Nixon Peabody

2.8

Legal Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nixon Peabody in August 2013.

Nice, bring your A game and expect questions consistent with your resume. Make sure you give them eye contact and come full of beans..and be bubbly...dress professional and wear a nice bag and shoe if you are a woman and a nice tie if you are a guy.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nixon Peabody in April 2010.

The interview was extremely informal. We mostly talked about what my future plans were, and why I would be interested in a paralegal position. Half of the time was spent describing the positions, and what the person leaving the position's experience had been and what the hiring manager was looking for in the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly tell me about you type questions, and highlight experiences from your resume.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nixon Peabody in March 2010.

Like most Design interviews, it took a couple hours. I came back twice, but I never heard back. For two years I didn't hear back. Yes. Years. I guess they weren't able to add the new position. But then they called me back for another interview two years later and gave me the job. One of the most intimidating women in the interview made me think we wouldn't get along, but she ended up being the best boss ever.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being validated?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you were challenged and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    I came in for contract work, and I was able to negotiate substantially higher than they offered originally. They are a law firm, so they underestimated the cost of a good designer. I think this is true for most companies.

Trust Department Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nixon Peabody in March 2008.

I went in on the morning of the interview and was taken in fairly quickly, interviewed with the VP, who then brought in some of the middle management. There were no technical questions asked, only behavioral, and the mood was fairly casual. The interview took about 30 minutes, and the offer was made at the end of the interview. You are expected to start the following week. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are IRAs, Roth IRAs, and Trust Funds: and what are the differences?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't really an option

Staff Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nixon Peabody.

phone interview, then interview with office administrator (typing, software tests), then panel interview with the entire group

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what are your greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc.   View Answer