Nigel Frank International

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for their "recruitment consultant" position and made it through the interviews.

Step 1: The first interview is just over the phone and lasts about 15 minutes. The recruiter wants to know why you want to work in sales, and your basic pre-screening questions. Make sure you tell him/her how you are interested in a REWARDING role. The more you show your motivation for $, the more likely you'll get called in.

Step 2:
This part consisted of coming in for an interview. You will meet with a team leader who is trying to fill a position in his/her team. They will ask you some basic questions and let you know about their experience there, etc. For the second part, you will meet with one of the managers who will be thorough with your resume and will ask you to sell a pen. He will give you some parameters and even tell you the steps of selling, but make sure you research this before you walk in. He will ask you to do it a few times, each time giving you constructive criticism to see if you can improve with his feedback.

Step 3:
If you are lucky enough to pass step 2, you will get called in for a final interview. Here you will give a 10 minute presentation to 2 managers about why you are the perfect person for the role. They want to see your public speaking skills and for you to show how badly you want the job. After your presentation, they will grill you on your resume and what you want. For example: if you say you want to work for an international company, they will respond with "Nigel Frank is international but the work you'd be doing here wouldn't be." They're trying to make sure you don't trip over your words and that you show you really want to be there.

The most important part of this entire thing, is you have to show you're money hungry!!! They do not want to bring someone in who's not 100% motivated by money. If you state that your parents have good jobs or that you have any sort of financial security, you are out.

They are pretty straight forward that you will be working 12-14hr days and that it's hard work, but it's worth it if you want to bring in 100k+.

So my biggest advice to you is show your potential for sales, but most importantly talk about how money motivates you!

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial meeting- gives overview of company to group, followed by group interview
narrowed to individual asked to sell pen to HM. Brought back for follow up and was asked to make a presentation of why I was the right person for the job,

Negotiation Details – no negotiation Commision based salary

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – The interview process for being placed by Nigel Frank at a client is Dodgy at best. The recruiters know little to nothing of what the are looking for in todays tech world. Just resume readers and they work like they are trying to get you to close on a house. If you give them an hourly consulting rate range they will go with the lowest end and insist that you sign the contract that is totally in their favor right away.
They also ask for a copy of your passport. Please do NOT give this to any recruiting company. That data is not kept secure. I have done projects for other companies and it's the same there. Lots of unprotected radio active data.

Interview Question – Can you sign the contract by the end of the day, when you just started reading this.
I've been a consultant for over 15 years and I never have to go through this process. Silly and old school.
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – The contract terms are low ball and all in their favor. Lots of legal bluster to intimidate a possible hire. Hey, I have contracts for my company too and I don't do this kind of stuff.

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, did not hear back for a couple weeks, got a phone call that turned into a mini interview and lasted for about 20 minutes, then went in for a group interview.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 1st Step is about 20 minute phone interview just to check out to see if it is a fit. 2nd step is an in person interview that was pretty standard sales interview (why do you want to be in sales/what would make you good at it)

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 3 Step Process. 1st Step - feel you out. Understand what you can or can't do. 2nd - See if there's improvement from 1st Interview. They play a sales game in which you need to show some sale abilities. 3rd - Show those abilities again to more senior managers.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you want this job, you're basically handing them your ass. There's not much to not like in the offer but no room for negotiation. Don't accept if you have a busy home life or want time off.

Trainee Consultant Interview

Trainee Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 1st interview via phone, bring you on-site to sell a pen to a manager, come back and do a power point presentation for the director

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call to interview the next day.

I met with the Vice President and she was extremely friendly. The interview is informally styled to provide comfort to the interviewee. She asked me what I knew about the company and the position, analytical questions, and situational questions.

Interview Question – What has been your greatest challenge to date and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewer told me that there would be zero chance of a full-time position following the internship. Additionally, after she explained the position, it seemed more data entry heavy than business development related.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in February 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, great interview process with a growing company. I applied via craigslist and was immediately contacted the next day. The recruiter was excitable as was the team she was working with. (someone got a sale and everyone was cheering - in the middle of our phone interview) This gave me a good impression about the company culture.

Then, I scheduled an in person interview. I meet with the VP of the West Coast region. Very straight-forward interview process, current team members seemed nice. Make sure you know how to sell a pen. He'll give you the parameters but I would look up "how to sell a pen" on the internet and follow their process.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was not the right fit for me and what I wanted to do in my career.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Nigel Frank shortly after submitting my resume through Career Builder. The initial phone interview was 20 mins long. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next day. I met with two managers who seemed very passionate about their job and excited to meet with me. They ask a lot of detailed questions about hard work and past success. I was not asked to return for a final interview, but it was a great learning experience. I was given constructive feedback from the recruiter on how to improve my interviewing skills for future opportunities. It is definitely a great company and opportunity for those who do get the position. I have referred a few friends and wish them luck!

Interview Question – Explain an achievement that required a lot of time and effort and what you did to reach it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nigel Frank International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nigel Frank International interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nigel Frank International employees and interview candidates.