aptitude marks candidates were shortlisted for PI. Quant has the maximum weightage.
    The PI had three rounds comprising of technical(about research, some situations were also given) and HR questions (all sort of questions about you and few questions about the company and profile offered).
    Selection was done after a short interaction with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Convince Apple Inc. to opt for market research as a client of Nielsen.
      Name of CEO of Nielsen India.

Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen in July 2014.

Interview

very impressed at the way things work in Nielsen company, contacted immediately after the test for the results. very quick, clear and crisp. only one thing I did not understand is why dont they allow to sit for all the tests? i am sure many of you'l will agree with me...........having studied 5 years of statsistics you wont be judged on it and wont be allowed to give test unless you clear Maths and English, that too with 70%.
    goodluck to all trying for this company
    it isnt everybody's cup of tea, but one should always give it a try.

Interview Questions

• nothing is difficult if you study hard core for aptitude tests, but after achieving your masters degree in a particular subject one often sidelines aptitude, so only advice is go for it the harder way!!!.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Indi, Karnataka (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

good stats case study , business studies related ques ... hr interview applied through my college career center online within a few days I was contacted to schedule a time i was available to interview on campus. I was interviewed on campus it was mostly a behavioral interview with one or two theoretical consulting questions.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions

• managing time for the written test is most dificult   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interview

4 rounds.
    1. written test
    2. group discussion & presentation
    3. panel interviews (HR, case studies, background check)
    4. presentation to the head of the team

Interview Questions

• not very difficult in general, require some understanding about the market research industry and good analytical mind is very crucial.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Applied online through university recruitment.

Was invited to complete a reasoning test. The test included basic statistics questions (high-school level problems) along with a case study at the end, giving a client a recommendation. The test seemed easy but I didn't not get invited back to any further steps. It seems like the test was used to weed out candidates. I'm certain all the math questions were answered correctly. Perhaps they were looking for unique answers to the case study.

Interview Questions

• If there X amount of members in a community and Y percentage read a newspaper. W amount read paper A and Z amount read paper B. What percent of community members read both paper A and B?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

first round interview was written test and the group interview by a human resources staff and the human resources manager. written test was about java and vba, but all i know about the two systems was their names. so i didn't pass the first round.

Interview Questions

• written test was about computer skills but i never learned it and my major was nothing related to computer sciences.   Answer Question