Nitro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Development Representative Interview Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nitro in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got contacted by Nitro about a week after sending my resume, and we set up a phone interview for the week after that. The phone interview was about 10 minutes and it focused on what the role is about and my personal experience. Few days later, a second interview with the recruiting and sales manager that was more about sales. They were always crystal clear with next steps, highly responsive, and transparent of how far into the interview process I was. Anytime I had a question, I was comfortable reaching out to the recruiter or the hiring manager and they were always quick to respond. It was intense in the sense that they are very competitive, but very nice and fair.

Interview Question – General sales questions   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – Everything was great until I answered the question "How old are your kids?" Others listening to the conversation, pointed out to me. After answering, it was obvious they lost interest.

Interview Question – How old are your kids?   View Answer

Customer Success Representative Interview

Customer Success Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nitro in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process at Nitro was wonderful. I originally met Rachel, a Talent Ambassador at Nitro, at the UC Berkeley career fair. Through talking with her and learning more about Nitro, I could tell the job would be an amazing opportunity for personal and professional growth in a fast-paced and fun environment. I originally applied for an internship, but since I was graduating, I heard back from Rachel about interviewing for a full-time position. Rachel was very helpful during the whole process and made me feel comfortable and confident. I was interviewed by people in my department, Andrew and Stephanie who were very friendly and explained the role and expectations well. Finally, I met with Gina the COO who made me feel at ease and the interview felt more like a continuous conversation, which was wonderful! I additionally completed a technical exercise which helped me gain insight into the product I would later be advising customers on. Overall the whole experience revealed the high expectations for Nitro employees- but also was laid back and personal, not formal or uncomfortable at all! I am so happy to join the Nitro team after an amazing interview and hiring experience!

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nitro in April 2014.

Interview Details – Nitro's approach to hiring is pretty much the ideal hiring process you could imagine. Do not expect to be answering on a whiteboard how to search the MST of a huge graph or serialize a BST with parenthesis notation. Don't take me wrong, they want you to have good CS fundamentals but the product mindset is also very important.

First I was prompted to spend some time using the product and give them feedback. I sent an email with 3 points. What is the product for, what would I change or improve and which part of the product I would like to work on.

This went well so I went to 3 onsite interviews, one was to dig a bit more in my technical background, the other two were more of a cultural fit interview.

During the process I was invited to join an internal workshop and I spent an afternoon coding with other engineers.

I came back for an extra technical interview which consisted in giving an idea of how to design a system. I went home and did an iteration on the exercise and sent them an improved version.

Interview Question – Do you want a beer? While I was wrapping up the tech exercise.   View Answer

Copywriting Intern Interview

Copywriting Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nitro in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was pleasantly surprised when a Nitro Recruiter contacted me and wanted to set-up a phone interview. The call was incredibly painless, and the recruiter insisted that she wanted to move forward with me. The following week I received an email with a short copywriting exercise, in which I was asked to draft a mock email promoting the Nitro product. I happily completed it and sent it back.

This is where the process took a nosedive. I did not hear back from ANYBODY for weeks, and when I contacted the recruiter she informed me that no decision had been made yet. That was the last I heard from her or the company, and I still feel like I was kept completely in the dark.

Incredibly poor communication once I got past the beginning stages of the recruitment process, very disappointed as I had heard great things about my recruiter in particular.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected during the phone interview, it was very comfortable and laid-back.   Answer Question

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nitro in February 2014.

Interview Details – My process was unique. I first met Tiho (VPE at Nitro) about a year before actually joining. The timing wasn't perfect so we agreed to keep in touch. That Tiho did and around NYE 2014 we started talking again.

The formal process was ~3-4 weeks and was a very different process from what you'd normally see in the valley.

Instead of the phone screen & 4-5 'grill sessions' on site this was a "candidate evolution". I would meet with the team through a sequence of group interview / problem solving / social situation settings which were definitely probing but felt coordinated and meaningful rather than a bunch of discreet coding questions. There was one technical task which was whiteboard / take home and took a day or so to get done.

I was very impressed with the process, as by the end of it it was very clear who the team was & whether the candidate (me) was a good fit.

Interview Question – Besides the technical questions, my task was to scout out potential teammates to join the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Online Marketing Intern Interview

Online Marketing Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nitro in March 2014.

Interview Details – I first met Rachel, one of the recruiters, at an on-campus career fair. After that, I followed up with a slew of emails and had a phone interview, as well as a skill-based exercise to complete. I was then called into HQ for a group interview, and I had my final interview with Gina O'Reilly, the COO, a week later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult, most of them being in regard to my background with marketing. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that during my final interview with Gina, she asked me what my hobbies were. This just goes to show how personable she is, as well as how much Nitro truly cares about the people they bring in and hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were made with regard to payment (I think it's great!). However, I was able to postpone my start date by a week due to various time conflicts, and everyone was very understanding about it.

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Accounting/Finance Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – From the moment I applied to Nitro all the way to the last interview, the experience was very enjoyable and much less stressful than I thought! Rachel, the talent ambassador, got in contact with me shortly after I had applied and we set up a phone interview that took barely 30 mins and felt very comfortable. The next part of the process involved an onsite interview which was nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be and the general atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. Everyone I met was also very open and friendly which really made the process that much better! The last part of the process involved a Skype interview and an in person meeting with the COO, Gina O'Reilly, which felt more like a casual conversation than a interview. Overall the interview process was smooth, simple, and by far one of the best I have experienced!

Interview Question – Describe a time you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Desktop Support Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nitro in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the Desktop Support Engineer position that I found posted on Nitro's website. Early the next week I received an email response from Rachel, the company's internal talent ambassador. We schedule a time for a phone interview a few days later, which comprised of Rachel providing me with some information about the position I applied for as well as a little background on the company and their culture. After the phone interview Rachel got in touch again via email and setup a time for me to come by and interview in person with the Senior Manager of Global Business Services and IT. The in-person interview was conducted extremely well in that it was not just focused on an analysis of my technical skills, but also an analysis of my character and how I would fit and get along with the team. A week or so later I had another interview at Nitro and two more department heads. That interview was less focused on my character and more on my technical skills. I had my final interview a week or so later and met with the COO of the company. During that interview we recapped some of the things discussed during the prior interview, and I got provided with a final opportunity to ask any questions that I may have. The offer letter followed soon thereafter. The interview process was handled very well and smoothly, and it allowed both the company and I to get to know each other prior to making any decisions.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Customer Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – I submitted my application to Nitro on their website. About a week later Rachel, from their recruiting team, sent me an email to set up a time to talk. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday we set up a time for the following week to talk. The phone interview was great. Rachel was very easy going and made the call feel very informal. I got an email later that day to schedule an interview at their offices. I met with Andrew Holmes and two other girls from the Customer Support Team. The interview was just simple questions like what would you do to stay creative in a job that is repetitive because of my art background. Really the meeting is just about getting to know who you are in a short time. They next gave me a take home test that had me detailing ways in which i'd handle different situations. As long as you have familiarized yourself with the program and are a bit computer savy you should feel at ease with it. A few days later Rachel emailed me to set up an interview with Nitro's COO. It was really more of just a conversation than an interview. Gina was very nice and easy to talk to. Though i didn't get offered the position Rachel was with me every step of the way and was always there if i had any questions. I have never been through such a comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – What is your dream job   Answer Question

Worked for Nitro? Contribute to the Community!