Noble Energy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.5

Land Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

I applied through the my university career website. I scheduled an interview and there were two people there interviewing me. I was told that I nailed the first part of the interview, and should receive an email in the following weeks, but I never did. I also never followed up on it either, because they were more interested in recruiting Juniors for the position. So I figured they moved on from me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position ?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

They also asked a lot of getting to know you type questions based of your resume.

Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

I applied through my university career service and got an interview. By the time the career fair happened all interviews were filled. I went to their information session and basically knew everything about the company. The interview was behavioural questions, asked me about myself and my skills. Easy to answer questions, I even got to ask them some great questions. They were very impressed with me and seemed to really like me. Two weeks later I received an email that I got declined. If they didn't contact you soon after the interview you probably didn't get the internship

Summer Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Requested an interview through my school. The interview was standard. They gave me lots of opportunities to talk about myself and ask questions. I was able to move the interview in the direction I wanted it to go. The interview was very discussion based, more like a conversation with a few personality questions interspersed. They got back to me in about a week.

Interview Questions

• After they had asked if I had any questions (usually indicating the end of the interview) they asked about a time when there was a specific problem that only I could solve and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Easy breezy interview, mainly getting a feel for your attitude. Interviewers were quite earnest and straight forward, with the interview mainly a conversation. If chosen, there is a half-day follow up interview.

Procurement Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Noble Energy (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for several positions with Noble over a 1 month period. I wasn't contacted until about 3 months later. I don't think that was a result of their normal hiring process. I think there were changes going on with what thy wanted for the job positions. Regardless, I was asked to interview 1 week after being contacted and I interviewed with 3 people, all members of the procurement department. the interview lasted over an hour and I was asked a lot of questions about specific experiences. Tell us about a time where you.. fill in the blank.
    At the end of the interview they had me sit with the HR representative and go over basic benefit info. The next day they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really specific, my advice would be to write down lots of truthful stories that showcase your positive characteristics.. hardwork, leadership, management, problem solving, negotiation skills, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required. They offered me more than I had asked for. I was very pleased and excited to work for a company who "wants their employees to come into the company happy."

Senior Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

great, talked to many exciting people.

Negotiation

none, got what I wanted.

Construction Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

First went through screening questions before the interview was set up. Interview process was fairly quick. Over all went well. I was disappointed because I was told I would receive a call, but only received an automated email once the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled a problem with a supervisor or upper management.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

I applied to Noble through ecareer and was offered an interview the following week since they were recruiting at my school during that time. The person that interviewed me was calm, cool and collect. He asked the usual questions that were based on my resume, and took his time to get to know about the details of my past research experiences. The overall interview was great!

Interview Questions

• I brought upon the most difficult question by asking a question about the logistics of the position that I was applying for, which was about the process of how business decisions were made in certain situations. Other than that everything else was casual.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Great environment. Answered all questions and concerns. Hiring manager was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked questions that test knowledge of field and expertise.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Noble Energy.

Interview

Campus interview set up through the career center. The interview was all business and very formal with the typical interview questions being asked such as "Tell me about a time when you had to lead" or "what is your greatest strength". No way to read the interviewers emotions if they approved or disapproved of responses. Moved right along and lasted a 30-40 minutes. Told me they want someone who is going to following current procedures and not think outside of the box.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ambiguous situation you've been in and how you handled it?   Answer Question