Nigel Frank International

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for their "recruitment consultant" position and made it through the interviews.

Step 1: The first interview is just over the phone and lasts about 15 minutes. The recruiter wants to know why you want to work in sales, and your basic pre-screening questions. Make sure you tell him/her how you are interested in a REWARDING role. The more you show your motivation for $, the more likely you'll get called in.

Step 2:
This part consisted of coming in for an interview. You will meet with a team leader who is trying to fill a position in his/her team. They will ask you some basic questions and let you know about their experience there, etc. For the second part, you will meet with one of the managers who will be thorough with your resume and will ask you to sell a pen. He will give you some parameters and even tell you the steps of selling, but make sure you research this before you walk in. He will ask you to do it a few times, each time giving you constructive criticism to see if you can improve with his feedback.

Step 3:
If you are lucky enough to pass step 2, you will get called in for a final interview. Here you will give a 10 minute presentation to 2 managers about why you are the perfect person for the role. They want to see your public speaking skills and for you to show how badly you want the job. After your presentation, they will grill you on your resume and what you want. For example: if you say you want to work for an international company, they will respond with "Nigel Frank is international but the work you'd be doing here wouldn't be." They're trying to make sure you don't trip over your words and that you show you really want to be there.

The most important part of this entire thing, is you have to show you're money hungry!!! They do not want to bring someone in who's not 100% motivated by money. If you state that your parents have good jobs or that you have any sort of financial security, you are out.

They are pretty straight forward that you will be working 12-14hr days and that it's hard work, but it's worth it if you want to bring in 100k+.

So my biggest advice to you is show your potential for sales, but most importantly talk about how money motivates you!

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial meeting- gives overview of company to group, followed by group interview
narrowed to individual asked to sell pen to HM. Brought back for follow up and was asked to make a presentation of why I was the right person for the job,

Negotiation Details – no negotiation Commision based salary

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, did not hear back for a couple weeks, got a phone call that turned into a mini interview and lasted for about 20 minutes, then went in for a group interview.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International.

Interview Details – 3 Step Process. 1st Step - feel you out. Understand what you can or can't do. 2nd - See if there's improvement from 1st Interview. They play a sales game in which you need to show some sale abilities. 3rd - Show those abilities again to more senior managers.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you want this job, you're basically handing them your ass. There's not much to not like in the offer but no room for negotiation. Don't accept if you have a busy home life or want time off.

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call to interview the next day.

I met with the Vice President and she was extremely friendly. The interview is informally styled to provide comfort to the interviewee. She asked me what I knew about the company and the position, analytical questions, and situational questions.

Interview Question – What has been your greatest challenge to date and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interviewer told me that there would be zero chance of a full-time position following the internship. Additionally, after she explained the position, it seemed more data entry heavy than business development related.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Nigel Frank shortly after submitting my resume through Career Builder. The initial phone interview was 20 mins long. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next day. I met with two managers who seemed very passionate about their job and excited to meet with me. They ask a lot of detailed questions about hard work and past success. I was not asked to return for a final interview, but it was a great learning experience. I was given constructive feedback from the recruiter on how to improve my interviewing skills for future opportunities. It is definitely a great company and opportunity for those who do get the position. I have referred a few friends and wish them luck!

Interview Question – Explain an achievement that required a lot of time and effort and what you did to reach it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in July 2012.

Interview Details – The people seem nice. The process seemed to be geared toward filling the seats with cold callers. One aspect that was encouraging was the fact that they are expanding. They also have a fair balance of salary/commission. A disappointing factor was that the main manager did not seem to make the interview a priority, and left me in a room for fifteen minutes with nothing to do but wait- which was made awkward by the fact that the room is visible to all employees of the company.

Interview Question – What is an example of a way you have stayed positive in a general situation.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process was three interviews in seven days, so they're very respectful of your time job hunting. I initially applied online and was contacted quickly by an internal recruiter. 10-15 minute low pressure phone screening, then scheduling an in person interview.

The second interview is with a Team Leader who's currently filling a spot on their team, so it's personable and making sure you're someone they would like to work with and a good fit, followed by a sales role-play (Selling pens, B2B not B2C). We went through it twice to comb over mistakes, I don't know if that's protocol (Is the candidate coachable or stubborn?) or the TL had time to give more practice (role-play comes up again in the final interview). Ran about an hour and 15 minutes. Another TL will talk to you for additional 15-20 minutes, maybe for reassurance or maybe to see if you'd be a fit on their team too. By the end of the day they'll have a decision on a final interview.

The final interview starts with a 10 minute PP presentation to the TL you interviewed with and the Director. Very simple. In the interview, the Director talks to you on your level, but he will grill you on one or two things from your resume or presentation. Don't take it personal, he's testing how you handle rejection or criticism. There's another role-play, but I won't give away details as it'd compromise the interview process. There are hints during the process how to find out what it's about, so you'll either walk in that day with inside information or be on the spot again. They give you complete positive and negative feedback at the end about your presentation, interview, and role-play, which is pure class...no employer is required to do that. Runs an hour and a half, decision made the next morning.

It was tough and tests you (at least, tough for an entry level recruiting role, but it's not tough like you're applying for a Big 4 Investment Bank), but it clearly shows they value their employees. if you can't take criticism or handle pressure, stop applying to sales jobs. In contrast to the last review, sales jobs who hire you based solely on an hour personality interview or two are just putting bodies in seats.

Interview Question – Why would you apply here and not (competitor)? But why? But why?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nigel Frank International in January 2012.

Interview Details – Their office reminded me of a Boiler Room, with recruiters sitting at a desk that is about 2 feet wide and a computer in front of them. Looked like everyone was a bunch of 20 somethings and this office probably has a high turnover rate. They claim they are making hundreds of thousands per year, but from the looks of things in the office I highly doubt that, especially looking at the way the conduct business and their interview process, just looks like a high turnover rate and burnout quickly. They recruit for a sector of Microsoft that no one has ever heard of. Unless you are right out of college and nieve to the rest of the world, I would stay away. If you are looking for a career as a recruiter this is not the place for you. I would not consider anyone at this place a recruiter, as they just burn up the telephone all day with no relationship building skills or true headhunting. Any place that makes you sell them a pen at an interview is not worth your time.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nigel Frank International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nigel Frank International interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nigel Frank International employees and interview candidates.