Nokia Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called to setup a face-to-face interview after meeting with some recruiters at a university career fair two months earlier and submitting an application online. Interview was 3-to-1, fairly easy behaviorial questions (there aren't any technical), the atmosphere was calm and the interviewers were friendly. Two guys were older employees and the third was a new hire that had been working there for about two months. After the interview, they talked about what I could expect on the job, travel, different teams, etc. As a bonus, I got invited to stick around after a tour of the labs and the building to attend a company social that was occurring that day to meet some of my possible coworkers and to get a feel of what my work environment would be like. Everything happened fairly quickly, after the interview I got feedback the next day from the recruiter. HR sent me a bunch of pre-screening forms (background check, drug test) and applications. Within a week I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• All behaviorial, just prepare to talk about yourself, look over the typical questions and you'll do great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. I got pretty much what I asked for.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a 4 on 1 interview on location. The questions were soft skills. It was really relaxed and everyone was very nice. Be prepared to talk about yourself and ask questions. They seemed to like engaging questions.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by 3-4 people on separate occasions. It took them nearly 3 months to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. It was the basic interview. My hiring boss did ask some creative idea type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were willing to negotiate on vacation days

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They just ask you some personality questions to see if you are good fit. Mine was a skype interview so 3 people were in a room asking me some generic interview questions. This was not a test of your knowledge by any means. They didn't seem to care if you knew pretty much anything as to how telecom networks work.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through a phone interview first and then got a second in person I interview. The phone interview was technical but the in person interview was way more technical. I was always answering questions on the board about different circuits and they asked me questions about Smith charts as well.

Interview Questions

• Frequency response of different electronic components.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

They had contact me for a phone interview. Two people interviewed me for about 30 minutes.Completely technical. Asked me questions related to my RF projects. They took a lot of time to inform their decision.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview based on project and industry experience, pretty laid. On site interview involved Case interviewing style (consulting type interviewing) with the entire management team. They are looking for experience professionals and people that can work through challenging situations with solid business logic.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a project you had success in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate higher than initial offer, they are willing to work with you to get close to your historical compensation range.

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call first and was selected the very same day and scheduled an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of two technical interviews and one HR interview. The technical interview was 2:1 and questions were asked related to my previous job and RF transceiver design. Be prepared with LNA design and PA design along with entire Receiver design theory.

Interview Questions

• There was a question on BJT working and design   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

It was easy, conceptual related, questing were related to my current and past employers and technologies

got better offer