Nigel Frank International

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

The initial contact/phone process was on par with everything I have experienced this far.

There were two in-office interviews. Round one was a bit cold, but short and more like a meet and greet. Round two was several days later, intense question, role play, and sat with 3 people in the office in 40mins.

While not every position and candidate are a match, even at a recruitment firm...a simple followup and/or returned attempts at contact went totally unheeded. All I can say is. "Poor form"!

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about Nigel Frank   Answer Question
    • lets roleplay....Good explanation of their sales approach (hardcore, hard-sell was clearly defined d), little to no setup time (fine)....limited useful feedback   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Wanted to resubmit me to a job posting I already applied to directly, refused to even state the company name but I disclosed all the companies I'd applied for. Still Persisted wanting to resubmit me depending on my experience (already had my resume), and salary requirements (wanted to negotiate me lower). Stated the actual job (their client like they had an exclusive to hire relationship, also refused to validate) called stating they found it extremely difficult to find qualified applicants (lies).

Interview Questions
    • when can I call to renegotiate your salary for a position you've already applied for and gave your resume to so it can be reviewed as fresh. right!   View Answer
    • know anyone else I can submit in competition with you at a lower salary rate   View Answer

Because they would resubmit me, disqualify me, and then resubmit other less qualified peeps

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

3 Steps

1. Within hours of applying, I received a phone call that turned into a mini phone interview.
    2. 1-on-1 interview with a VP in the office.
    3. In person interview.

The questions asked were very straightforward. I was NOT asked to sell a pen. I interviewed in SF.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions were very standard. Be prepared to answer questions such as "tell me about Nigel Frank International"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nigel Frank International in January 2015.

The first interview was a phone call that lasted about 10-15 minutes and was fairly basic, simple questioning. The second interview I meet with 2 team leaders and talked about my resume and myself (all they care about is being money hungry so stress that about yourself). I did a role-play with the second team leader on how to sell a pen. After leaving this interview I was very happy with the company. The third interview was similar to the second however I needed to do a 10 minute presentation. In addition I also meet with 3 new managers during third interview. The third interview was where red flags started appearing. They grilled me way to hard and long on other jobs I was applying for ( I am a recent college grad so naturally I am applying elsewhere). After a while of questioning I decided to just tell them some info because I could tell that was the only way to advance the conversation. After the interview concluded I was asked (as everyone is) to call them back to "go over the interview process". When I called back I was asked about 2-3 questions about their interview + their company, than we talked for another 15 additional minutes about the other companies that I applied to. They asked virtually everything, how much they would be paying you, where they are located, where the training is, what is the compensation structure, what are the hours, do I know anyone there, how did the first interview go with them, and multiple other questions. This came across as extremely unprofessional, shady, desperate, and threatened. They told me that I would find out later that day if i got the job offer, soon after they rescheduled the phone call to the next morning, so surely they would have a decision. When I called them the next morning they "couldn't come to a decision yet" until after my interview with other companies concluded. I was actually told to call them back after my interview with other companies to go over it with them. This is beyond unprofessional and raises HUGE red flags that they are trying to lowball you and are more concerned about you finding other opportunities than promoting themselves. If there is nothing to hide they would not be so concerned with other companies. Overall the people are nice, young, energetic, and they seem to have a fun atmosphere however in total I spoke about my OTHER job offers/ interviews for well over an hour with them. Something about that is not right, if they are a good company they should not be worried about my personal business and other companies nearly as much as they are. My suggestion to a recent college graduate would be to talk to someone with business experience about the unprofessionalism of asking you about other interviews. To me it seemed natural when they simply asked if i had any other interviews, seemed like no big deal but i was wrong. I was warned that this was a terrible sign and did not listen. Unfortunately, after I told them about any other interviews our dialog switched from about myself and their companies to how my other interviews are going and how they compare to Nigel Frank. Another huge red flag is that they will only offer you the job if you verbally accept before they actually offer it to you, the person will say they need to talk to hiring managers to be sure if they want you and they will tell you strait up "you have a much better chance if you give us your verbal acceptance". Again, I want to stress that the people are nice and it was a good experience however I was very worried about the multiple red flags that came up and the fact that they want you to drop everything for them. I can only imagine the turnover rate because they try to make you accept the position without getting knowledge of any other company. I got the job but needed to deny it because it was just to sketchy. Another minor concern was they were never on time, if they say they will call you at 5 expect a call around 7:30. P.S the glass-door rating on this company jumped from 3.7 to 2.3 to 3.4 down to 2.7 back up to 3.9 all within the 2 weeks I was looking, something tells me that's not natural.

