Nokia Interview Questions in Finland

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Interview with R&D header and line manager. For senior interviewee, they did not only focus on technique, they prefer to ask question about the operating method, and how to handle and resolve problem. there are some question about leadership.

Negotiation

can not be negotiate.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Espoo (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Espoo (Finland)).

Interview

I was contacted first by phone and an interview was scheduled for some weeks after. The interview is with HR people, manager and colleagues - all at the same time. They put me at easy and were really nice and informal. Questions are the usual interview stuff, nothing very challeging. I also had to take some SHL tests online. They got back to me with detailed feedback very soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult, they didn't test my legal knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Espoo (Finland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia (Espoo (Finland)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• was contacted first by phone and an interview was scheduled for some weeks after. The interview is with HR people, manager and colleagues - all at the same time. They put me at easy and were really nice and informal. Questions are the usual interview stuff, nothing very challeging. I also had to take some SHL tests online. They got back to me with detailed feedback very soon afterwards.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Espoo (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Espoo (Finland)).

Interview

Internal process that I used. I applied online and they asked my CV and application. After that two interview sessions. If you meet the expectations, manager will arrange an interview. Success is also based on personal feeling by interviewer. Anyway very professional and hiring manager was making the decision. In some cases also HR Manager is involved.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to the context and way of working. Most difficult questions were related How I would manage and organize this and that. Also one interesting question set I found difficult: I needed to choose between two options.   1 Answer

Thesis Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Espoo (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Espoo (Finland)).

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called by my hiring manager a few weeks later. He asked me to come to an interview a few days later. The atmosphere was good and the interview itself was more of an introduction into the tasks. I think the decision about hiring was already made, I was there just to make sure that I was what I had claimed in the application. I was asked to submit a sample of my writing skills in English and soon after I did so, the manager called again to let me know that I had been selected and told me I could start in a few weeks' time.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your best achievement in life so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't want to negotiate as the offer was so good.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring was a combination of multiple exercises, both written and verbal. The first one was a written test to test aptitude. It was followed by two rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

Interview

2 interviews: intial screening, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• questions regrading bit manipulation and code optimsation( some algorithms)   1 Answer

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oulu (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Oulu (Finland)).

Interview

Applied for SW Engineer position. I got a phone call inviting me for an interview at their premises. Arrived at the office early and the recruiting supervisor came to meet me before the agreed start time, so I would suggest don't be late. Interview was very casual, they offered coffee and bun so that was nice. After short introductions, people there and what they do, it was time for me to give a short summary of my previous career. They already had read my CV, so they already knew what I had done before so I didn't have to go into details that was nice. Then they asked some C/C++ questions that were pretty basic stuff. There can also be a written C test, so be prepared for some bit shifting calculations, but no algorithms or anything complex. After the test, we chatted a while in English about my hobbies (otherwise interview was in Finnish). They asked what's my salary request and then the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Maybe the C test was the most challenging, there were some tricky questions there.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Process was quite efficient: 4 interviews over space of about 3 weeks. Combination of HR (initially), then phone and Face-to-Face. Interview was relaxed but professional, with very relevant questions to the role, and obviously the need to back up answers with relevant experience examples and also opinions. On downside, feedback when unsuccessful was missing although asked

Interview Questions

• Explaining how would present business case to Executive Management using a hypothetical situation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Western Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Helsinki, Western Finland (Finland)).

Interview

Not much technical. Was easy and resume matters most

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate