Nielsen Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Screening interview, in person interview with assessment and math skills, interview with hiring manager. In the screening interview they asked me to describe the work I've done? .... I gave lots of examples of research projects relevant to the position and with a variety of methodologies. We also discussed comfort with technology and media. Nielsen has slightly reorganized their internal teams to better accommodate the multi-screen interactive world that we now live in. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. Describe your comfort level working with clients and developing proposals and surveys... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the work you've done? .... Give examples of work. ... Describe experience working with and managing teams. ... Overview of Nielsen and the hiring process... next steps.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

I applied online a few weeks ago and I have been contacted by a recruiter for a first interviw. It was nice and pretty simple, but you have to be prepared to unswer the usual questions as "what would be your dream job?". I am waiting for my newt interview with the team manager which was scheduled right after the same week. Will keep you posted on the next steps.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2010.

intial steps are very fast but on later stages it becomes very slow & lethargic and very uncertain steps on their side i feel their HR department was very confused about their own procedure

Interview Questions
    • tell the expected no. of international flights from delhi airport with a logic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in July 2013.

Through a referral, a recruiter contacted me via email for a phone interview. Phone interview was easy, about 20 minutes discussing my background and the role. A couple days later they scheduled an on-site interview, which took about 2 hours (met with the VP and director of the department), a couple days later I was scheduled for a assessment test (not a big statistics person, so I practiced for this...about 8 tricky probability questions and 2 case studies). Then, met with COO of department and another HR specialist. Was offered the position a day later.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of the questions seemed to be gauging my personality.   Answer Question
    Fortunately, the salary they offered was higher than what I was receiving at my previous job, but after inquiring anyways, they said it was at the highest tier the position could offer.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Still going through the process. Only downside is sometimes difficult to schedule interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2011.

Was interviewed by three people. The process was somewhat haphazard.

Interview Questions
    • How can you help fix the challenges we face...
      I was not aware of the specific challenges since they were not able to share.

View Answer

Decided to stay at the current position and heard that there were many changes that were taking place there.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen.

Phone interview then analytical test: 10 Math and 2 case study Q's

Interview Questions
    • 100 people were polled about reading 2 newspapers. Of that, 70 people read paper A, 40 read paper B and 20 didn't read either.

a. How many people read paper A only
      b. How many people read paper B only
      c. How many people read at least 1 paper (A or B)

View Answers (2)

Senior Research Analyst Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in April 2010.

The process consisted of a phone interview which was pretty standard, followed by an analytical assessment. This assessment was mainly business math word problems and a few writing samples. The math itself wasn't very difficult but it is more about the process of working through the problems. The formal in person interview was 2 one hour interviews with various other employees and a lunch with another employee. The lunch was very informal and allowed me the opportunity to see an employees personality. Overall, a great experience. I have not begun working yet, so I don't know very much about the day to day, but I am looking forward to it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about how I would go about launching a product. It was an exercise in problem solving.   Answer Question