Nokia

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in November 2013.

1phone call and 2 onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • asked mostly about data structures and java related questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia in October 2013.

They contacted me after we talked briefly at a job fair. They were pleasant and after a brief conversation asked to schedule an in person interview. I drove down to their Burlington, MA location, and they saw me promptly. The interview itself was with four people; all software engineers and software architects. They asked me 4 main questions, most of which led to offshoot discussions. They started the interview off with a logic puzzle type question. After that it seemed they had a long list of questions, but they asked at what point I was at in my schooling and which classes I had taken; then asked all further questions based on my answers. i felt what they did ask was relevant to my schooling, and all of them were incredibly pleasant and helped me work through the answers when I wasn't sure.

Interview Questions
    • The logic question at the beginning. The question was, "You're in a room with 3 switches. In the next room over are 3 lights. You can't see the lights in the next room. You can flip the switches as many times as you'd like, but you can only have one on at a time. How can you tell which light goes to which switch?"   View Answer

About a half hour before they made me an offer, my first choice company had called and made me an offer.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia in June 2011.

I was interviewed by five different people that would've been my peers. Except for the initial disucssion with the business manager, the interview teams seemed to lack any real training or preparation in interviewing and the questions seemed haphazard and disorganized. I felt like they were going through the motions of interviewing and that another candidate had already been picked.

The interviewers seemed beaten, tired and lacking energy. A common question that was asked was about how I handled conflict management.

I got a bad feeling about the Nokia given the low energy of the group, and the common question about conflict management.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflicts? What is your style of conflict management?   Answer Question

Principal/Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nokia in March 2010.

Initial phone screens consisted of general review of past projects, technologies, etc. that seemed related to the job description. Followed up with in-person interview with two different groups and two different interviewing styles.

The first group was much more data structure and algorithm oriented. Big "O" questions, recursive algorithms, tree search (depth and breadth) , etc. done at the whiteboard. Professional but adversarial feel to these interviews.

The second group was much more "experience" oriented. Concentrated on the what/how/why questions of previous projects. Still did some whiteboard work, but mostly for design/implementation diagrams. Professional and much less adversarial than former group. Got the feeling they were much more interested in hiring smart people that could adapt to change.

Interview Questions
    • Write recursive breath and depth tree listing methods. Constraints were no use of explicit arrays, queues, etc.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because the salary and work environment was better than previous position. I took the job with the second group basically because of the group dynamics.