Nimble Storage

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.1

Advanced UI Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Was received in good manner. It slowly started off with asking technical questions in Java, algorithms. Not too difficult though. Questions included algorithms, complexity, java specific stuff.
    Sorted arrays, check if two rectangles overlap, patterns.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expect all questions to be in java when the position is UI   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Great process - but I already knew some of the team so I came based on my reputation and previous work
    This was 20 months ago - and wasn't a problem... but I'm sure not everyone has previous work experience with the hiring team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

Applied through the career fair on campus.
    Was asked to apply online.
    A week later asked to solve a programming question. Was not difficult just a simple oops concept.
    A week later onsite interview. There were 3 for 45 minutes each.
    The interviews were decent about my project.
    The people seemed chaotic in their own way. No idea which team or project I was to work on.
    Also, communication with the hiring manager was very poor. it took a lot of time to get back if I asked a question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

Good overall experience with interviewer. Recruiters are slow and don't reply promptly. Scheduling an interview took very long.Was asked following questions:
    1. Implement LRU
    2. How to remove duplicates from a character array without sorting - using test and set in integer array
    3. How many ASCII characters are there

Interview Questions
    • Was asked 2 questions:
      1. Implement LRU
      2. How to remove duplicates from a character array without sorting

View Answer

Advanced Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage in April 2014.

I was referred by one of my ex-colleagues.
    So there was no phone screen. They invited me directly for face-to-face interviews.
    Met with 4 people including a manager and director.
    They were all technical.
    Interviewers were pretty decent.
    All of them asked a blend of coding and design questions.
    Move a robot from point A to point B.
    Design redundancy and consistency for a storage system etc.
    Another interviewer went into C++ coding skills.

Was a bit nervous, so did OK but not too bad . But Nobody bothered to respond with feedback.
    The recruiter sent no reply despite pinging her 2-3 times...

Host Integration Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

Applied on university career portal. Got a mail in about two weeks for setting up the first round technical phone interview.
    Phone interview set up in the coming week.
    Interviewer was very friendly. Started the interview with basic questions on the resume. Hobbies,and previous projects.
    Coding questions :
    1. Implement Singleton Pattern
    2. print all elements in a linked list.

Coded both correctly on google drive.
    Got a reject in four weeks.

Tech Intern Interview

Submitted resume through a alumni working at the company. 3 rounds of tech phone interview, including some coding problems online. The questions are generally basic stuff -- linked list, string operation, heap... They also asked some questions about stack and os. The hiring process is pretty fast compared with other companies, which I really like.

Interview Questions
    • How do you check the address of your current function's stack frame and the caller's stack frame without using assembly code in C.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation for intern, but the offer is decent.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

Applied through university program. Had 2 technical / coding interviews and 1 interview with team manager. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions
    • Basic programming coding questions. Questions on servlets and struts. Basic understanding of HTTP and networking.   Answer Question

Intern-Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

After 2 months of applying, got a telephonic interview call.

QA Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

This was one company where the job description was not ready when the recruiter contacted. It seems very chaotic environment when things change frequently. Also the interview feedback process is extremely unprofessional. It takes them weeks to get back. It was such a bad experience as I felt that this company needs some proper Staffing process and hiring managers needs to be trained. Most of the managers are not that experienced enough and do not have much industry experience but now they are either Senior Managers or Directors who do not have experience enough to be disciplined enough to decide on the job requirement before contacting the candidates. This company needs some serious management training on hiring.
    I didn't get the job that I had interviewed for but they contacted me again in few months for the same job. what an excellent process to keep a track of the people they interviewed already!