Nielsen Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in September 2010.

Interview

First of all, I am not done with the hiring process, so I will just describe what I have gone through. I have received an email roughly a week ago regarding a phone interview with Nielsen. The phone interview was conducted a few days later; it was short, lasted about 5 minutes. By the end of the interview, the recruiter asked me to come in for an assessment test. I took the test and the recruiter notified me that I passed the test and asked me for an on-site interview sometime next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen in September 2010.

Interview

Up until now has been very professional. Waiting to do the analytical assessment

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Westport, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

I heard about the position from a personal referral and applied through their website, so they emailed me back to set up a phone interview the next week. That went well so they called me in for an assessment of 10 math questions and 2 case studies in 90 minutes which was challenging, but as long as you move quickly you can complete. A day or two later they emailed me back to set up an in person interview, which consisted of 3 40 minute interviews and a lunch with a senior analyst. The interviews were part behavioral part analytical: some questions easier than others. The office seemed very relaxed and dress was business casual at best, friendly people and nice location.

Interview Questions

• They give u a magazine advertisement and you have to list positives and negatives of it.   Answer Question
    • Which do you choose: a cereal with very attractive packaging that users find okay or a cereal with ordinary, not-catchy packaging that users love.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

The recruiter found my CV online and offered to apply for the graduate position with BASES. Although the process took something like 2 month it was quite structured. At first I got a math test. 10 questions and 2 essays. I think for preparation it is good to do some GMAT questions, including some basic probability ( 2-3 questions).Essay were on new product development and research questions. Then there was a screening recruitment interview and finally 2 weeks later assessment centre. Everyone was really nice and very friendly. It consisted of a group exercise and several individual exercises. Everyone is very nice and friendly, so try to be yourself and enjoy experience.

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of beer are drank in the city over the week.   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Standard interview questions, then a question about how you would advise a client on how to bring a new prodcut to market, being specific

Interview Questions

• What would you advise a client who is launching a new product to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was on-campus with one Nielsen employee from NYC with a required analytical assessment. The assessment is consistent with the other example problems posted here and was very simple SAT-I-level stuff. I received a follow-up about one or two weeks later with a request to set up a an on-site interview a week or two after the call. The on-site interview comprised interviews with three people. After another week of downtime I received an invitation to come in again for another set of interviews (three, again). The culture seems very laid back from my impression of the employees in the interview. They are very nice and genuinely enjoy what they do. I declined the second on-site interview because my impression from the long downtimes between interviews was that the company might be a little too bureaucratic for my desires, and I was growing wearisome of the interview process. Clearly they want the candidate to be a strong fit but I think two three-round onsites after the initial on-campus is a little too much for me personally. Overall the people are very nice but the interview process is far too long. I was unimpressed since I was aiming for a January 2012 start date.

Interview Questions

• <firm> needs to increase sales. What kind of methods can they use to determine effectiveness of new product/promotion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I submit an application online and was contacted by the recruiter. There were two phone conversations and then they assigned a case study to test my aptitude. The case study provided a data set and the instructions to turn it into a 15-slide presentation. After the case study, I was flown into the office for an in person interview where I met individually with three people on the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all very standard and, though the process was formal, it was conversational.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Got contacted by an HR, no phone interview and go straight to onsite. The onsite interviews were 5 1:1 30mins, nothing difficult or unexpected, but you need to show strong interest in the particular role. They are quite laid-back on hiring process, slow replies.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Milano (Italy)).

Interview

the process was handled in a really friendly, comfortable and friendly way. I was asked about my goals, my past experiences and my skills. There was also a more technical part of an interview like analyzing data and graphs but the recruiters made it so much fun it didn't seem to be a real interview. The interview took about an hour still I didn't want to walk out the room. A great experience!

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Fist interview was by HR with get to know you questions. Then hiring manager. More of get to know you questions with some technical questions also thrown in the mix