Nokia

www.nokia.com
  www.nokia.com

Nokia Interview Questions in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia.

- After applying, got an application form to fill about my university courses. Then was invited to a full assessment day.
    - Assessment day included briefing by HR and hiring manager (one hour), technical interview (one hour), HR interview (half hour) and a group exercise (one hour)
    - Tech interview had a set of questions on paper about smith chart, gain stages, multi strip lines and layout. Also, was asked about CV and background.
    - Given an offer after a week

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions really. Nothing to catch you off-guard   Answer Question
    No negotiation as offer was what I had asked for.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia.

Telephone interview, competency based interview, met with Director informal chat about role and my aspirations. Then formal presentation and group panel interview. The group interview drilled down into sales methodologies and deal flow experience and exposure to mobile operators.

Interview Questions
    • The final phase was tough, needed to prepare intensively on subject matter.   Answer Question
    no movement

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

4 hour interview:
    1 Hour with team leader/direct manager
    1 hour coding test
    1 hour with HR Representative and Line Manager

Interview Questions
    Harsh, I talked up the salary they offered, but not to the level that would have been truly competitive (Other benefits made it more competitive)

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Round 1 - Face to Face with hiring manager and peer level manager

After my CV was presented to the client I was invited to have a F2F with the hiring manager and a peer level manager in a similar/same role.
    Interview location WAS NOT where location where role would be based.

1) Smalltalk
    So from where were you traveling from this morning?
    How far is that?
    Did you go by train or car?

2) Questions regarding my life, introduction and my personal summary of my CV
    I gave an introduction about my career results, aspirations and goals.

What is the ideal job you would like to be in?
    What is your biggest accomplishment so far?

What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?
    How was your work experience at Apple? (Everybody seems to ask this question these days...)
    If you would have the choice - would you prefer a permanent role or a contract/interim role? (role interviewed was perm)
    How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?

Do you have any questions for us?

Round 2 - phone interview with peer level manager (his focus is channel marketing, distribution, retail)

Do you like Windows Phone?
    What is the strongest value you would bring into the team?
    You have many program/project management roles on your resume - is this an area you would prefer to work in?
    What, in your opinion, is the biggest issue in mobile operator (carrier) marketing these days (rephrased later to: What do you think is important from an operator/carrier perspective?
    How can a vendor (like Nokia) create long-term relationships with operators (carriers)?

Environment:

Office
    Large amount of hotdesks
    Culturally diverse environment
    International atmosphere including global travel

Work:
    Recognized brand and office is branded
    Free coffee/juices in office area
    Kitchen equipment can be used by staff (free, but no free food)

Interview Questions
    • Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position?   View Answer
    • What is the ideal job you would like to be in?   View Answer
    • What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?   View Answer
    • What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management?   Answer Question
    • How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?   Answer Question

- I don't believe in the product and/or the marketing approach the company is taking.
    - I wasn't happy with the compensation.
    - I realized there is more regional travel involved than expected.
    - I didn't like the size of operations in that team/department/business unit.

Global Product Portfolio Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia in December 2010.

1st interview: A phone interview with the direct line manager. Basic questions about work experience and then behavioural questions. Emphasis on how to deal with international people in challenging work related situations.

2nd interview: A face to face interview with the director leading the team. Very informal and more of a discussion about the company and the role rather than a screening of relevant skills and experience.

Received an offer two weeks after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a virtual team of marketing managers who are all based in different countries? Major challenges? What could go wrong? How would you prevent things going wrong?   Answer Question
    I asked a 15% base pay increase. Didn't get it but got a car benefit instead (which taken in money roughly equalled 15% pay increase).

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia in April 2008.

The procedure was pretty simple. Direct application via the company website, followed by a face to face interview with the prospective team leader and a member of his team.
    In the interview we went through a few basic technical questions, covering knowledge of programming languages and some software design principles.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a flow chart to demonstrate how a code entry system could work.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all