Nine Points Management & Research

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nine Points Management & Research

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nine Points Management & Research.

I liked the process. Group interview, then two individual interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? A more difficult question to answer than most would imagine.   Answer Question

Asst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The interview process was challenging, but worth it. It's a busy office, so they generally start with group interviews. They then narrow it down to a smaller group, then another smaller group, then to individual interviews with each. I was asked to come back for an additional one-on-one interview and was hired at that time. The boss asks challenging questions and looks not only for experience, but for potential and other unique qualities in job candidates. They don't want run-of-the-mill employees--they want special, standout employees with engaging personalities, bright ideas, interesting educational backgrounds and a lot to bring to the table that extends beyond job title.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't one question in particular, but what was unexpected was how candid and open the boss/interviewer really was. He encourages open discussion. The interview process isn't stiff or scripted by someone in HR. There is legitimate, thoughtful conversation that takes place.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nine Points Management & Research.

The interview process was good, but different. The office is beautiful! You can see the whole city of Seattle from the boardroom. Everything is marble and spotless. They even have a full kitchen right in the office. They offered us coffee, tea and water. It started out as a group interview and they asked us to each talk about our experiences as they pertained to the position. Everyone seemed nervous because it's a fancy high security building, but the interviewers made it comfortable. It was a pretty relaxed interview. The head guy got everyone laughing and engaging with each other. They then asked some people to stay and I was one of them. They asked more detailed questions based off our earlier responses and our resumes. Then they asked a couple people to stay again. I was still one of them. They did some tests and talked a lot more about the position. They brought in another company head, a woman this time, to see if she clicked with us, I think. Then they asked us to wait in their reception area while they deliberated. I didn't get end getting a job offer, so I was really disappointed, but I made it past a lot of other candidates, so I think I had something good to offer. I would've really liked to get the job because they were offering really good pay for a starting administrative assistant and they said they provide free lunches and a lot of other perks. There were only a few people that work there from what I could tell and the girls were really nice. I can see why other people on here gave a negative interview review because group interviews can be really hard and it isn't fun not getting picked. I think we all think we're the best option! It's interesting to see how many people are out there looking for a job. It really seems difficult to get hired here because it is a really, really small staff and a very specialized business. I hope another job opens here in the future because they said they'd keep my resume on file.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why I chose my college major, why I wanted to do admin work, what my previous admin experiences were like, detailed questions about my experiences with web platforms and software, asked us to practice on the phone or doing a mock phone call, etc. It was really intense, but interesting!   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nine Points Management & Research.

I applied for the position by e-mail after seeing a Craigslist ad. The ad didn't specify the company's name. Literally 12 hours later I received an e-mail saying that I'd been scheduled for an interview the following day.

I showed up for the interview at my assigned time and found out it was a group interview. At least a dozen other applicants were there. The boss had each of us give him an elevator pitch one by one. When he got to me, he noticed on my resume that I'd worked for the government before, and expressed his displeasure at that. Apparently, he doesn't trust the government very much.

Needless to say, I didn't make it to the next round. The boss seemed very pompous and pretentious, so I don't think I would've enjoyed working for him anyway.