Nigel Frank International

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 1st Step is about 20 minute phone interview just to check out to see if it is a fit. 2nd step is an in person interview that was pretty standard sales interview (why do you want to be in sales/what would make you good at it)

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 3 Step Process. 1st Step - feel you out. Understand what you can or can't do. 2nd - See if there's improvement from 1st Interview. They play a sales game in which you need to show some sale abilities. 3rd - Show those abilities again to more senior managers.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you want this job, you're basically handing them your ass. There's not much to not like in the offer but no room for negotiation. Don't accept if you have a busy home life or want time off.

Trainee Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 1st interview via phone, bring you on-site to sell a pen to a manager, come back and do a power point presentation for the director

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call to interview the next day.

I met with the Vice President and she was extremely friendly. The interview is informally styled to provide comfort to the interviewee. She asked me what I knew about the company and the position, analytical questions, and situational questions.

Interview Question – What has been your greatest challenge to date and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewer told me that there would be zero chance of a full-time position following the internship. Additionally, after she explained the position, it seemed more data entry heavy than business development related.

Recruitment Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in February 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, great interview process with a growing company. I applied via craigslist and was immediately contacted the next day. The recruiter was excitable as was the team she was working with. (someone got a sale and everyone was cheering - in the middle of our phone interview) This gave me a good impression about the company culture.

Then, I scheduled an in person interview. I meet with the VP of the West Coast region. Very straight-forward interview process, current team members seemed nice. Make sure you know how to sell a pen. He'll give you the parameters but I would look up "how to sell a pen" on the internet and follow their process.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was not the right fit for me and what I wanted to do in my career.

Trainee Recruitment Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Nigel Frank shortly after submitting my resume through Career Builder. The initial phone interview was 20 mins long. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next day. I met with two managers who seemed very passionate about their job and excited to meet with me. They ask a lot of detailed questions about hard work and past success. I was not asked to return for a final interview, but it was a great learning experience. I was given constructive feedback from the recruiter on how to improve my interviewing skills for future opportunities. It is definitely a great company and opportunity for those who do get the position. I have referred a few friends and wish them luck!

Interview Question – Explain an achievement that required a lot of time and effort and what you did to reach it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in July 2012.

Interview Details – The people seem nice. The process seemed to be geared toward filling the seats with cold callers. One aspect that was encouraging was the fact that they are expanding. They also have a fair balance of salary/commission. A disappointing factor was that the main manager did not seem to make the interview a priority, and left me in a room for fifteen minutes with nothing to do but wait- which was made awkward by the fact that the room is visible to all employees of the company.

Interview Question – What is an example of a way you have stayed positive in a general situation.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process was three interviews in seven days, so they're very respectful of your time job hunting. I initially applied online and was contacted quickly by an internal recruiter. 10-15 minute low pressure phone screening, then scheduling an in person interview.

The second interview is with a Team Leader who's currently filling a spot on their team, so it's personable and making sure you're someone they would like to work with and a good fit, followed by a sales role-play (Selling pens, B2B not B2C). We went through it twice to comb over mistakes, I don't know if that's protocol (Is the candidate coachable or stubborn?) or the TL had time to give more practice (role-play comes up again in the final interview). Ran about an hour and 15 minutes. Another TL will talk to you for additional 15-20 minutes, maybe for reassurance or maybe to see if you'd be a fit on their team too. By the end of the day they'll have a decision on a final interview.

The final interview starts with a 10 minute PP presentation to the TL you interviewed with and the Director. Very simple. In the interview, the Director talks to you on your level, but he will grill you on one or two things from your resume or presentation. Don't take it personal, he's testing how you handle rejection or criticism. There's another role-play, but I won't give away details as it'd compromise the interview process. There are hints during the process how to find out what it's about, so you'll either walk in that day with inside information or be on the spot again. They give you complete positive and negative feedback at the end about your presentation, interview, and role-play, which is pure class...no employer is required to do that. Runs an hour and a half, decision made the next morning.

It was tough and tests you (at least, tough for an entry level recruiting role, but it's not tough like you're applying for a Big 4 Investment Bank), but it clearly shows they value their employees. if you can't take criticism or handle pressure, stop applying to sales jobs. In contrast to the last review, sales jobs who hire you based solely on an hour personality interview or two are just putting bodies in seats.

Interview Question – Why would you apply here and not (competitor)? But why? But why?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in January 2012.

Interview Details – Their office reminded me of a Boiler Room, with recruiters sitting at a desk that is about 2 feet wide and a computer in front of them. Looked like everyone was a bunch of 20 somethings and this office probably has a high turnover rate. They claim they are making hundreds of thousands per year, but from the looks of things in the office I highly doubt that, especially looking at the way the conduct business and their interview process, just looks like a high turnover rate and burnout quickly. They recruit for a sector of Microsoft that no one has ever heard of. Unless you are right out of college and nieve to the rest of the world, I would stay away. If you are looking for a career as a recruiter this is not the place for you. I would not consider anyone at this place a recruiter, as they just burn up the telephone all day with no relationship building skills or true headhunting. Any place that makes you sell them a pen at an interview is not worth your time.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – Firstly you`ll be contacted by an internal recruiter by email/linkedin. Then, you`ll have a +/- 30 minutes phone interview with these (Jenna/Ramona). These are quite warm conversations whereby they`ll ask some overall questions about your personal motivations/background etc. Nigel Frank International struggles finding new (mainly multi-lingual) employees and has a high staff turnover; therefore they won`t be to hard on anyone during these stages. They will do everything to motivate and inspire you at this point. Then you`ll be invited for another phone interview with the manager of a certain business unit. These are typically low entry phone calls as well; as you`ll be speaking to a salesmen rather than manager. Next stage will be an interview with the local + line manager; conducted face-to-face or by Skype. Typically these interviews are a bit more intense whereby they will asses if you have got what it takes to handle a high-presure / sales driven environment. Last stage is a call with Phil or Nigel; they make it seem like a big deal, but really it isn`t. Both are good and friendly lads and play no part in the decision if you`ll get hired or not.

Interview Question – Any sales experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for relocation fee; I got 1000 euros cash.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nigel Frank International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nigel Frank International interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nigel Frank International employees and interview candidates.