Nissan North America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Vehicle Connected Services Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

When to HQ and meet with the recruiter who then introduced me to the hiring manager after waiting for 30 minutes. We then went to an interview room where we started the interview.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Several calls of phone screening. Personal asking first tier of questions did not seem too knowledgeable about position. Answered first round of questions, and they seemed to match up with what they were looking for. Did not hear anything back.

Seating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nissan North America (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview questions were pretty standard. They ask what you know about Nissan and how you can conitrubute to them, which is not always an easy question to answer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nissan North America (Nashville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my resume on Careerbuilder and wanted to know if I was interested. A phone interview with a Manager was scheduled immediately. It went well and a face to face group interview was scheduled within the week. The onside interview went well. I was then offered the position later that same day.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when you find that you can't get everything that you wanted done in a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible, but I had read about that here. So I gave them the price I wanted and they accepted it. So the negotiation things isn't as bad as some would leave you to believe. Just window your value and stick to it.

Product Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

At first I conducted a phone interview with an HR generalist, going over some skills and current work experience. I then had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I was called into an onsite interview at Franklin, TN. Once at the interview I met with several different product planners and they gave me a basic overview of their jobs and what to expect. I think the problem came later on, 3 hours later when I was asked to compare one of their models with a competitor's model. Perhaps my thoughts didn't coincide with the company's direction.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was having pictures of three different subcompact cars laid out in front of me and identifying what made Nissan's vehicle stand our even though it was a model that was several years old compared to brand new competitor's products. Trying not to tell them that the Nissan model was outdated and boring was very difficult   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview went really well. Very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

No relocation money or package was available.

IS Consultants (Business Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview with team and management. Interview was pretty formal with standard situation based questions. Overall seemed targeted towards feeling out the candidates technical skills as they relate to the position and too see if the candidate would fit in with the culture and business stakeholders that they would be assigned to working with. Not overly difficult but fairly involved with a lot of individuals included.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle a missed deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to handle a production outage   Answer Question
    • Have you had to interact with team members split between remote environments   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in working within a matrix organization   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you reviewing detailed documentation and creating it for others to review   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nissan North America (Smyrna, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

Very in-depth and lengthy. I am not sure what else to say. They ask the standard question and there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? I am not sure what else to say. They ask the standard question and there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The interviewers were very friendly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Nash, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied and was called a week later for phone interview with recruiter, I passed and was called a few days later for interview with hiring manager. Typical basic interview questions..tell me your biggest pet peAve in the work place?

Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan North America (Franklin, TN) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that had seen my resume on Monster. I had to complete an Excel and Access test to get the interview. I interviewed the the benefits manager and HRIS manager. Was told it would be a long term contract position with the option to go perm. The latter was removed as I moved forward in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. I would suggest that if you like playing office politics, take it, if not leave it. There was no room for negotiating salary.