Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

-Phone interview
    -Personal interview
    -Panel interview
    -Lunch with the team
    -Review of portfolio.
    -Meeting with upper management of the site.
    I was offer a temporary position until they had a head count opening. I was hire full time one year later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not difficult.

Architect Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about a week and a half later. It was a panel interview with two interviewers. They went over my resume and asked a few technical questions. About a week later, I was given another interview but this time it was face-to-face. It

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone screen, in person interview, offer. It took a little time from when I had applied to when I heard from them. After that it was pretty quick. Phone interview on day and then they set up an in person interview for the next week. Offer came a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They had a bunch of brain teaser type questions like if you are in a lake on a boat with a rock and you throw the rock in the water, what will happen to the water level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Phone Interview about technical stuff and projects worked on. Started off talking about phones and what can be improved. Make sure you are thinking outside the box and be prepared to answer scenario questions relative to your major.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Was approached by recruiter a week after applying online. Set up an interview, then the hiring manager. Everyone seemed nice enough. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was invited on-site at the Chicago HQ.

The interview was okay, nothing really unexpected. But one of the interviewers started talking a conflict he had with another co-worker and that they were the position opened up... awkward.

After that, complete silence for 2 weeks. Finally, after multiple e-mails to the recruiter, he said something like they wanted someone with "better presentation skills". Not sure what to make of that. He also said no-one else was hired despite many people interviewing.

I'm not sure what they're trying to do out there. But just "scoping the market" and wasting people's time without a follow-up of any kind is extremely unprofessional. Awful experience

Interview Questions

• nothing technical or unexpected   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in May 2014.

Interview

I felt like the whole process was very smooth. It took roughly 2 weeks. First I received a call from one of the representative asking basic background question then he schedule a panel interview the following week. There were 3 engineers and one HR person in the room. Everyone was very casual and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• One technical question that I remembered was that they asked me to explain the physical process of how our phone transfer data (our voice) to another phone.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process usually consists of a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Decision takes about 3 to 4 weeks depending on the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just asked about projects listed on my Resume. Be confident.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Process started as with any company basic screening by Human Resources. Deeper dive around key responsibilities for the position covered in secondary interviews with two separate potential peers. Direct and level up management interviews followed. Offer presented by HR 3 days after final interview with no negotiation possible.

Interview Questions

• How will you solve X problem. While some basic information was presented for the current challenge, it was in broad strokes that were too open to draw a specific course of action. When asking for additional information none was available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation policy for that group.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

You will talk to HR and then later to a hiring manager. The interview will be drastically different based on the position and the hiring manager. Personality and past experience will be most important factors. I havent heard of any sort of testing but possibly for a developer type position.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

it done by an Agency who is responsible for hiring, in every country Nokia hast this contributing to recruit

Interview Questions

• Not Hard-just self believe and be technical are enough   Answer Question