Nightingale Home Healthcare

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Clinical Services Interview

Taunton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone x 2 , then in person with current administrator at small taunton, MA office. I was promised a lot of support with orientation to their medical records system, but was not trained well. The culture is negative and too demanding of job

Interview Question – will you do whatever you need to do with the job? Will you work nights and weekends as well?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back and forth via telephone and internet....promised a lot..did not receive what I was promised in contract..told by administration when I got there that you NEVER receive the bonuses they promise you...

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative ) Interview

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative )

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare.

Interview Details – Total Waste of time. Showed up early for interview, completed electronic application and waited an hour before being interviewed for less than 5 minutes for a position that i didn't apply for and was extremely over qualified for. Recruiter was a box of rocks and pretty much asked me the same exact questions already answered on the application. She knew that I was over qualified and once she saw my salary requirements, why even prolong the conversation? She asked me about salary and then said"she had investigate deeper into what the salary for the position was" Seriously? I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to walk in and say you've been punked!

Interview Question – So, do you have any background flaws?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – didn't apply to be a telemarketing snoop

Office Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare.

Interview Details – Contacted by a corporate person, then met in person. She was unprofessionally dressed, didn't give me a chance to ask many questions and seemed distracted the entire time.
That should have been my first clue not to accept.

Interview Question – None, they were all run of the mill.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor, acted as if I said one number when it was another. That should have been clue number 2 to run!

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Nightingale after I posted my resume of Career Builder. The initial interview was good. I was contacted by the Area Manager via telephone and when we got to the subject of salary I told her my last job was 60k per year. She asked me if that was my base and I told her that it was. She told me that she wanted to table the conversation until they have a chance to talk to the other candidates. She never asked me if I would consider a package based on salary & bonus equal to or greater then 60k.

I was contacted by similar company and when they asked me what my salary expectation was I told them 60k plus a bonus program. They had no problem with that and offered a company car. The job was filled internally. My research suggest that sales position in the home care industry pay well. Dont' sell yourself short.

Interview Question – The last salary that I made.   Answer Question

Patient Advocate Interview

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in December 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with me sending a resume to the company via a Careerbuilder ad. I was contacted by an internal recruiter for the company and only spent about 15 minutes on the phone with her. The next morning I recieved an email from the Office Manager attempting to schedule an interview with the Area Manager. The interview with the Area Manager only lasted about a half an hour with her doing almost all of the talking. My Advice, just smile and nod and the job will be yours. Once she was finally done talking I tried to ask the standard questions like: How many reps have been in the area over the last 5 years? How has business been recently? Tell me about the health insurance? and she all of the sudden didnt want to talk anymore.

Reason for Declining – I decided to decline the company's offer because I didnt trust the situation. The commission structure seemed extremly sketchy, I could NEVER get a straight, honest answer out of the Area Manager trying to hire me, and most importantly... during my initial call with the recruiter in iterated my expectation of $60k base with commissions starting from there but the initial offer came in at $45k, then I was told she could get the President to do $50k but no more. The next time I spoke with her the offer dropped back down to $48k but she didnt mention that until I noticed it on the offer letter.

Might be a great company to work with/for but i declined the offer because of the trust issues.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Anchorage, AK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process included 2 different interviews and different people at each interview. The managers and people interviewing were pretty relaxed and laid back. The interview each took about 30 minutes to an hour to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, but the salary was set in stone.

Manager Interview

Savannah, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, having relevant experience for the position. I received a call the next day, and was asked a few basic questions about my experience and an appointment was set for a 1:1 interview the next day. In the first interview (HR) I was asked specific questions regarding industry terminology. Immediately after the HR interview, I was introduced and interviewed by the assistant manager and finally the owner. I was then offered a position. Everyone that I spoke with was very professional and polite.

Interview Question – What is a CMN?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary as I was leaving another company to join this one. They were very fair and understanding in the negotiation process. My advice would be to keep your request realistic and have a reason for why you deserve what you are asking for. Maturity and professionalism will go a long way.

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative ) Interview

Patient Advocate (Sales Representative )

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare.

Interview Details – Phone interview, reference check, 1 interview-hired

Interview Question – None. It was an awful interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really

Staffing Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nightingale Home Healthcare in July 2009.

Interview Details – very quick and not very through. 1:1 interview took about 15 mins and was offered the postion on the spot.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I named my compensation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nightingale Home Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nightingale Home Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nightingale Home Healthcare employees and interview candidates.