Noblis

2.8

Telecom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Noblis in August 2014.

Much in accordance with the hiring process description posted on Nobles webpage, I experienced a clear thorough engagement process with relatively good timeframe adherence.

1. Applied online via job posting site. It had to have been a few weeks before I received a call back to schedule a phone interview.

2. Phone interview with recruiter

3. In person Panel interview with management team

4. Phone chat with HR

5. Offer

Activities 2 to 5 occurred over the course of 4 weeks with the usual professional courtesy exchanges.

Interview Questions
    • Task oriented question about how I would accomplish objectives in a very legislative bureaucratic environment.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Noblis in August 2014.

This was a very straight forward process. The original phone interview came from HR to describe the position and see how my background may fit the current project. We discussed many other opportunities within the company as well where my skills could also apply. HR staff was extremely courteous and friendly. I came in as one of 3 final candidates for face-to-face interviews. There were no cheesy questions about the type of tree I would be, only frank discussion about skills performed, professional history, and potential future with Noblis. I enjoyed this process very much.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all about me and my professional background. These were not difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    They're offer was fair, 10k lower than my expectation. We met in the middle.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Noblis in April 2014.

Applied online, was contacted in early spring to setup a phone interview. First talked to an HR rep, then he/she setup an interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager asked about my experiences and my background with technologies I would be using during the internship. Was then contacted again by the HR rep with an offer. Very quick process.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Noblis.

Contacted 1 month after submitting resume. Had a phone interview with a panel of 4-5 people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. The were some standard interview questions ("give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult person"; Where do you see yourself in five years". Most of the questions were directly related to my specific area of expertise.   Answer Question
    The offer was about 10% lower that my desired salary. I asked for a higher base salary but was informed they couldn't go higher. I was offered a sign up bonus instead.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Noblis.

Phone interview with HR followed by interview with potential project managers and colleagues. HR identified a project that would be suitable for my experiences and interests.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertained to my individual personal experience as well as my aspirations. Interviewers really just wanted to get a feel for who I was and where I wanted to be.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Noblis in August 2013.

I was initially referred by a current employee.

The first step was a phone interview with personnel from various groups. The phone interview was very standard (what the company does, what are you interested in, etc.). No technical questions.

The next step was a visit to the campus. I was asked to give a 45 minute talk on a topic of my choice. The talk was held in front of an audience of approximately 20-25 people. After the talk I had a more formal interview with a small group. The majority of questions asked during this time were related to how I could apply my background to challenges the company faces. Nothing overly difficult, but not simple. During this time I was also given a tour of the building. The work environment felt very modern and inviting, and most of the people I met with seemed genuinely happy to be there. At the end of the day I met with HR, who provided significant insight to the area and tips on relocation.

Though an effort was made to get me out before rush hour (perhaps not to sour on traffic on the beltway?), by the time I was finished the congestion started filling up.

After the interview, I was asked to complete a formal application. An offer was extended about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Relating personal technical experiences to current challenges faced. Difficult as it is asked on the spot.   Answer Question
    Offer was formally made about a month after the interview. It was non-negotiable, but competitive.

Business Analyst Interview

On site interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were detailed and geared towards both the position and the personal benefit I would bring to the company.   Answer Question

Proposal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Noblis in March 2011.

Several interactions -- several by phone, followed by meetings in person. The meetings were one-on one. I was known to several in the firm from other work, and there were a lot of backroom discussions about the area of new business that I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were operationally difficult. The difficulty was answering them in a way that would stimulate their thoughts without being "off-putting".   View Answer

They were not competitive. Their expenses were higher than their competitors, their salaries were high. They had plenty of high-level staff, but few quality staff at the working [junior] levels. They had a lot of good ideas, but they didn't have the energy to do the work to develop the ideas -- they were lazy, and were a huge frustration to those few who wanted to develop new business.

There seemed to be cliques and a lot of backroom politics. There were no staff within the firm with my area of expertise, but everyone I spoke with had firm ideas about the subject -- many of which were naive. Generally, the senior staff had a very poor business background -- they didn't know much about business or finance.

Software Developer Interview

interviewed at Noblis in May 2010.

Recruiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. The technical team asked challenging questions. It's clear they have high standards. I learned a lot about Noblis, the job and the environment.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Noblis in June 2008.

Initially called by the recruiter who asked for a one on one with her and a company VP. The job was to lead a proposal effort with myself as the contingency PM if we were successful.

Interview Questions
    • (After reading the RFP and researching the company) What did I think of the company's ability to compete for this work?   View Answer

Company did not have the depth to be competitive and did not wish to team with other industry resources. They were not well capitalized (according to my research).