Nine West

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nine West.

I walked in one day and asked if they were looking to hire and they were. When I told them that I already work at the mall, they seemed to want to interview me right away! I was scheduled for an interview for a couple of days later and told to go online and fill out every thing out. I went in and interviewed with an assistant manager. It was an easy peasy interview. Typical questions asked from predetermined sheet: What was your worst customer and how did you deal? How would you deal working at a busy location? It was a piece of cake and the assistant manager was young like me so it was no pressure at all. She told me that she liked me and would sell me to the store manager. I was told to call in a couple days to check and see if the store manager had made a decision. When I called, she informed me that I would need to come in and talk to her just to put a name to face and talk a little about the position. Went in a few days later and met with the store manager. She basically just told me a little bit about the store and company culture but did ask what I was looking for in the company. Next thing you know she asked what my availability was and what I would want my pay to be

Interview Questions
  • Nothing surprising at all. If you have prior retail experience you will be ok. Have examples, be personable   Answer Question
Really didn't know how to negotiate so I just told them current pay at my other job. I was told that they could offer me a couple more cents, so I took it. When I got my confirmation email, I had gotten what I asked for on my application which was .25 cents more than originally offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Nine West

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Nine West.

You basically go into a room with one of the managers and they ask a series of questions including your past experience, your availability, and why you think you are good candidate for the position that they have open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nine West in October 2013.

Recruited at a former job, 1 interview, negotiable pay, very quick hiring process. Easy background check, no drug test required. Interviewed by Store Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nine West.

If you’re a girl I would suggest wearing all black and show that you can walk in heels. If you’re a guy very professional in all black. (this is their uniform so fit in)

In my interview they asked a few basic interview questions; like why do you want to work for nine west/ why are you leaving your last position/ where do you see yourself in five years. The basics if you ever go into an interview. The hard part if never done before is the store manager will take you out to the sales floor or have shoes in his office and he/she will act like a customer and ask you to sell the footwear to them. I personally winged it ! never had to do a personal sale like that before. Smile / be friendly & try your best.

Interview Questions
    • When my store manager asked me to sell directly to them, I was not expecting that. & of course it wouldn’t be an interview if they do not act like the worst customer alive.   Answer Question
    Very Easy! They will work with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nine West.

one on one very easy, no hard questions

no negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nine West in January 2013.

I applied online, and two weeks later got a call for an in person interview. The first time I went in, I had an interview with the assistant manager. During, this interview, she told me that the position was seasonal, which was not included in the job listing. She asked me basic questions and told me that their was a certain amount of sales that individual associates needed to reach during the week. Also, stated that associates must own a pair of Nine West shoes. Two days later, I did an interview with the manager who was really rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nine West in March 2012.

i was nervous but the manger made me feel good.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nine West in April 2008.

The interview was easy it was a one on one interview. The questions were basic and consisted of why do you want to work for this company etc.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nine West in November 2014.

it took 3 day for them to contact me for an interview. she asked about my previews jobs? she asked about the course im taking, she also asked what was it for?! and if i would work with pressure, how I would respond if I had to sell an amount of products and I couldn't

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult thing that happened to me in a job and how i managed that?!   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nine West.

It was a one on one interview with the store manager. Asked about my experiences in retail, transportation, hours etc. I think it was a simple interview.