Nimble Storage Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Web Applications/Ios Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nimble Storage in March 2015.

Interview

It was brief HR Interview. Initially they are ok with only web related experience they are ok with the person having Web development knowledge,but expecting to have working knowledge on ios development.
    I was informed that Interview will be scheduled and there will be 2 phone interviews (both Technical). But, then it was not scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your working experience .   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer working in team or individual ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the same day!!! There was a technical phone interview first - my past projects, technical abilities and few tech questions.
    I was invited for an onsite interview the next week and had 5 hours of interviews - all of them technical.
    The folks were friendly and asked questions on past projects, algorithms and data structures and multi-threaded programming.

Interview Questions

• PFS implementations - compare with OAuth...
      Gave a function and asked out put if 10 threads are working on it
      Write your own consumer-producer threads
      C++ 11 questions..
      Cryptography related questions..

1 Answer

Advanced UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview

Was received in good manner. It slowly started off with asking technical questions in Java, algorithms. Not too difficult though. Questions included algorithms, complexity, java specific stuff.
    Sorted arrays, check if two rectangles overlap, patterns.

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect all questions to be in java when the position is UI   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Interview

Great process - but I already knew some of the team so I came based on my reputation and previous work
    This was 20 months ago - and wasn't a problem... but I'm sure not everyone has previous work experience with the hiring team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied through the career fair on campus.
    Was asked to apply online.
    A week later asked to solve a programming question. Was not difficult just a simple oops concept.
    A week later onsite interview. There were 3 for 45 minutes each.
    The interviews were decent about my project.
    The people seemed chaotic in their own way. No idea which team or project I was to work on.
    Also, communication with the hiring manager was very poor. it took a lot of time to get back if I asked a question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Good overall experience with interviewer. Recruiters are slow and don't reply promptly. Scheduling an interview took very long.Was asked following questions:
    1. Implement LRU
    2. How to remove duplicates from a character array without sorting - using test and set in integer array
    3. How many ASCII characters are there

Interview Questions

• Was asked 2 questions:
      1. Implement LRU
      2. How to remove duplicates from a character array without sorting

1 Answer

Advanced Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by one of my ex-colleagues.
    So there was no phone screen. They invited me directly for face-to-face interviews.
    Met with 4 people including a manager and director.
    They were all technical.
    Interviewers were pretty decent.
    All of them asked a blend of coding and design questions.
    Move a robot from point A to point B.
    Design redundancy and consistency for a storage system etc.
    Another interviewer went into C++ coding skills.

Was a bit nervous, so did OK but not too bad . But Nobody bothered to respond with feedback.
    The recruiter sent no reply despite pinging her 2-3 times...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview

Applied on university career portal. Got a mail in about two weeks for setting up the first round technical phone interview.
    Phone interview set up in the coming week.
    Interviewer was very friendly. Started the interview with basic questions on the resume. Hobbies,and previous projects.
    Coding questions :
    1. Implement Singleton Pattern
    2. print all elements in a linked list.

Coded both correctly on google drive.
    Got a reject in four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Implement Singleton Pattern   1 Answer

Tech Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through a alumni working at the company. 3 rounds of tech phone interview, including some coding problems online. The questions are generally basic stuff -- linked list, string operation, heap... They also asked some questions about stack and os. The hiring process is pretty fast compared with other companies, which I really like.

Interview Questions

• How do you check the address of your current function's stack frame and the caller's stack frame without using assembly code in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation for intern, but the offer is decent.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nimble Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied through university program. Had 2 technical / coding interviews and 1 interview with team manager. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming coding questions. Questions on servlets and struts. Basic understanding of HTTP and networking.   Answer Question