Nokia Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through the employee referal.Interview process took a Day. It had coding round. Where you have to write the functions for the given specification.It has two sections Java Language and Algorithms.You will have 5 programs to be completed in 90 minutes. To get selected You have to atleast answer 3 correctly.They had their own IDE. where you have to compile and test the program.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly about Threads,Exception handling, Collections and some logical programs.   Answer Question

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

It is not going to be an easy thing. If you are offered a job, it means you are really good at something.
    1 Telephonic round
    1 Technical rounds
    *1 Stress interview / logical / analytical skills (optional, but in my case it was)
    1 Manager round
    1 HR Discussion

If you clear technical round in impressive fashion, you might have stress round to check if this candidate worth higher designation.

Interview Questions

• Few people didn't go through this
      It might not be all that difficult in terms of questions but it definitely need presence of mind. Interviewer sometime gets really really aggressive and will discourage you to see how you cope up with the situation.

Sum of all the angles in Triangle. Prove it.
      Angle between two parallel lines. Prove it.
      Sum of arithmetic series and many more 10th std algebra and geometry questions.
      I don't even like you. If you are good at presentation, prove it to me.
      many many more...

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied on there site, cv got selected , had a Telephonic Round, and then got call from HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied through one of the job posting in job sites, recruiter given me call back and fixed the time for discussion with manager.
    Discussion with manager is around the past professional expertise. Interview was good as discussion i around different challenges that comes while developing applications and what solutions had been taken to rectified them.

When i asked the feedback from recruiter she never turned up. As a mature professional i appreciate negative feedback also.

Interview Questions

• Which is bet UI library you have used in different project.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewing process is long drawn, Nokia HR going for an hibernation during the period between interviews before communicating the outcome (take an average 10+ days). Underwent 2 telephonic tech interviews, then 2 panel interviews (each having a gap of atleast 10-15 days). Very unprofessional HR managers lacking basic etiquette of calling the candidates promptly or planning multiple interviews together. You can make out unrest in the company. Totally not recommended if you have a stable career already.

Interview Questions

• Create a data structure having a key and multiple value pairing without using any inbuilt java collections.   1 Answer
    • Outline how to create a custom messaging queue service from scratch.   1 Answer

HR manager I was in touch with me, offered something to me and quit Nokia in the meanwhile. After his exit the other HR manager offered much reduced salary package, stating miscommunication by the former. Now I know why Nokia is struggling. Apart from this the people who interviewed me looked unhappy and somehow their body language conveyed unrest within the organisation.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was moderately difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are the different methods to search a binary tree? Some applications of each of them...   2 Answers

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

There are 4 rounds of interview each round technical and skill test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ITs there. If you are good in this then you will get what u want