Nokia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior (Qt/QML/Linux) Engineer Interview

Senior (Qt/QML/Linux) Engineer
Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nokia in October 2013.

Interview Details – I have applied after 3 week got a call from them to arrange a phone interview.
then I have been invited to on site interview. for 5 interviews each one was an hour.
It was good.

Interview Question – To write an algorithm to solve a math equation   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – At first there are two to three phone interviews and afterwards there is an on-site day with several interviews (7 hours). During the on-site day your new team will ask you some questions to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Machine learning questions   Answer Question

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – I had applied for a position through LinkedIn. I have been contacted by one of the recruiters for codility test, after which I had an 1 hr phone call with the business owner of the team. After this I was invited to the onsite interview where I had 5 interview sessions with different people, 45-60 min in length.

Interview Question – Why sqrt(n) is the max number you check when deciding if prime   View Answer

Design Researcher Interview

Design Researcher

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – was contacted by email after 2 months I had applied online from the HR person. I first had a 30 min background interview with HR, followed by another phone interview by the team manager for the responsible position. I was asked to do a task and present it via Skype after 1 week. then finally was invited on site for a full day of interviews (6).
The process was quite long, but people were quite nice and casual.

Interview Question – What is the value that you think you'll bring in the company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – The interview took place in Berlin. The written interview questions were full of spelling mistakes. They didn't even bother to respond/give notice after weeks. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – The questions were ok/easy.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Berlin (Germany)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – A lot about datastructures (stacks, queues, binary trees). Asked to give several different search strategies and to give the complexity of each. Write some code to print out the nodes in a tree. Given a code sample, asked what the output was. Some generic logic questions (given 2 circles in the plane, write a function to see if they intersect).

Interview Question – I was asked to draw how a class, and two subclasses were stored on the disk.   View Answers (2)

Information Retrieval Expert Interview

Information Retrieval Expert
Berlin (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nokia in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: personal technical, personal search skills, human skills.

The process felt slow and chaotic.

In general, I find asking candidates questions about programming and expecting to know everything by heart is not very inspiring, and can not judge talent, unless it is about dead end programming jobs. The job description did not fit the interview content.

Interview Question – Level 2 cache operations influenced by java collections.   View Answer

Customer Acceptance Manager Interview

Customer Acceptance Manager
Ulm, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in February 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by requiter after online application was send few weeks later. After the Good news to be a candidate a date and time for an interview was agreed. In the interview the recruiter, my Line Manager and two of the regional Managers were present. After more than two hours of Q/A we have finished the interview.
One week later I got the information that I am the chosen candidate, they send me an offer about my salary which I have accepted and have send back to the company. I have started my work two month later in the agreed date.

Ulm, Baden-Wurttemberg (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, than phone interview with hiring manager. After this, I was invited to on-site interview and asked to pass on-line personality test.

On-site interview consisted of four parts (one hour each):
1. Hiring Manager interview/OPQ
2. General SW competences
3. Technical expert interview
4. Brainteaser

Interviewers were very kind and supportive. I didn't experience any tension during the interview.

About 10 days later I got final decision (an offer, in my case).

All travel costs (I was traveling from Ukraine to Germany) were paid by Nokia.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Neu-Ulm (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nokia in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview in Finland and then face to face interview in Germany.There we have 4 hrs interview with Manager , HR person , Team Lead and Project Lead. Ther were technical question , Puzzle round and then there were HR releated situational questions

Interview Question – Puzzle questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not satisfied with the Position as well as pay offered

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!