Nissan North America Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.4

Preowned Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nissan North America (Bedford, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied by invitation to join I waswith Toyota ??

Interview Questions

• Why do you want o leave Toyota ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Excellent !

Seating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview questions were pretty standard. They ask what you know about Nissan and how you can conitrubute to them, which is not always an easy question to answer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nissan North America (Nashville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my resume on Careerbuilder and wanted to know if I was interested. A phone interview with a Manager was scheduled immediately. It went well and a face to face group interview was scheduled within the week. The onside interview went well. I was then offered the position later that same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when you find that you can't get everything that you wanted done in a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible, but I had read about that here. So I gave them the price I wanted and they accepted it. So the negotiation things isn't as bad as some would leave you to believe. Just window your value and stick to it.

Product Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

At first I conducted a phone interview with an HR generalist, going over some skills and current work experience. I then had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I was called into an onsite interview at Franklin, TN.

Once at the interview I met with several different product planners and they gave me a basic overview of their jobs and what to expect. I think the problem came later on, 3 hours later when I was asked to compare one of their models with a competitor's model. Perhaps my thoughts didn't coincide with the company's direction.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was having pictures of three different subcompact cars laid out in front of me and identifying what made Nissan's vehicle stand our even though it was a model that was several years old compared to brand new competitor's products. Trying not to tell them that the Nissan model was outdated and boring was very difficult   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well. Very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

No relocation money or package was available.

IS Consultants (Business Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview with team and management. Interview was pretty formal with standard situation based questions. Overall seemed targeted towards feeling out the candidates technical skills as they relate to the position and too see if the candidate would fit in with the culture and business stakeholders that they would be assigned to working with. Not overly difficult but fairly involved with a lot of individuals included.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle a missed deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to handle a production outage   Answer Question
    • Have you had to interact with team members split between remote environments   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in working within a matrix organization   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you reviewing detailed documentation and creating it for others to review   Answer Question

Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that had seen my resume on Monster. I had to complete an Excel and Access test to get the interview. I interviewed the the benefits manager and HRIS manager. Was told it would be a long term contract position with the option to go perm. The latter was removed as I moved forward in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. I would suggest that if you like playing office politics, take it, if not leave it. There was no room for negotiating salary.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nissan North America (Canton, MS) in May 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview

Information Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to the position on the Nissan career site and I received a call from HR in a little more than a week. I was set for a phone interview. They sent me a confirmation mail with names of at least 6 managers and senior managers. The Interview went on for 40 minutes. Each senior manager was from a different department and had questions to ask in their field of specialty. I believe the idea was to bring out the various skills of the candidate and decide which department would offer more scope for the interest of the candidate. It was mostly concentrated on my resume, my academic projects and course work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would want to do an unpaid internship?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nissan North America is a great place to be in terms of learning process. Though the internships are unpaid, people are always willing to work and share their knowledge and experience in enriching you. I had the opportunity to ask for work in the field of my interest and work on it. It was a value addition to my profile.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Determine the need for the position. Write/update the job description.

Place ad(s) in print sources and send information to placement offices, and/or web service(s).

Screen all applications using pre-determined criteria checklist.

Conduct pre-interview reference checks.

Conduct interview team training.

Conduct candidate interviews.

Collect all data sets on each candidate and select recommended person. Note in writing why the successful candidate was selected.

Call successful candidate and inform him/her you will be recommending pending the results of a background check and the verification of his/her release from his/her current contract. Ask successful candidate if he/she is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.

Call the sending district's administration to inform them of your selection.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job   1 Answer
    • how long do you want to keep this job   1 Answer