Nielsen Senior Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Screen (typical)
2. Analytics test - math word problems, ten questions, takes about an hour if I remember correctly. The math is high school level probability and stats, but they're mostly testing your ability to approach the problem correctly, from an analytic standpoint
3. Phone screen with hiring manager
4. 4-hour on-site interview with hiring manager, and three senior management, separately. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature and a few "what-if" scenarios, but not really case interview type questions. I also had a few math riddles.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but unexpected, I just asked for a second to think about it and then gave my answer: You have 9 pool balls and a balance with two opportunities to use the balance. All of the balls weigh the same except one, how do you figure out which one?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online, and I got an email for the recruiter. I told them in very first interview that I will be needing visa sponsorship. They proceeded with 4 rounds and then told me that Senior analyst position doesn't qualify for visa sponsorship. My 4 rounds included- One phone interview, one online test of 75 minutes, and 2 phone interviews. Last round was supposed to be an in-person interview with Senior VP.
    Overall my experience was very frustrating.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Initial 10 min phone screening with HR
    2. Analytical test
    3. In person 1 hour HR interview
    4. Final round of case study and interview with 3 hiring managers

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The hiring process started with an application which then was followed up by an analytical online test which wasn't too difficult. I then had multiple phone interviews with VP's and Client Managers. A month or two later, I received a phone call asking me to fly out to the location to interview. All three interviews were pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. As long as you prepare well and are a polished interviewer you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no room to negotiate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

was invited for a skill/analytical test which consisted of 15 quantative analysis questions...like GMAT and 1 caselet to anlyze and a letter to draft for the CEO with recommendations

Interview Questions

• how does your lack of retail/market research experience make you a suitable candidate for the job   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2011.

Interview

A competency-based approach in human resources was followed in the selection and hiring process. The Interview panel used behavioral questions and screening tools to assess my competency in critical areas.
    The interview was used to evaluate my academic and work experiences, especially those involving intelligence, technology, area studies, and other critical skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate the current business scenario to impact tomorrow processes   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

It was pathetically managed. As if the HR didnt care much...

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Division - CPG, Custom Analytics in Wilton, CT.

Applied through the site, initial phone interview with HR, second phone interview with someone from Wilton, had to go to a Nielsen facility to take a written test simple, about 2 hours long regarding general business, average math, and marketing questions with a written essay piece). Invited to on-site interview with 3 people of senior standing and lunch with someone of similar standing to position in question.

Offer made three days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sector/market that you are interested in and how competitors try to compete in that sector.   1 Answer

Pay way too low and didn't like the sleepy suburban location and not sure if i wanted a career path in marketing/CPG. If someone is interested in marketing and CPG, this would probably be a good entry level position for a few years. casual/jeans dress code (5x/week) and office decor were positives.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I just got to the phone interview and was greeted by the message that they already filled the position, but wanted me to be considered for the future.

All the questions were just for the information purposes: How many years of experience I have, can I work in U.S. Took about 5 min.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online. The process depends on every local office. I first interviewed with Beijing, then had a surprise behavioral interview with another location within China and finally a case interview with that same office. For the business case you need to be fast and have business & marketing acumen.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of details of my previous projects. Mostly based on data analysis, findings and issues that I had found.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still negotiating