Nintendo

2.8

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nintendo in February 2014.

Applied through employee reference.Got HR call to discuss on the job front.
    Got scheduled for the phone technical screen.
    Next was onsite interview process. The process lasted 4-5hrs. The hiring manager was the last person to talk to.Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not very difficult.Had prepared more on the testing part as it was testing position.   Answer Question

Retail Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nintendo in July 2012.

Phone response asking if you're still interested in the position. If so, you're setup for a phone interview. My callback was about ten days after I applied online for the position. Once I said I was still interested, [Wednesday], the phone interview was setup for the following Monday. Due to a "scheduling error", they had not called but called later and apologized and rescheduled for the following morning.

Interview Questions
    • They ask why you left all of your jobs on your resume.   View Answer
    • How has previous work you've done relate to work in this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nintendo in May 2009.

Very quick. A 1:1 interview of stock questions. Asked knowledge of video games, obviously specifically nintendo. After you get an offer and accept, you must take a drug test immediately after uptown. It was surprising but I had nothing to hide. I have had nintendo since I was a kid so I was an expert on all of this- I knew I'd get the job because I'm the exact person they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Since you've never had a job before, how do you feel having this as your first?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You can be up for 6 mo eval though. However you need to be an actual employee of Nintendo. I was just an associate working from another company who scouts for people. I forget the company name. However, you do get interviewed by nintendo management.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nintendo.

It was a long interview in the sense that it took 4 interviews to get in (with the direct supervisor, then the manager of the supervisor, the marketing director and finally the VP). Expect a skills test. The whole thing lasts about a month. Have examples to share about marketing practices.

Interview Questions
    Easy, the recruiter got me the highest salary.

Merchandiser Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nintendo in February 2010.

Applied through Monster.ca, got a call after three weeks, with a preliminary phone interview.

Landed an interview after two weeks, which took approximately 40 mins with basic formal interview questions