Nigel Frank International

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

A recruiter contacted me and spoke to me briefly about the position and my interests. The second interview was in person and I was interviewed by two managers and had to try to sell The second one a pen. After completing this I went on to the third round where I did a PowerPoint presentation discussing myself as well as the company. After this they expected me to know information and kept pushing me to get the answers which was a bit uncomfortable being I didn't know them. I was under the impression that the training program would inform me and actually teach me the process instead of being put on the spot about a Microsoft technology and every way to sell it which I didn't know about. I then did a sales pitch that went well. After they said to call them in a few minutes and I'd have an answer. They didn't call and inform me I had to call and then they told me it was a no the following day.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

1st interview was a typical phone interview trying to get to know who you are and your motivations for wanting to join.

2nd interview was in person with a Team Leader looking to fill a spot on their team. Went over resume, learned more about the company and the team dynamic, had to do a role-play where you had to sell the TL a pen. They give you the structure of a sales call, so don't be too scared if it's your first time. Definitely do some research on how to sell a pen. Take heed of the feedback you're given!

3rd interview (toughest phase of the interview process, )consisted of a 10 min presentation to the Director and another TL who is also looking to fill another position on their team, and another role-play. They will grill you on EVERYTHING: on your presentation, resume, etc. so be prepared!

Overall, really positive experience. They give you a realistic idea of what's expected of you if you're brought on, and they give you plenty of feedback during your interview. They also let you speak with other team members for feedback and advice, which I thought was A++!!

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

The interview process for being placed by Nigel Frank at a client is Dodgy at best. The recruiters know little to nothing of what the are looking for in todays tech world. Just resume readers and they work like they are trying to get you to close on a house. If you give them an hourly consulting rate range they will go with the lowest end and insist that you sign the contract that is totally in their favor right away.
    They also ask for a copy of your passport. Please do NOT give this to any recruiting company. That data is not kept secure. I have done projects for other companies and it's the same there. Lots of unprotected radio active data.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sign the contract by the end of the day, when you just started reading this.
      I've been a consultant for over 15 years and I never have to go through this process. Silly and old school.

View Answer

The contract terms are low ball and all in their favor. Lots of legal bluster to intimidate a possible hire. Hey, I have contracts for my company too and I don't do this kind of stuff.

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Submitted resume online, did not hear back for a couple weeks, got a phone call that turned into a mini interview and lasted for about 20 minutes, then went in for a group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2014.

I applied for their "recruitment consultant" position and made it through the interviews.

Step 1: The first interview is just over the phone and lasts about 15 minutes. The recruiter wants to know why you want to work in sales, and your basic pre-screening questions. Make sure you tell him/her how you are interested in a REWARDING role. The more you show your motivation for $, the more likely you'll get called in.

Step 2:
    This part consisted of coming in for an interview. You will meet with a team leader who is trying to fill a position in his/her team. They will ask you some basic questions and let you know about their experience there, etc. For the second part, you will meet with one of the managers who will be thorough with your resume and will ask you to sell a pen. He will give you some parameters and even tell you the steps of selling, but make sure you research this before you walk in. He will ask you to do it a few times, each time giving you constructive criticism to see if you can improve with his feedback.

Step 3:
    If you are lucky enough to pass step 2, you will get called in for a final interview. Here you will give a 10 minute presentation to 2 managers about why you are the perfect person for the role. They want to see your public speaking skills and for you to show how badly you want the job. After your presentation, they will grill you on your resume and what you want. For example: if you say you want to work for an international company, they will respond with "Nigel Frank is international but the work you'd be doing here wouldn't be." They're trying to make sure you don't trip over your words and that you show you really want to be there.

The most important part of this entire thing, is you have to show you're money hungry!!! They do not want to bring someone in who's not 100% motivated by money. If you state that your parents have good jobs or that you have any sort of financial security, you are out.

They are pretty straight forward that you will be working 12-14hr days and that it's hard work, but it's worth it if you want to bring in 100k+.

So my biggest advice to you is show your potential for sales, but most importantly talk about how money motivates you!

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International in May 2014.

Met with two people. Waited a while to be seen. The first person I met with went quick the second took more time. After that it was over and they called me the next morning notifying me they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about customer relations within the microsoft field knowing it was an entry level job and no experience in this field.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

1st Step is about 20 minute phone interview just to check out to see if it is a fit. 2nd step is an in person interview that was pretty standard sales interview (why do you want to be in sales/what would make you good at it)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

3 Step Process. 1st Step - feel you out. Understand what you can or can't do. 2nd - See if there's improvement from 1st Interview. They play a sales game in which you need to show some sale abilities. 3rd - Show those abilities again to more senior managers.

Interview Questions
    If you want this job, you're basically handing them your ass. There's not much to not like in the offer but no room for negotiation. Don't accept if you have a busy home life or want time off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International in December 2013.

Initial meeting- gives overview of company to group, followed by group interview
    narrowed to individual asked to sell pen to HM. Brought back for follow up and was asked to make a presentation of why I was the right person for the job,

no negotiation Commision based salary

Trainee Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

1st interview via phone, bring you on-site to sell a pen to a manager, come back and do a power point presentation for the director