Nimbula

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nimbula in February 2011.

I had three phone interviews.
The first one was non technical.
The next two interviews were one hour technical interviews.
After the last phone interview I was supposed to go to an on site interview but I didn't hear back from them yet. I also didn't ask what's happening since the things at my current job are getting better ;-).

Interview Questions
  • A File System with directories at many levels. A duplicate of a file will have the same file name. We can treat the first instance encountered as a master copy, all others are duplicates.

Write a program to remove the subsequent copies of the file and create symbolic links to the first copy encountered (the master copy).

View Answer
  • Write a C program which will construct a binary (search) tree from an array of integers and then provide a function to walk the tree in-order.

int data[] = { 100, 7, 200, 8, 299 };

View Answer
  • Write a function that will reverse a string in the following fashion:
    Input: "My name is Amanda"
    Output: "Amanda is name My"

View Answers (3)
  • You are given a sorted array of integer. Describe an algorithm that finds two numbers in that array whose sum equals a given number.

What's the complexity of your algorithm ? Can you do better ?

View Answer
  • What will this program do ?
    ========
    ========

View Answers (4)

Other Interview Reviews for Nimbula

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nimbula in March 2012.

Hiring team was fine and very responsive.

Phone screen was fine too, he asked me 2 questions on data structures and large scale. Questions were good and makes sense to check person's background.

F2F -
    They should learn little ethics on how to interview people. They lined up very inexperienced interviewers and just because they are boss at the interview they can manipulate anything.
    1st interviewer - It was mug up interviews with good data structures questions, find the relative max value for each number in array. Interviewer wanted the right solution with his own assumptions like using extra space is fine, printing in incorrect order is fine because that's the solution that he knows. He will get impressed by words like memoization, dynamic programming...

2nd interviewer was good, patient and asking right sort of questions. He asked me about sudoku and spent time to understand my solution. He was happy with the solution.

3rd interviewer was like what did the 1st interviewer asked, 2nd interviewer? and then I am thinking what to ask you. He was asking random sort of questions do you know this/that. he has asked about consistent hashing which I was not comfortable with and still he kept asking me because he read about it recently and I didn't :)

After the interviews no one came to me since i had another interview, I had to walk to a person's cube to get the HR.

Interview Questions
    • binary tree with some arbitrary pointers pointing to sibling remove the pointer.   View Answer
    • copy a linked list with nodes having arbitrary pointers.   View Answer