Nitro

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – From the moment I applied to Nitro all the way to the last interview, the experience was very enjoyable and much less stressful than I thought! Rachel, the talent ambassador, got in contact with me shortly after I had applied and we set up a phone interview that took barely 30 mins and felt very comfortable. The next part of the process involved an onsite interview which was nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be and the general atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. Everyone I met was also very open and friendly which really made the process that much better! The last part of the process involved a Skype interview and an in person meeting with the COO, Gina O'Reilly, which felt more like a casual conversation than a interview. Overall the interview process was smooth, simple, and by far one of the best I have experienced!

Interview Question – Describe a time you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nitro in March 2014.

Interview Details – I first met Rachel, one of the recruiters, at an on-campus career fair. After that, I followed up with a slew of emails and had a phone interview, as well as a skill-based exercise to complete. I was then called into HQ for a group interview, and I had my final interview with Gina O'Reilly, the COO, a week later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult, most of them being in regard to my background with marketing. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that during my final interview with Gina, she asked me what my hobbies were. This just goes to show how personable she is, as well as how much Nitro truly cares about the people they bring in and hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were made with regard to payment (I think it's great!). However, I was able to postpone my start date by a week due to various time conflicts, and everyone was very understanding about it.

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nitro in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the Desktop Support Engineer position that I found posted on Nitro's website. Early the next week I received an email response from Rachel, the company's internal talent ambassador. We schedule a time for a phone interview a few days later, which comprised of Rachel providing me with some information about the position I applied for as well as a little background on the company and their culture. After the phone interview Rachel got in touch again via email and setup a time for me to come by and interview in person with the Senior Manager of Global Business Services and IT. The in-person interview was conducted extremely well in that it was not just focused on an analysis of my technical skills, but also an analysis of my character and how I would fit and get along with the team. A week or so later I had another interview at Nitro and two more department heads. That interview was less focused on my character and more on my technical skills. I had my final interview a week or so later and met with the COO of the company. During that interview we recapped some of the things discussed during the prior interview, and I got provided with a final opportunity to ask any questions that I may have. The offer letter followed soon thereafter. The interview process was handled very well and smoothly, and it allowed both the company and I to get to know each other prior to making any decisions.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – I submitted my application to Nitro on their website. About a week later Rachel, from their recruiting team, sent me an email to set up a time to talk. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday we set up a time for the following week to talk. The phone interview was great. Rachel was very easy going and made the call feel very informal. I got an email later that day to schedule an interview at their offices. I met with Andrew Holmes and two other girls from the Customer Support Team. The interview was just simple questions like what would you do to stay creative in a job that is repetitive because of my art background. Really the meeting is just about getting to know who you are in a short time. They next gave me a take home test that had me detailing ways in which i'd handle different situations. As long as you have familiarized yourself with the program and are a bit computer savy you should feel at ease with it. A few days later Rachel emailed me to set up an interview with Nitro's COO. It was really more of just a conversation than an interview. Gina was very nice and easy to talk to. Though i didn't get offered the position Rachel was with me every step of the way and was always there if i had any questions. I have never been through such a comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – What is your dream job   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – I applied to Nitro on their website. About a week later Rachel, from their recruiting team sent me an email to set up a time to chat. Due to Thanksgiving we set up a call for the following week. Rachel was super nice and very easy to talk to. Later that same day i got an email from her asking to set up a interview with Andrew Holmes and two other girls from the Customer Support Team. The next day i went in an met with all four of them at their offices. There were no really hard questions or anything tricky. Just a meeting to try to get to know you and see what makes you tick as a person. Next they had me do a take home test. The test consisted of me answered detailed questions as if i was the customer support rep. As long as you have gotten a little familiar with their product and are comfortable with computers this should stress you out. All the feedback was positive from the group interview and the test. I was next set up with an interview with Gina their COO. I've never talked with a COO of a company in any of the interview processes i've been through so i was pretty nervous. Rachel gave me some words of encouragement and told me to just be myself which i really appreciated. Although i wasn't offered the position the process was definitely refreshing. Very upfront and informal. Rachel did a great job.

Interview Question – What is your dream job   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – Both the hiring and management team were incredibly accommodating, friendly, and honest. They addressed all questions and concerns without hesitation. Every person I dealt with was friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Do not remember   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nitro Cloud Sales Leadership Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nitro in October 2013.

Interview Details – As a former Adobe employee I wasn't surprised when a Nitro recruiter got in touch with me. I fully expected to dismiss the opportunity as uninteresting given my desire to do something new. What I wasn't prepared for was a recruiter, interview process, and leadership team that took a profound interest in hiring the right person above everything else. You can tell just by how they conduct themselves that Nitro is serious about acquiring talent.

The interview process itself was a dream; an honest and engaging conversation to determine best fit that stretched on patiently to accommodate my travel in the midst of it. I could go on to describe what resonated so well but I'm afraid I'd be doing Nitro a disservice in the process. Truth is if you are at all interested in a career facing digital documents you owe it to yourself to go and meet the team. The in house DJ booth, beer on tap, startup environment with mature customer base, awesome campus, competitive pay and upward mobility are all great perks of this company but nothing comes close to the quality of people you will be working with. In my experience that is 100% what matters most; it's ultimately what delivers fulfillment in your career.

Interview Question – What do you need from us to meet Nitro sales objectives?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Exciting times await some future candidate for this position. I couldn't accept an offer simply because commuting got in the way. Two hours of travel time was just more than I'd like to be away from my family each day, but for someone with a more flexible schedule a golden opportunity awaits.

Junior Designer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nitro.

Interview Details – Great process. It was a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. It began with a comfortable phone interview with very clear steps and no trick questions. Next, I was brought in to meet with other members of the team and also for a quick tour through the office (beer in hand). This was simply just reviewing my portfolio and going over my work experience. I received a skills test the same night and received a response immediately the following the day. Can't stress how positive of an experience this was!

Interview Question – Skills test was expected and reasonable   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – 5 interviews plus a "dinner" where the expectation was that I drink with the key decision makers in the hiring process so that they could evaluate my personality and if I would be a good fit.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said if I did not accept the offer there was a line of others that would fill my position.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Sales Development Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Nitro in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewing at Nitro was the most enjoyable process possible. I applied through their website and was contacted that day to set up a phone interview. After a quick conversation with Rachel and Jennifer I came in to meet my potential manager. I met with him, had a skype conversation with his manager and met with the COO all within a two week time frame. Each conversation was followed up with prompt and thorough feedback from their recruiter, Rachel.

All interviews felt more like a way to get to know me rather than finding ways to trip me up or find reasons not to hire me. I was intimidated at first at the thought of meeting the COO but was extremely pleasantly surprised with how personable Gina was.

There was a short assignment given at the end of the first interview, nothing scary but a quick way to find out what my style was.

Interview Question – What would your dream job be? This does not need to be realistic at all or have to do with the job you are currently interviewing for.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nitro

Worked for Nitro? Contribute to the Community!

Nitro Videos

Nitro – Why Work for Us?

At Nitro, we’re changing the way the world works with documents. From the desktop to the cloud, we make it easy to create, edit, share, sign and collaborate – online or offline. More than 400,000 businesses run Nitro… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nitro interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nitro employees and interview candidates.