Nimbula Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nimbula in March 2012.

Remove Duplicates from a string using C/C++.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nimbula in February 2011.

I had three phone interviews.
    The first one was non technical.
    The next two interviews were one hour technical interviews.
    After the last phone interview I was supposed to go to an on site interview but I didn't hear back from them yet. I also didn't ask what's happening since the things at my current job are getting better ;-).

Interview Questions
    • A File System with directories at many levels. A duplicate of a file will have the same file name. We can treat the first instance encountered as a master copy, all others are duplicates.

Write a program to remove the subsequent copies of the file and create symbolic links to the first copy encountered (the master copy).
        View Answer
    • Write a C program which will construct a binary (search) tree from an array of integers and then provide a function to walk the tree in-order.

int data[] = { 100, 7, 200, 8, 299 };
        View Answer
    • Write a function that will reverse a string in the following fashion:
      Input: "My name is Amanda"
      Output: "Amanda is name My"
        View Answers (3)
    • You are given a sorted array of integer. Describe an algorithm that finds two numbers in that array whose sum equals a given number.

What's the complexity of your algorithm ? Can you do better ?
        View Answer
    • What will this program do ?
      ========
      }
      ========
        View Answers (4)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nimbula in March 2012.

Hiring team was fine and very responsive.

Phone screen was fine too, he asked me 2 questions on data structures and large scale. Questions were good and makes sense to check person's background.

F2F -
    They should learn little ethics on how to interview people. They lined up very inexperienced interviewers and just because they are boss at the interview they can manipulate anything.
    1st interviewer - It was mug up interviews with good data structures questions, find the relative max value for each number in array. Interviewer wanted the right solution with his own assumptions like using extra space is fine, printing in incorrect order is fine because that's the solution that he knows. He will get impressed by words like memoization, dynamic programming...

2nd interviewer was good, patient and asking right sort of questions. He asked me about sudoku and spent time to understand my solution. He was happy with the solution.

3rd interviewer was like what did the 1st interviewer asked, 2nd interviewer? and then I am thinking what to ask you. He was asking random sort of questions do you know this/that. he has asked about consistent hashing which I was not comfortable with and still he kept asking me because he read about it recently and I didn't :)

After the interviews no one came to me since i had another interview, I had to walk to a person's cube to get the HR.

Interview Questions
    • binary tree with some arbitrary pointers pointing to sibling remove the pointer.   View Answer
    • copy a linked list with nodes having arbitrary pointers.   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nimbula in April 2012.

Detail oriented, answers lead to more in-depth questions, challenging and fun experience. All technical interviews consisted of coding questions plus a few what-if-you-were-presented-with-this-scenario questions, which led to more discussion. Interviewers were helpful, but straight-faced.

Interview Questions
    • Pick all duplicate named files in a directory structure. Next, pick all files with same content.   View Answer
    • Find the first unique character in a string containing multiple characters   View Answers (2)

QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nimbula in February 2012.

So two people were supposed to interview me over a webshare(so called phone interview). The first one asked me to code a program(as per his conversation with me, "no psudo code, no referring anything").

1. He stopped half way through, as if he was dis-interested. The other person never interviewed me.
    2. He helped/corrected where I did mistakes (remember, he wanted a working code)
    3. Seemed to have good knowledge of perl.

All in all I am impressed with their process. I think they may have mistaken that position I applied for a development position and from my experience of interviewing, I stay till I finish my part of interview. I think Nimbula can train their people, maybe, non-technical part of career.

My 2c.

Good
    -------
    Fast interview process
    Good technology(atleast from what I heard and read)

Bad
    -----
    Arrogance/impatience/ego(or whatever english word close to the three I have used) of inteviewer.
    Doing the interview, I gather that they may not have any process in place.

Interview Questions
    • numbers 1-100
      if # divisible by 3 = print fizz
      if # divisible by 5 = print buzz
      if # divisible by both 3 and 5, print fizzbuzz
        View Answer

Worked for Nimbula? Contribute to the Community!