Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Got contacted by an HR, no phone interview and go straight to onsite. The onsite interviews were 5 1:1 30mins, nothing difficult or unexpected, but you need to show strong interest in the particular role. They are quite laid-back on hiring process, slow replies.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in October 2012.

I submit an application online and was contacted by the recruiter. There were two phone conversations and then they assigned a case study to test my aptitude. The case study provided a data set and the instructions to turn it into a 15-slide presentation. After the case study, I was flown into the office for an in person interview where I met individually with three people on the team.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all very standard and, though the process was formal, it was conversational.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2014.

good stats case study , business studies related ques ... hr interview applied through my college career center online within a few days I was contacted to schedule a time i was available to interview on campus. I was interviewed on campus it was mostly a behavioral interview with one or two theoretical consulting questions.

Research Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2012.

Apparently companies no longer judge you through an interview, or phone interview, but through a simple initial email response.

I received an email from a recruiter asking when I would be able to speak and set up a potential time for a phone interview to discuss the position. I responded within the hour and said when I would be available and that I am happy to speak about the job, and to please let me know what time would be best for them to contact me.

And that was that....no response. I tried contacting them multiple times after, but not too many, just in case somehow some emergency occurred. Nothing.

I guess my style of responding wasn't Nielsen material. Unreal.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Starts with an assessment test that is 10 math questions and 2 open ends. interview with 3 people across divisions. Everyone has big egos and likes to be made to feel important.

Interview Questions
    • Be skilled in general marketing terms. There can be case studies.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Referral. Phone Interview. Invited for assessment at local office. Didn't pass the assessment and was notified that I would not be moving forward.

Research Analyst Interview

Phone screening, Behavioral Assessment, In person math exam, three interviews with five people, and then maybe lunch if you're lucky.

The process was very intimidating yet beneficial as well.

If you don't pass the math exam you can not move on with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? I didn't want to say anything bad about my current employer but how do I say all the reasons why I want to leave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

Applied online, was asked for a phone interview to which I replied with available times and received no response. I followed up within the time frame in case the email was lost or something but still nothing. Very odd and unprofessional. It seems that if there were too many responses an email is an easy thing to send these days.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions
    • managing time for the written test is most dificult   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Applied online through university recruitment.

Was invited to complete a reasoning test. The test included basic statistics questions (high-school level problems) along with a case study at the end, giving a client a recommendation. The test seemed easy but I didn't not get invited back to any further steps. It seems like the test was used to weed out candidates. I'm certain all the math questions were answered correctly. Perhaps they were looking for unique answers to the case study.

Interview Questions
    • If there X amount of members in a community and Y percentage read a newspaper. W amount read paper A and Z amount read paper B. What percent of community members read both paper A and B?   Answer Question