Nokia

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nokia in January 2007.

Interview Details – Overall the interview was very comprehensive. It lasted several days as meetings with a number of people had to be arranged. Unfortunately they could not all be accomplished on one or two days. Questions ranged from personal to experience as well as explanation of the basic working of a GSM network

Interview Question – Described the internal workings of a GSM Network   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in June 2009.

Interview Details – (2) interviewers at a time with 3 or 4 waves; 3-4 hr interview total. One will be an HR representative and one will be the hiring manager. The rest of the interviewers will consist of actual employees of that position. Be prepared to answer technical and behavioural questions depending on the position applied for.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come work here?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nokia in May 2010.

Interview Details – normal process, everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Question – what's you current income   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nokia in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 technical rounds. Both went around 2-3 hrs long. 1 round HR interview for an hr. Then met director & offer letter was given the next day.

Everyone here is technical (including code!), except for managers, who are technology aware. Work culture is quite good. A lot of flexibility & empowerment is given to the teams. Flexible timings, work from home, work-life balance are well taken care of

Interview Question – None. Interview questions revolved around what I knew & what i could contribute if hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Co std was good enough.

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in July 2007.

Interview Details – First there was a written test (HR emailed me the test and I had to respond back within 24 hrs).
Within 2 days HR called and scheduled a 30 min Phone Interview with a tech lead. Purely technical, straight forward questions and upto the point. Didn't waste any time. 3 days later, HR called again and scheduled in-person interview at the job site. 1:1 interview was with 4 people. 2 were fully technical, 1 was with the hiring mgr which was technical and about what they did, etc and last one was more of business side only.
Tech Questions overlapped a bit. So if you made a mistake with one, you could always correct it with the next one :)

Came home and got the offer the following day. Then they had the background check done which took almost a month.

Interview Question – Difference between TCP and UDP   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have much room for negotiation. They only agreed to pay a sign-on bonus of 5K that I had to repay my old employer for quitting within a year.

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!