Interview Questions
    • All questions unrelated to Nigel Frank such as "how much will the other companies your interviewing with pay you?" and "what makes them better than us and visa versa". Also hard to answer the question "so do we have your verbal acceptance to take this position if my hiring managers decide they wanted you" before they even offer you a position.   View Answer

Way to sketchy and unprofessional.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International in December 2014.

Had a phone interview first - pretty short and sweet. Came in and met with two of the managers, spent about 30-45 minutes total. No crazy questions the first time, just a run-down of the job and going through your resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

A recruiter contacted me and spoke to me briefly about the position and my interests. The second interview was in person and I was interviewed by two managers and had to try to sell The second one a pen. After completing this I went on to the third round where I did a PowerPoint presentation discussing myself as well as the company. After this they expected me to know information and kept pushing me to get the answers which was a bit uncomfortable being I didn't know them. I was under the impression that the training program would inform me and actually teach me the process instead of being put on the spot about a Microsoft technology and every way to sell it which I didn't know about. I then did a sales pitch that went well. After they said to call them in a few minutes and I'd have an answer. They didn't call and inform me I had to call and then they told me it was a no the following day.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

1st interview was a typical phone interview trying to get to know who you are and your motivations for wanting to join.

2nd interview was in person with a Team Leader looking to fill a spot on their team. Went over resume, learned more about the company and the team dynamic, had to do a role-play where you had to sell the TL a pen. They give you the structure of a sales call, so don't be too scared if it's your first time. Definitely do some research on how to sell a pen. Take heed of the feedback you're given!

3rd interview (toughest phase of the interview process, )consisted of a 10 min presentation to the Director and another TL who is also looking to fill another position on their team, and another role-play. They will grill you on EVERYTHING: on your presentation, resume, etc. so be prepared!

Overall, really positive experience. They give you a realistic idea of what's expected of you if you're brought on, and they give you plenty of feedback during your interview. They also let you speak with other team members for feedback and advice, which I thought was A++!!

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International.

The interview process for being placed by Nigel Frank at a client is Dodgy at best. The recruiters know little to nothing of what the are looking for in todays tech world. Just resume readers and they work like they are trying to get you to close on a house. If you give them an hourly consulting rate range they will go with the lowest end and insist that you sign the contract that is totally in their favor right away.
    They also ask for a copy of your passport. Please do NOT give this to any recruiting company. That data is not kept secure. I have done projects for other companies and it's the same there. Lots of unprotected radio active data.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sign the contract by the end of the day, when you just started reading this.
      I've been a consultant for over 15 years and I never have to go through this process. Silly and old school.

View Answer

The contract terms are low ball and all in their favor. Lots of legal bluster to intimidate a possible hire. Hey, I have contracts for my company too and I don't do this kind of stuff.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Submitted resume online, did not hear back for a couple weeks, got a phone call that turned into a mini interview and lasted for about 20 minutes, then went in for a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2014.

I applied for their "recruitment consultant" position and made it through the interviews.

Step 1: The first interview is just over the phone and lasts about 15 minutes. The recruiter wants to know why you want to work in sales, and your basic pre-screening questions. Make sure you tell him/her how you are interested in a REWARDING role. The more you show your motivation for $, the more likely you'll get called in.

Step 2:
    This part consisted of coming in for an interview. You will meet with a team leader who is trying to fill a position in his/her team. They will ask you some basic questions and let you know about their experience there, etc. For the second part, you will meet with one of the managers who will be thorough with your resume and will ask you to sell a pen. He will give you some parameters and even tell you the steps of selling, but make sure you research this before you walk in. He will ask you to do it a few times, each time giving you constructive criticism to see if you can improve with his feedback.

Step 3:
    If you are lucky enough to pass step 2, you will get called in for a final interview. Here you will give a 10 minute presentation to 2 managers about why you are the perfect person for the role. They want to see your public speaking skills and for you to show how badly you want the job. After your presentation, they will grill you on your resume and what you want. For example: if you say you want to work for an international company, they will respond with "Nigel Frank is international but the work you'd be doing here wouldn't be." They're trying to make sure you don't trip over your words and that you show you really want to be there.

The most important part of this entire thing, is you have to show you're money hungry!!! They do not want to bring someone in who's not 100% motivated by money. If you state that your parents have good jobs or that you have any sort of financial security, you are out.

They are pretty straight forward that you will be working 12-14hr days and that it's hard work, but it's worth it if you want to bring in 100k+.

So my biggest advice to you is show your potential for sales, but most importantly talk about how money motivates you!