Noble Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Petrophysicist Interview

Senior Petrophysicist

Interviewed at Noble Energy

Interview Details – great, talked to many exciting people.

Negotiation Details – none, got what I wanted.

Construction Tech Interview

Construction Tech

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview Details – First went through screening questions before the interview was set up. Interview process was fairly quick. Over all went well. I was disappointed because I was told I would receive a call, but only received an automated email once the position was filled.

Interview Question – How have I handled a problem with a supervisor or upper management.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Geophysicist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview Details – I applied to Noble through ecareer and was offered an interview the following week since they were recruiting at my school during that time. The person that interviewed me was calm, cool and collect. He asked the usual questions that were based on my resume, and took his time to get to know about the details of my past research experiences. The overall interview was great!

Interview Question – I brought upon the most difficult question by asking a question about the logistics of the position that I was applying for, which was about the process of how business decisions were made in certain situations. Other than that everything else was casual.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview Details – Great environment. Answered all questions and concerns. Hiring manager was easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked questions that test knowledge of field and expertise.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Interview

Finance and Accounting

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview Details – Campus interview set up through the career center. The interview was all business and very formal with the typical interview questions being asked such as "Tell me about a time when you had to lead" or "what is your greatest strength". No way to read the interviewers emotions if they approved or disapproved of responses. Moved right along and lasted a 30-40 minutes. Told me they want someone who is going to following current procedures and not think outside of the box.

Interview Question – Tell me about an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Noble Energy

Interview Details – Initial contact was through a recruiter. Eventually, contact was direct with Noble Energy. After a phone screen, went to their office twice for two rounds of interviews. Overall, the hiring and interview process was open and fair.

Interview Question – The slightly unexpected thing was that after the second round of interviews and quickly hearing that an offer would be made, it took a week to receive the details. Not a big issue of course, but that just made the process a bit longer. Of course, these things can take a little time to get approved and such before being communicated.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Noble Energy in January 2013.

Interview Details – This interview was a very laid back and calm interview. Noble is interested in finding out more about you and your willingness to "get dirty" ... I say this because they believe that if you find someone willing to learn, you can teach them what they need!

Interview Question – I would say just being confident in yourself and your learning abilities.   Answer Question

Land Interview

Land
Canonsburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Noble Energy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with an HR person that knew nothing about land, passed off to a regional land manager, then land manager which seemed like a formality or a check on the list

Interview Question – What do you know about Noble?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not take the first offer the second offer was a bit more lucrative

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Noble Energy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Behavior questions

Interview Question – Describe you leadership   Answer Question

Corporate Support Interview

Corporate Support

I applied online - interviewed at Noble Energy in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received an invitation to a Virtual Interview that would be recorded and submitted. It is done by a company called Hire Vue. It is an interesting concept but lacks the interaction of an in person or a live interview. There were 8 questions. Each allowed 30 seconds to think and formulate your answer and three minutes for a response.

Interview Question – What was the accomplishment you are proudest of and why?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Noble Energy Videos

Noble Energy – Why Work for Us?

Noble Energy, Inc. is a leading independent energy company with a track record of success, a sound strategy for the future and a variety of unique and challenging careers. With a global scope and broad-based operations… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Energy interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Noble Energy employees and interview candidates.