Nissan North America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.5

Process Engineer ECL I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in September 2014.

Process took approximately 3.5 weeks. Contacted by an HR rep for phone screen. Another phone screen with HR & someone in the department. Onsite interview. The onsite interview was with 2 managers and an observer. They were taking turns asking questions pulled from what looked like a standardized questionnaire. Technical as well as behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are your biggest weaknesses. Give examples   Answer Question

DETAIL WORKER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America in August 2014.

Apply and went to the office to ask for the interview. The manager asked me to fill out the application with the computer at the dealer shop. Don't wait, go directly into the dealer.

Interview Questions
    • None. Everything is general about the position that you apply.   Answer Question

Management/Smyrna Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in July 2014.

Process pretty straight forward- applied on-line, HR screen, Phone interview w/ managers and finally and on-site interview. The on-site interview was panel style and focused on my skills and details of the role. Entire process took approx. 3 weeks from initial contact to offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do certain skills on my resume relate to the role in question?

I was expecting a behavior based questionnaire, but this group was focused on understanding my background for best fit.
        Answer Question
    Offered exactly what I asked for during the interview.

Regional Customer Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in May 2014.

Interview Details – Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Interview from HR

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background as a Business Analyst?
      Have you worked with any data software in the past?
      Give me a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you exceed there expectations?
      What do you know about Nissan?
      Why do you think you would be a perfect fit?
        Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I had one phone interview with HR and then one in person interview with two managers. The managers were cordial but distant - there was no warmth, friendliness or individuality displayed.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about times when you have solved a problem at work.   Answer Question

Director Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nissan North America.

Hiring process is typical mass cattle call for resumes. Any hires of director or above tend to be politically tied. Company has been in a mode to hire outside lately. This gives opportunity to get in , but be aware, once you are in, advancement is very limited. HR is dominated by manufacturing personnel. They focus on tick-box selection, with little appreciation for interpersonal skills and intangible work talent.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? I would't focus on talking about where you want to be in 5 years. You should just be "honored" to be able to work for "this world-class company."   View Answer
    Ver very slow and bueracratic

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

interviewed at Nissan North America in December 2013.

A phone interview in November and a face-to-face interview in December (HQ in Franklin). It is a behavioural interview. Towards the end of the interview, the interviewers took some time to explain to me about their department, daily roles/ responsibilities and highlighted some interesting projects they are working on.

Interview Questions
    • This question might be a little trickly to answer: Having worked with several bosses/ supervisors (in previous internships), who do you like the most? Who do you dislike? Why?   Answer Question

Business/Systems Analyst Interview

The hiring process was stright forward. I submited my resume to Kelly Services. A recruiter called me with basic questions. Then I got a phone call from the hiring manager. She conducted a 45 min interview that was more specific to the job. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was specific a question about coding. One of the team members wanted me to interperate a string of code.   Answer Question

Service Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nissan North America in April 2013.

The service manager was easy to contact and the whole process was super easy- filled out an application, answered a few questions about myself and my goals, took a drug test, and then I got the job. Don't be nervous. This is the easiest interview I have ever had, other than having no interview at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America in March 2013.

I found the summer internship posting on my university career page in the Spring of 2013. After applying online through the Nissan jobs site, I had 2 phone interviews - one with a Manager and one with a Senior Manager. Both were mostly behavioral-based, very friendly and conversational. The Senior Manager asked me a problem-solving question relevant to the position I was applying for - she seemed to be more interested in my thought process than a specific answer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions - what is your weakness? talk about a time that you have been a leader.   Answer Question
    Salary non-negotiable, but some flexibility on start date