Nine West

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.0

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nine West.

I called the store, dropped off an application and interviewed a few days later. The manager was nervous during the interview and didn't ask any difficult questions. She basically told me the other managers were horrible and she was looking to replace them. Basically offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    She said she would try to get me more money after my 30 days. She never did.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nine West.

I walked in one day and asked if they were looking to hire and they were. When I told them that I already work at the mall, they seemed to want to interview me right away! I was scheduled for an interview for a couple of days later and told to go online and fill out every thing out. I went in and interviewed with an assistant manager. It was an easy peasy interview. Typical questions asked from predetermined sheet: What was your worst customer and how did you deal? How would you deal working at a busy location? It was a piece of cake and the assistant manager was young like me so it was no pressure at all. She told me that she liked me and would sell me to the store manager. I was told to call in a couple days to check and see if the store manager had made a decision. When I called, she informed me that I would need to come in and talk to her just to put a name to face and talk a little about the position. Went in a few days later and met with the store manager. She basically just told me a little bit about the store and company culture but did ask what I was looking for in the company. Next thing you know she asked what my availability was and what I would want my pay to be

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising at all. If you have prior retail experience you will be ok. Have examples, be personable   Answer Question
    Really didn't know how to negotiate so I just told them current pay at my other job. I was told that they could offer me a couple more cents, so I took it. When I got my confirmation email, I had gotten what I asked for on my application which was .25 cents more than originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nine West.

You basically go into a room with one of the managers and they ask a series of questions including your past experience, your availability, and why you think you are good candidate for the position that they have open.

Temp Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nine West in November 2013.

I applied online, a week later i got a call to set up a phone interview friday. Friday i have my phone interview, her name was Jackie, she was super cool and laid back she asked a couple of basic questions, i was sooo nervous i kept stumbling my words, i apologized she understood and said it was ok. I was then invited to a group interview that monday. I was intimidated by the other 4 girls but i actually did very well. she asked questions like " what fashion trends are in" and tell a little about yourself it wasnt hard at all, plus she was really really funny.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend to ask a customer a question that doesnt consist of a yes or no answer   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nine West in October 2013.

Recruited at a former job, 1 interview, negotiable pay, very quick hiring process. Easy background check, no drug test required. Interviewed by Store Manager

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nine West in September 2013.

I applied and it took about a week to hear back. I then went to store and had face to face with Store Manager. The interview took about an hr. She asked question related to retail hardware and floor sets. Ask about my history and why i wasnt still at places. Then she told me what would be excpected of me and my role as a key holder. Then she said if interested she would set me up for an interview with DM over phone. The next day she called and said that i was hired the DM didnt need to speak with me. I accepted offer and thank them.

Interview Questions
    • There was not really one that was asked they were basic questions typically asked. However she did ask why i chose Jones.   View Answer
    It was real simple. She told me the hourly rate even though i would like more i figured it was a stepping stone so i took it and just decided to network.

Senior PT Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nine West in July 2013.

The process took very long, I applied for Senior Sales Associate pt but ended up working in place of an older manager. I took the job expecting 15-20 hours a week and ended up with 39 on the dot.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nine West in June 2013.

For PT sales you are only going to have one interview. Show up 10 minutes early and ensure that you are dressed professional and the interviewer can already see you working in the store based on your image. Smile and take your time answering questions. Brush up on current fashion trends. Customer service is the most important part of your job at Nine West. Ensure that every thing relates to making someone satisfied. Also know how you would engage with your guest. Asking someone questions such as; where are you from? I really like the jewelry that you are wearing, where is it from? Love your handbag, where can I get one? Open Ended Questions!

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult if you are into fashion, but we do ask What Fashions trends are currently being promoted in your favorite stores? This question is asked only to see if you are current on fashion trends.   View Answer
    Rate was more than initially asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nine West.

If you’re a girl I would suggest wearing all black and show that you can walk in heels. If you’re a guy very professional in all black. (this is their uniform so fit in)

In my interview they asked a few basic interview questions; like why do you want to work for nine west/ why are you leaving your last position/ where do you see yourself in five years. The basics if you ever go into an interview. The hard part if never done before is the store manager will take you out to the sales floor or have shoes in his office and he/she will act like a customer and ask you to sell the footwear to them. I personally winged it ! never had to do a personal sale like that before. Smile / be friendly & try your best.

Interview Questions
    • When my store manager asked me to sell directly to them, I was not expecting that. & of course it wouldn’t be an interview if they do not act like the worst customer alive.   Answer Question
    Very Easy! They will work with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nine West.

one on one very easy, no hard questions

no negotiation at all