Ford Motor
www.ford.com Dearborn, MI 5000+ Employees

Ford Motor LTS (Long Term Supplemental) Production Associate Interview Question

I interviewed in Dearborn, MI and was asked:
"No face to face contact for the hiring process"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a LTS (Long Term Supplemental) Production Associate Interview Review - one of 219 Ford Motor Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Don't do it. They lie to the Long Term Supplemental Employees voicing that if they work hard every day and show up on time and have a Excellent performance review you will be hired in. However, this is not the case in most situations (only if you know someone who is in the UAW.) If you are a good worker they will keep you for 7 months and lay you off as soon as you are eligible for health insurance; this is what happened with me. When spring returns they do call you back again but you have to start all over as if you have never worked at Ford before. Therefore, you have to work 7 months again to be eligible for health insurance and work for an entire year to get a raise. If you get laid off you start all over again at starting pay scale. The work is easy but boring and can be hard on your body and mind and the UAW treats LTS as 2nd class citizens. They pretend to be on your side but they are not but you still have to pay union dues (unless you chose not to now) but they know who doesn't pay and will make life difficult on those who don't pay.
- Interview Candidate on Mar 22, 2013 Flag Response
of 0
votes
I agree! Don't quit a job to be an LTS at FMC. They tell you if you work hard for 89 days they will hire you. This is not the case; actually the harder you work the more they take advantage if you. I was told I was an excellent worker and I would be hired on but this did not happen. I was able to get seven months in and qualify for insurance but was laid off. Also, the people that got hired in as an LTS after me and were laid off after their 89 days were actually hired in at sterling axle ( this building is allowed to 100% entry level employees). So, my hard worked only screwed me in the end literally. The work is hard on your body and you don't even get insurance. If you get sick you have to go to medical. If you have a fever they will send you home but you have to get a doctors note and without insurance it will end up costing you 300.00 just to be excused from work fir a day. To say the least, LTS have to work two days just to cover the out of pocket expense acquired by the doctor. You also have to pay union dyes and the committee men act like you are a bother to them... They dodge you in the plant to avoide having to lie more to us. The only group that got hired in were the LTS that had family in the UAW. I meet many people who have been LTS for 10 + years who were not hired in but the ones who worked for only a few months got hired because they knew someone. My advice is to stay far away from being an LTS.
- Anonymous on Apr 4, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ford Motor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ford Motor employees and interview candidates.