Nissan North America Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

I went through an on-site interview. I was interviewed by two teams for 20 mins each. Since I was applying for a technical position, they asked me about relevant algorithms and went through my resume with me and asked a couple of questions related to the projects I did in the past

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview with several employee in the logistics department. They mainly talk about the projects that I have been working on that were on my CV and also some warehousing experience.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nissan North America (Canton, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

I didn't apply for the job, someone pass my resume to the hiring manager. Got a phone call to go to the Canton plant for interview 3 days later. Sign in, wait for the recruiter to pick me up on the front office, go into my work section, sit down with my future supervisor. They ask what I been doing, why you want to work here, can you work overtime. Then drug test, done. No compensation for travel expenses

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Email and called, set up phone interview. HR person did not call at time that was confirmed, I called her and it went to voice mail. She finally called back and said she was in a meeting ad sorry for not calling on time. Interview started with her asking salary requirements, they were clearly spelled out in my application, once sated was told that my requirements were above pay grade of 97K. Felt like the HR girl was very unprofessional by not reading my application before setting up the interview and by not calling on time. Was told my qualifications were outstanding but the pay was not there. Said I would be considered for future position. I do not expect a call back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Nissan North America.

Interview

The process started with a call from their recruiter seeing my LinkedIn profile. I had six separate interviews over a time of five months. I was told by the manager that she wanted me and considered this a done deal. Instead, I found out that they went with someone who hadn't been working in that field for three years. I never got a "thanks, but no thanks" notice from them.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was what department in the company I would consider transferring to. I was there to interview for one department, reflective of my experience. Why was it assumed I would want to change my career?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in September 2014.

Interview

Process took approximately 3.5 weeks. Contacted by an HR rep for phone screen. Another phone screen with HR & someone in the department. Onsite interview. The onsite interview was with 2 managers and an observer. They were taking turns asking questions pulled from what looked like a standardized questionnaire. Technical as well as behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What do you think are your biggest weaknesses. Give examples   Answer Question

DETAIL WORKER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nissan North America (Sacramento, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply and went to the office to ask for the interview. The manager asked me to fill out the application with the computer at the dealer shop. Don't wait, go directly into the dealer.

Interview Questions

• None. Everything is general about the position that you apply.   Answer Question

Management/Smyrna Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Process pretty straight forward- applied on-line, HR screen, Phone interview w/ managers and finally and on-site interview. The on-site interview was panel style and focused on my skills and details of the role. Entire process took approx. 3 weeks from initial contact to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do certain skills on my resume relate to the role in question?

I was expecting a behavior based questionnaire, but this group was focused on understanding my background for best fit.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered exactly what I asked for during the interview.

Regional Customer Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Aurora, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview Details – Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Interview from HR

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background as a Business Analyst?
      Have you worked with any data software in the past?
      Give me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you exceed there expectations?
      What do you know about Nissan?
      Why do you think you would be a perfect fit?

Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one phone interview with HR and then one in person interview with two managers. The managers were cordial but distant - there was no warmth, friendliness or individuality displayed.

Interview Questions

• Talk about times when you have solved a problem at work.   Answer Question