Nimble Storage

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Host Integration Intern Interview

Host Integration Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview Details – Applied on university career portal. Got a mail in about two weeks for setting up the first round technical phone interview.
Phone interview set up in the coming week.
Interviewer was very friendly. Started the interview with basic questions on the resume. Hobbies,and previous projects.
Coding questions :
1. Implement Singleton Pattern
2. print all elements in a linked list.

Coded both correctly on google drive.
Got a reject in four weeks.

Interview Question – Implement Singleton Pattern   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview Details – Applied through university program. Had 2 technical / coding interviews and 1 interview with team manager. Overall process was good.

Interview Question – Basic programming coding questions. Questions on servlets and struts. Basic understanding of HTTP and networking.   Answer Question

Tech Intern Interview

Tech Intern

Interviewed at Nimble Storage

Interview Details – Submitted resume through a alumni working at the company. 3 rounds of tech phone interview, including some coding problems online. The questions are generally basic stuff -- linked list, string operation, heap... They also asked some questions about stack and os. The hiring process is pretty fast compared with other companies, which I really like.

Interview Question – How do you check the address of your current function's stack frame and the caller's stack frame without using assembly code in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation for intern, but the offer is decent.

Intern-Engineering Interview

Intern-Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview Details – After 2 months of applying, got a telephonic interview call.

Interview Question – Questions on Graph algorithms, Queries, RAID.   Answer Question

QA Position Interview

QA Position

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview Details – This was one company where the job description was not ready when the recruiter contacted. It seems very chaotic environment when things change frequently. Also the interview feedback process is extremely unprofessional. It takes them weeks to get back. It was such a bad experience as I felt that this company needs some proper Staffing process and hiring managers needs to be trained. Most of the managers are not that experienced enough and do not have much industry experience but now they are either Senior Managers or Directors who do not have experience enough to be disciplined enough to decide on the job requirement before contacting the candidates. This company needs some serious management training on hiring.
I didn't get the job that I had interviewed for but they contacted me again in few months for the same job. what an excellent process to keep a track of the people they interviewed already!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Multiple Human Resources Positions Interview

Multiple Human Resources Positions
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage.

Interview Details – I was referred to Nimble storage and interviewed for one position first. The staff was very accommodating to my schedule for the on site interview. They passed me on to a different manager for another position and I had a similar situation. The company decided to go with an internal candidate but overall I really enjoyed meeting everyone they were all very welcoming like a family. There seems to be a huge focus on bringing in the right people for the job which leads to this being a great company to work for (from what I can tell).

Interview Question – The hardest question any of the interviewers asked me was "what don't you like to do?" which caught me off guard. I really like the industry I am in and I struggled to answer this question in any usable way. Since I was interviewing for fairly entry level positions most questions were less technically based and more about work habits and interests.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage in July 2013.

Interview Details – Got interview call through referral. Recruiter contacted me after 1 week. Scheduled 1st phone interview with manager, followed by 1st round of onsite interview consisting of 4 face to face interviews. Week after I was called for 2nd round of onsite interview - 3 face to face interview. Every interviewer asked to code on whiteboard and paper. Questions are not that difficult but lot of focus on getting code right, error handling and corner cases.

Interview Question – How gdb works?   Answer Question

Marketing Content Writer Interview

Marketing Content Writer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nimble Storage in July 2013.

Interview Details – Saw a posting online and responded to it. Got a phone call and email that afternoon. Phone interview the next day. General questions on skills.

Interview Question – Most challenging question involved deep technical knowledge of technology differences.   View Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nimble Storage in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process seemed to be quite disorganized. I was applying for the RTP, NC site and everything was delegated back to the mothership in San Jose, including shipping candidates to San Jose for "Google style" interviews. This indicated a lack of autonomy by the RTP site, which concerned me. Even more worrying was when an interviewer commented that I had been in my current position "a very long time", with an unspoken question whether I was too old for Nimble (for the record I had been at my previous employer 4 years)

Interview Question – "Can you handle a Google-style interview"   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nimble Storage in January 2013.

Interview Details – I'd heard about Nimble through a lot of friends in my network and after hearing an overwhelmingly negative description of the interview process as well as the corporate culture, I was reluctant to interview here. However, later after seeing a job description I really liked, I decided to apply. The recruiter was pleasant and professional to work with initially.

Fast forward to the phone interview, I was called by an engineer with a thick accent. The interviewer asked me if I was familiar with C++. I told him that I hadn't used it since graduating from school and he still insisted on asking me C++ syntax related questions. The job description had no word of C++ anywhere. Then the interview took an unexpected turn with him insisting on asking me the names of the API methods that I had called in my previous company (the one that I left two years ago). I told him that it was a long time ago and I had no reason to memorize the methods when the API was thoroughly documented. After this the interviewer kept asking again and again if I had worked for that company or not as if he suspected that I was faking my experience.

The interview left me with a nasty feeling and I felt like I would not want to be associated with this company. Oh and the recruiter did not bother to get back to me after the interview. So much for professionalism.

Interview Question – C++ operator overloading, virtual functions, garbage collection   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nimble Storage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nimble Storage interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nimble Storage employees and interview candidates.