Nissan North America

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in August 2011.

The interview went really well. Very smoothly.

Interview Questions

No relocation money or package was available.

Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in August 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter that had seen my resume on Monster. I had to complete an Excel and Access test to get the interview. I interviewed the the benefits manager and HRIS manager. Was told it would be a long term contract position with the option to go perm. The latter was removed as I moved forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    There was none. I would suggest that if you like playing office politics, take it, if not leave it. There was no room for negotiating salary.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America in May 2010.

Behavioral interview

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Nissan North America in April 2010.

I applied to the position on the Nissan career site and I received a call from HR in a little more than a week. I was set for a phone interview. They sent me a confirmation mail with names of at least 6 managers and senior managers. The Interview went on for 40 minutes. Each senior manager was from a different department and had questions to ask in their field of specialty. I believe the idea was to bring out the various skills of the candidate and decide which department would offer more scope for the interest of the candidate. It was mostly concentrated on my resume, my academic projects and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would want to do an unpaid internship?   View Answer
    Nissan North America is a great place to be in terms of learning process. Though the internships are unpaid, people are always willing to work and share their knowledge and experience in enriching you. I had the opportunity to ask for work in the field of my interest and work on it. It was a value addition to my profile.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in February 2010.

Determine the need for the position. Write/update the job description.

Place ad(s) in print sources and send information to placement offices, and/or web service(s).

Screen all applications using pre-determined criteria checklist.

Conduct pre-interview reference checks.

Conduct interview team training.

Conduct candidate interviews.

Collect all data sets on each candidate and select recommended person. Note in writing why the successful candidate was selected.

Call successful candidate and inform him/her you will be recommending pending the results of a background check and the verification of his/her release from his/her current contract. Ask successful candidate if he/she is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.

Call the sending district's administration to inform them of your selection.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Nissan North America in November 2009.

The hiring and interview process was lengthy. Elapsed time from first contact to job offer was about five months. I went through a first round of interviews by phone, followed by an on site interview which included both one-on-one time with the hiring manager and a group interview with peers. Afterwards, many weeks went by without any feedback. Weeks later, I was asked back to interview with an entirely different group of people and was eventually offered a different position than the one I originally interviewed for. The job offer was for a position better suited to my background than the one originally interviewed for, so I credit the company for recognizing that and adjusting accordingly. I would have appreciated some feedback along the way but in the end, everything worked out satisfactorily.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not particularly difficult. I was asked if company management had ever asked me to do something I was uncomfortable with and, if so, how I handled it.   View Answer
    The company's offer was more or less firm. I tried to negotiate certain elements like signing bonus and relocation assistance without success. The company felt its best offer was on the table from the beginning.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in October 2009.

Personal reference for a new open position, followed by a phone interview and a face-to-face interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America in September 2009.

Brief overview of requirements of the new job, analysis of my skils. my skills were deemed inadequate, but the deciding factor was one in which the manager of the department had not advised was necessary in the job posting. Advise to future prospects: don't take it personally. Be ready for unprepared presentations from hiring managers. Don't be discouraged when you're told that you aren't qualified based on requirements that were not made clear to you prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a lot of experience with visual basic?   View Answer

Lease Customer Network Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nissan North America in June 2009.

Quickly called for an interview after application. Treated warmly and respectfully. Only interviewed with one Department Supervisor. Very quick onboard process.
    Mandatory leasing or retail vehicle financial services six-week paid training. Very comprehensive and forward-thinking.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation in the past where you have dealt with a difficult customer. What steps did you take to assist them? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the situation?"   Answer Question
    The initial salary offer was made. I politely pointed out that I had previous customer service/management experience and had a degree. I asked if they might offer more. They agreed on a slightly higher offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America in April 2008.

Interview with hiring manager and next level manager.

Interview Questions

Did not feel the position and all it entailed was a good path to continue my development.