Nigel Frank International Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 30, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted the same day which turned into a phone interview. Upon the phone interview I was scheduled for an in-person interview in premise at the NYC office. I was very intrigued by the company being raned the #1 place in NYC to work for a small to medium sized company. The first gentleman to interview me jumped right into questioning about what I knew about the company. No hello or caring to learn about who I might be. He also seemed very uninterested, with what I had to say, despite the fact that I had done my research and studied, which is all part of the game they play. Then after he gave me some insight as to what goes on in the office, another gentleman, who was the total opposite of the initial interviewer, we'll call him Joe-cool, came to conduct another interview segment. He was easy to talk to, genuine and an over all good dude I would enjoy working with. He ask me to sell him a pen and gave me some great feed back. I was then scheduled for a final interview the following day and had to prepare a PowerPoint for Joe-cool and another nice guy as well, which was pretty interesting. Both of them were great. They gave me great feed back on my presentation and how the company actually does business and how the recruiters place people. It was refreshing compared to the previous day. Unfortunately, the Company wanted to know about how I was going to be spending my money and where I would be spending it, along with where I would be living. Keep in mind I flew out from across the country and was staying with family and that seemed to be an issue that I wasn't currently living in the city. Once I figured out that the company forces it's employees to live a certain type of lifestyle in order to obtain the position I became sleptical. By having people live in the city they create a demand for them to always be at work and the employee must preform or they'll ultimately lose their apartment because they won't be able to afford it once they've been let go. They're looking for very money hungry, when a shark smells blood, type of attitude. I think it's a great mind set to have if there's a little more of a sense of job security. Ultimately I decided to look for a different position else where.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen over the phone.

Imagine you had a $25k check. How would you spend it.

Why sales? Why Nigel frank?

Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed back to back by two different sales managers. In both interviews, it seemed as though they were both playing bad cop--it was difficult to establish rapport. Each interview lasted about fifteen minutes, and they mainly stuck to the script.

Being interviewed by non-HR people is very interesting. I don't believe their sales team was very good at judging my talent for the position. They focused a lot on my previous sales position. They didn't seem to understand that even though the sales cycle was longer, I could still make sales with shorter sales cycles.

Interview Questions

• "Where else are you applying?"   1 Answer
    • "What firms are you applying at?"   1 Answer

Sales and Recruitment Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Intense process, be prepared to answer the same questions many different times, from the phone screen to the two manager in person interview process. While the entire process from screen to interview is quick, they ask you a lot of different questions that will gauge whether you are the right fit for the company or not. Be ready to prove that you're all about the money and have experience closing sales.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you've done that was purely about making more money?
      How much do you expect to make here your first year and why?
      I'm leaving the good ones out intentionally, it's meant to surprise you so be ready.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call that lasted about 10-15 minutes and was fairly basic, simple questioning. The second interview I meet with 2 team leaders and talked about my resume and myself (all they care about is being money hungry so stress that about yourself). I did a role-play with the second team leader on how to sell a pen. After leaving this interview I was very happy with the company. The third interview was similar to the second however I needed to do a 10 minute presentation. In addition I also meet with 3 new managers during third interview. The third interview was where red flags started appearing. They grilled me way to hard and long on other jobs I was applying for ( I am a recent college grad so naturally I am applying elsewhere). After a while of questioning I decided to just tell them some info because I could tell that was the only way to advance the conversation. After the interview concluded I was asked (as everyone is) to call them back to "go over the interview process". When I called back I was asked about 2-3 questions about their interview + their company, than we talked for another 15 additional minutes about the other companies that I applied to. They asked virtually everything, how much they would be paying you, where they are located, where the training is, what is the compensation structure, what are the hours, do I know anyone there, how did the first interview go with them, and multiple other questions. This came across as extremely unprofessional, shady, desperate, and threatened. They told me that I would find out later that day if i got the job offer, soon after they rescheduled the phone call to the next morning, so surely they would have a decision. When I called them the next morning they "couldn't come to a decision yet" until after my interview with other companies concluded. I was actually told to call them back after my interview with other companies to go over it with them. This is beyond unprofessional and raises HUGE red flags that they are trying to lowball you and are more concerned about you finding other opportunities than promoting themselves. If there is nothing to hide they would not be so concerned with other companies. Overall the people are nice, young, energetic, and they seem to have a fun atmosphere however in total I spoke about my OTHER job offers/ interviews for well over an hour with them. Something about that is not right, if they are a good company they should not be worried about my personal business and other companies nearly as much as they are. My suggestion to a recent college graduate would be to talk to someone with business experience about the unprofessionalism of asking you about other interviews. To me it seemed natural when they simply asked if i had any other interviews, seemed like no big deal but i was wrong. I was warned that this was a terrible sign and did not listen. Unfortunately, after I told them about any other interviews our dialog switched from about myself and their companies to how my other interviews are going and how they compare to Nigel Frank. Another huge red flag is that they will only offer you the job if you verbally accept before they actually offer it to you, the person will say they need to talk to hiring managers to be sure if they want you and they will tell you strait up "you have a much better chance if you give us your verbal acceptance". Again, I want to stress that the people are nice and it was a good experience however I was very worried about the multiple red flags that came up and the fact that they want you to drop everything for them. I can only imagine the turnover rate because they try to make you accept the position without getting knowledge of any other company. I got the job but needed to deny it because it was just to sketchy. Another minor concern was they were never on time, if they say they will call you at 5 expect a call around 7:30. P.S the glass-door rating on this company jumped from 3.7 to 2.3 to 3.4 down to 2.7 back up to 3.9 all within the 2 weeks I was looking, something tells me that's not natural.

