Nitro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.9

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A few days after applying Jennifer the Head of Talent at Nitro reached out to me via email to set up a time for an over the phone interview. The conversation with Jennifer dove into experience, interests and future goals. It felt like a very comfortable and informative conversation. After visiting the offices and having an in person chat with Jennifer she was able to gauge my experience and felt pursuing the Operations Coordinator role would be a good fit. I then met with two members of the team, one of which was currently in the role and moving towards the next step and the other was Operations Coordinator manager. My interview with both was such an amazing experience. Both ladies gave me tons of insight on the role and asked great questions about my experience and really gauged who I truly was. They had a less traditional approach in that they really wanted me as a candidate to understand what Nitro had to offer so they didn't ask the general interview questions. They focused more on who I was and how I could contribute to the team and vice-versa. This was followed by a take home questionnaire. My last interview was with the awesome COO and her equally sweet assistant. This was a real treat, again I felt like we spoke open and honestly about what the role and amazing company had to offer and how my experience and who I was would fit into the groove of Nitro’s unique and caring culture. I was so grateful to be offered the position.

Throughout the entire process both Jennifer and Lyla (talent coordinator) were amazing in providing constant feedback and communication. They genuinely took their time to get to know me as a candidate. Overall I had probably one of the most unique and amazing interview processes of my life. Nitro Rocks!

The Nitro blog is a very cool tool to use when wanting to learn more about the company! Definitely something to look into as it has well written and interesting content in many different categories.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions- Tell us about yourself. What sparked your interest in this role? How does your past experience prepare you for the tasks of this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Online application with personal data and resume, technical exercises including algorithms + data structures + logic + real case scenarios, phone interview for cultural fit, two onsite interview reviewing resume and exercises.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview fairly easy...need not prepare for such interviews. But be careful that the culture and perks they project outside is not same when you get an offer...The reviews on glassdoor are bogus..they are faked by the employees of Nitro...Very easy interview and I rejected it as they don't have enough perks compared to other smaller companies....They are not pretty aggressive, they don't even have a phone app for their nitro cloud product after being in Industry for such a long time....Don't waste time for such company....Give interview only if you don't have any other offer in hand..else complete waste of time......

Director of Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was very efficient. I had a couple of phone conversations with key decision makers. Next, I came into the office for in person interviews that only took a couple of hours. After that, I did a presentation to the technical management team based on an agenda provided to me with plenty of time to prepare. The presentation gave me a chance to make sure we all were on the same page as far as the role, needs, and expectations coming in. The final step was an in person conversation with the CEO. Sam is very engaging and passionate about the company. Speaking to him sealed the deal with me.

Overall, the Talent team are very quick with feedback and available anytime for questions. I never had to wait more than 24 hours for feedback. From beginning to offer, the process took about 2 weeks and would have been quicker if my schedule had permitted.

Interview Questions

• There was not a specific question. Nitro is very aware that everyone has to be on the same page coming in. Most of my time was spent talking about my leadership and management skills / philosophy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick. I talked about my expectations and they gave me a lot of information about benefits, etc. No surprises when the offer came. From offer to onboarding, it was 48 hours.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Had a friend refer me for an entry-level position. The recruiter spoke with me on the spoke and seemed extremely interested. Was brought on for an on-site interview where the recruiting manager cancelled on me, leaving with me the recruiter who I had already who spoken to and reiterated that I'd be perfect for the job. Got a call the next day saying they wanted someone with more experience, however I later found out they had already extended an offer to another candidate and they had accepted before I was brought in. Huge waste of time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro in September 2014.

Interview

The process was quite polite and straight forward. A friend referred me for a PM position and within a week received an email to set up a screening call with a lead recruiter. The screen was about trying to match my experience to the position and finding a fit. Bit of questions posed:

Have you worked in this capacity before?
    Can you please give an example of things you have done?

After the recruiter confirmed there was a fit the next step was meeting with their VP since it was a senior position. The VP asked about my experience and familiarity with their product.

Questions posed:
    What my technical background, specific skills were?
    What software products I like?
    Whom I looked up to in the tech industry and why?
    What are the key things I identify in good PM's?

It was a pleasant experience though they were looking for more experience at that level of the role they were looking for.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nitro in August 2014.

Interview

I initially reached out to Nitro via applying online. I was then contacted via email by Rachel to set up a phone call as my resume showed I may be a good fit for the position. She and I set up a time to talk, and I felt completely comfortable talking to her for the 20 or so minutes that the call lasted for. I got all my questions about the company answered, as well as answered all the questions Rachel had for me. She was very transparent about the company's culture, where they are headed and what they were looking for in a candidate. I felt completely at ease the entire time. She then thought it would be a good idea to have me come into the office for face to face interviews. I initially set up a time with her but later canceled as I was unsure about my commitment to the commute I would have to make every day if indeed I was offered the job. She was completely understanding and told me to reach out if anything changed.

Interview Questions

• There honestly were no difficult questions when Rachel and I spoke on the phone. It was more of her telling me information about Nitro and gathering information about me. I cannot speak for the in person interview as I declined.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

My interview process took a little longer than I wished but during the entire process I was kept in the loop, which was reassuring. During the process I fell in love with the hiring team as well as the company's culture. Every questions I had was answered thoroughly and whenever I sent an email it was responded to quickly. Rachel always made sure to keep me in the loop if there was a few days when we would go with out communicating. The company seemed like a wonderful place to work and the process was very casual, which I enjoyed because you really get the vibe of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty casual. Talking about background and interests outside of work. One questions was to name your top 5 strengths and then rank them on most important for the job.   Answer Question

I had another offer I could not refuse, but I left feeling incredibly good about the company and hope to watch it do wonderful things.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Everything was great until I answered the question "How old are your kids?" Others listening to the conversation, pointed out to me. After answering, it was obvious they lost interest.

Sales Development Representative Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by Nitro about a week after sending my resume, and we set up a phone interview for the week after that. The phone interview was about 10 minutes and it focused on what the role is about and my personal experience. Few days later, a second interview with the recruiting and sales manager that was more about sales. They were always crystal clear with next steps, highly responsive, and transparent of how far into the interview process I was. Anytime I had a question, I was comfortable reaching out to the recruiter or the hiring manager and they were always quick to respond. It was intense in the sense that they are very competitive, but very nice and fair.