Nine West

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Nine West in September 2010.

Interview Details – 1 Interview with District Manager and 1 phone interview with the Regional Manager. Both were very brief for a Store manager position. I was surprised that I received an offer. I had networked with the District Manager and knew a previous Store Manager, so that helped. I did not think it was a thorough interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle employee theft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. It was a fair offer.

Senior PT Sales Associate Interview

Senior PT Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nine West in July 2013.

Interview Details – The process took very long, I applied for Senior Sales Associate pt but ended up working in place of an older manager. I took the job expecting 15-20 hours a week and ended up with 39 on the dot.

Interview Question – Predict an upcoming shoe trend.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nine West in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited at a former job, 1 interview, negotiable pay, very quick hiring process. Easy background check, no drug test required. Interviewed by Store Manager

Interview Question – How long do you plan to be with the company?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Fremont, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nine West in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and it took about a week to hear back. I then went to store and had face to face with Store Manager. The interview took about an hr. She asked question related to retail hardware and floor sets. Ask about my history and why i wasnt still at places. Then she told me what would be excpected of me and my role as a key holder. Then she said if interested she would set me up for an interview with DM over phone. The next day she called and said that i was hired the DM didnt need to speak with me. I accepted offer and thank them.

Interview Question – There was not really one that was asked they were basic questions typically asked. However she did ask why i chose Jones.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was real simple. She told me the hourly rate even though i would like more i figured it was a stepping stone so i took it and just decided to network.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nine West in March 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my application to the DMM, (she had previously tried to recruit me and gave me her card) Was called 2 days later to set up interview time. Met in Cafe across from hiring store and interview in there. Different, and a bit distracting but otherwise your average interview and questions.

Interview Question – How have you pursued leadership roles in your last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When asked what my preferred rate would be I gave my goal (above my current) and she was able to meet it.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Riverhead, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Nine West.

Interview Details – You basically go into a room with one of the managers and they ask a series of questions including your past experience, your availability, and why you think you are good candidate for the position that they have open.

Interview Question – Scenario questions   Answer Question

Temp Sales Associate Interview

Temp Sales Associate
Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nine West in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, a week later i got a call to set up a phone interview friday. Friday i have my phone interview, her name was Jackie, she was super cool and laid back she asked a couple of basic questions, i was sooo nervous i kept stumbling my words, i apologized she understood and said it was ok. I was then invited to a group interview that monday. I was intimidated by the other 4 girls but i actually did very well. she asked questions like " what fashion trends are in" and tell a little about yourself it wasnt hard at all, plus she was really really funny.

Interview Question – Pretend to ask a customer a question that doesnt consist of a yes or no answer   View Answer

Nine West FT Senior Sales Associate Interview

Nine West FT Senior Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Nine West in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1st I handed in my resume in person. 2nd I applied online.There was months between applying and get.ting an interview. The first was all the basic questions about experience and education. On the second interview I was offered a the position and negotiated my pay.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to brake company policy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – simple and easy. I got exactly what I asked for, later the company cut all commission.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nine West in June 2013.

Interview Details – For PT sales you are only going to have one interview. Show up 10 minutes early and ensure that you are dressed professional and the interviewer can already see you working in the store based on your image. Smile and take your time answering questions. Brush up on current fashion trends. Customer service is the most important part of your job at Nine West. Ensure that every thing relates to making someone satisfied. Also know how you would engage with your guest. Asking someone questions such as; where are you from? I really like the jewelry that you are wearing, where is it from? Love your handbag, where can I get one? Open Ended Questions!

Interview Question – Not difficult if you are into fashion, but we do ask What Fashions trends are currently being promoted in your favorite stores? This question is asked only to see if you are current on fashion trends.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rate was more than initially asked for

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nine West in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was fast and easy. The store was left with no staff after the entire previous staff was fired for theft. I was hired on the spot after turning in my application. I was hired as a full time key holder with only a few months of retail experience.

Interview Question – Please tell us how your previous experience will qualify you for this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nine West

Worked for Nine West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nine West interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nine West employees and interview candidates.