Interview Questions

• All questions unrelated to Nigel Frank such as "how much will the other companies your interviewing with pay you?" and "what makes them better than us and visa versa". Also hard to answer the question "so do we have your verbal acceptance to take this position if my hiring managers decide they wanted you" before they even offer you a position.   1 Answer

Way to sketchy and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and spoke to me briefly about the position and my interests. The second interview was in person and I was interviewed by two managers and had to try to sell The second one a pen. After completing this I went on to the third round where I did a PowerPoint presentation discussing myself as well as the company. After this they expected me to know information and kept pushing me to get the answers which was a bit uncomfortable being I didn't know them. I was under the impression that the training program would inform me and actually teach me the process instead of being put on the spot about a Microsoft technology and every way to sell it which I didn't know about. I then did a sales pitch that went well. After they said to call them in a few minutes and I'd have an answer. They didn't call and inform me I had to call and then they told me it was a no the following day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume online, did not hear back for a couple weeks, got a phone call that turned into a mini interview and lasted for about 20 minutes, then went in for a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for their "recruitment consultant" position and made it through the interviews.

Step 1: The first interview is just over the phone and lasts about 15 minutes. The recruiter wants to know why you want to work in sales, and your basic pre-screening questions. Make sure you tell him/her how you are interested in a REWARDING role. The more you show your motivation for $, the more likely you'll get called in.

Step 2:
    This part consisted of coming in for an interview. You will meet with a team leader who is trying to fill a position in his/her team. They will ask you some basic questions and let you know about their experience there, etc. For the second part, you will meet with one of the managers who will be thorough with your resume and will ask you to sell a pen. He will give you some parameters and even tell you the steps of selling, but make sure you research this before you walk in. He will ask you to do it a few times, each time giving you constructive criticism to see if you can improve with his feedback.

Step 3:
    If you are lucky enough to pass step 2, you will get called in for a final interview. Here you will give a 10 minute presentation to 2 managers about why you are the perfect person for the role. They want to see your public speaking skills and for you to show how badly you want the job. After your presentation, they will grill you on your resume and what you want. For example: if you say you want to work for an international company, they will respond with "Nigel Frank is international but the work you'd be doing here wouldn't be." They're trying to make sure you don't trip over your words and that you show you really want to be there.

The most important part of this entire thing, is you have to show you're money hungry!!! They do not want to bring someone in who's not 100% motivated by money. If you state that your parents have good jobs or that you have any sort of financial security, you are out.

They are pretty straight forward that you will be working 12-14hr days and that it's hard work, but it's worth it if you want to bring in 100k+.

So my biggest advice to you is show your potential for sales, but most importantly talk about how money motivates you!

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with two people. Waited a while to be seen. The first person I met with went quick the second took more time. After that it was over and they called me the next morning notifying me they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about customer relations within the microsoft field knowing it was an entry level job and no experience in this field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY).

Interview

3 Step Process. 1st Step - feel you out. Understand what you can or can't do. 2nd - See if there's improvement from 1st Interview. They play a sales game in which you need to show some sale abilities. 3rd - Show those abilities again to more senior managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you want this job, you're basically handing them your ass. There's not much to not like in the offer but no room for negotiation. Don't accept if you have a busy home life or want time off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nigel Frank International (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting- gives overview of company to group, followed by group interview
    narrowed to individual asked to sell pen to HM. Brought back for follow up and was asked to make a presentation of why I was the right person for the job,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation Commision based salary