Nissan Technical Center North America

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in September 2014.

I first received an application verification call that re-asked me most of questions from the application online. Then my information was passed onto a HR representative who asked me experience based questions which were targeted to find out which entry level position would be best suited.

Exterior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in August 2014.

I had applied for a test position in Arizona, and after a month I was told that job wasn't going to be screened for that position. I was referred to a design engineer position in Farmington Hills, MI. I had a phone screening from an HR associate for general position questions. I was then asked to interview with a panel of managers and engineers, that interview was about 1 hour long. I had another interview via skype to talk more about my experiences, no technical questions.

Interview Questions

The the entire process from first screening to offer was 2 weeks long. There was no relocation assistance for my move (which would have been from Southern California to Southern Michigan, some 2,250 miles) and the salary was less than I was receiving at the time.

Engineer I Interview

I first spoke with an HR representative who performed a phone screen and decided I was a good candidate. She then forwarded my information to the hiring manager and he asked for a phone interview followed by a video conference.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to draw free body diagrams of the forces acting upon a door handle mechanism and how they translate through the multiple linkages. I was also asked to sketch a piece of reinforcement sheet metal and add a support in a way that would make it stronger.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America.

Initial phone interview with hiring managers followed by a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was presented with a quiz which included varoius engineering technical questions such as deflection of Cantilever beam with end load and explain difference between stiffness and strength.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

You need to have some experience in you field to get hired. Get ready to answer a lot of questions including technical

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America.

Applied online. An HR rep contacted me and I had a 20 minute quick interview for them to gather some basic info about qualifications and interests. After that I had a conference call interview with four engineering staff members.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions to see how I act/think in different circumstances.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in January 2011.

This part of the section is not very applicable to me. I was an intern that got hired on right out of college. In that respect the interview process was great because there was not one.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in November 2009.

Interview with HR, direct manager, senior manager and Director of department.
    Interviewers interested in previous experience but also paid attemtion to listening skills and syngthesis capabilities diplayed during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which type of job do you prefer: fire-fighting or planning type?
      The target job had a mix of both type of processes, so it required a diplomatic approach in the answer
        Answer Question
    My proposed salary was accepted (8000 over previous job). Vacation and benefits were non-negotiable/

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nissan Technical Center North America in January 2009.

One interview with several managers and dept manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the locating scheme for this part (a windshield wash tank).   View Answer