Nokia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Interview

Legal
Espoo (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – I was contacted first by phone and an interview was scheduled for some weeks after. The interview is with HR people, manager and colleagues - all at the same time. They put me at easy and were really nice and informal. Questions are the usual interview stuff, nothing very challeging. I also had to take some SHL tests online. They got back to me with detailed feedback very soon afterwards.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, they didn't test my legal knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Espoo (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – Internal process that I used. I applied online and they asked my CV and application. After that two interview sessions. If you meet the expectations, manager will arrange an interview. Success is also based on personal feeling by interviewer. Anyway very professional and hiring manager was making the decision. In some cases also HR Manager is involved.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were related to the context and way of working. Most difficult questions were related How I would manage and organize this and that. Also one interesting question set I found difficult: I needed to choose between two options.   View Answer

Thesis Worker Interview

Thesis Worker
Espoo (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was called by my hiring manager a few weeks later. He asked me to come to an interview a few days later. The atmosphere was good and the interview itself was more of an introduction into the tasks. I think the decision about hiring was already made, I was there just to make sure that I was what I had claimed in the application. I was asked to submit a sample of my writing skills in English and soon after I did so, the manager called again to let me know that I had been selected and told me I could start in a few weeks' time.

Interview Question – What do you think is your best achievement in life so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't want to negotiate as the offer was so good.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – The hiring was a combination of multiple exercises, both written and verbal. The first one was a written test to test aptitude. It was followed by two rounds of interviews

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as such   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Salo, Western Finland (Finland)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was already at site working as external consultant. My interview was pretty informal and we didn't discuss much about technical stuff since they knew me.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in two years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just salary was negotiated, try going as high as you can since getting a raise is difficult at Nokia.

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – Process was quite efficient: 4 interviews over space of about 3 weeks. Combination of HR (initially), then phone and Face-to-Face. Interview was relaxed but professional, with very relevant questions to the role, and obviously the need to back up answers with relevant experience examples and also opinions.

On downside, feedback when unsuccessful was missing although asked

Interview Question – Explaining how would present business case to Executive Management using a hypothetical situation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Oulu (Finland)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nokia in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring was done in professional style. We were evaluated by psychologists.

Interview Question – Where will you be five years from now?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Helsinki, Western Finland (Finland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – Not much technical. Was easy and resume matters most

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Nokia   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate

Head Social Support & Knowledge Management Interview

Head Social Support & Knowledge Management
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nokia in February 2012.

Interview Details – Typical Nokia interview. I've worked for the company for over 10 years. The area of responsibilty, makeup of the organization, and key goals were shared. Questions consisted of background, qualifications and experience for the job, and requests to give some examples of actions I would take in leading the area and how I would approach fufilling the next 6 month goals. Behavioral interviewing forvsure.

Interview Questions

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Tampere (Finland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was carried by my previous manager so it went through smoothly.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!