Nishimoto Trading

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Nishimoto Trading

Interview Details – Got hired at the Boston Japanese Career Forum. Interviewed with the recruiter first then had a couple more interviews with branch managers from different locations and got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions. Why are you interested in the food industry? Do you like Japanese food? etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nishimoto Trading in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter. He went through some basics about the position and the interview process.

Later that week, I got the phone interview from California. It was pretty straight-forward, involving general questions like: why chose this position, what's important for sales, and past work experience.

I went for the on-site interview the week after. It was even simpler than the phone interview. All they basically asked was "tell me about your education and work experience".

Didn't get the job, since I had limited experience in sales.

Interview Question – What do you think is important in sales?   Answer Question

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nishimoto Trading in July 2013.

Interview Details – I met the representatives of Nishimoto Trading at the Tokyo Career Forum. They are looking for people who can move to their branch in the U.S. (no visa sponsorship for international students though). The job would include direct door-to-door sales pitching to Asian restaurants and supermarkets.

Interview Question – - Are you eligible to work in the U.S.?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nishimoto Trading in November 2008.

Interview Details – Consisted of two days. It was summer recruiting for an internship and i submitted my resume to my school. Recruiter came to my school and indicated she was interested in interviewing me. Set up an appointment with her for phone interview initially, then got invited for a one to one interview at the firm. it was an analyst position for entry level. be sure to know the fit questions of why you want to work at the firm, where do you think they are heading, and the current events and deals they are involved in.

Interview Question – What would your first pick of your stock be and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Nishimoto Trading? Contribute to the Community!