Nokia

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

Architect Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about a week and a half later. It was a panel interview with two interviewers. They went over my resume and asked a few technical questions. About a week later, I was given another interview but this time it was face-to-face. It

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia.

Phone screen, in person interview, offer. It took a little time from when I had applied to when I heard from them. After that it was pretty quick. Phone interview on day and then they set up an in person interview for the next week. Offer came a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • They had a bunch of brain teaser type questions like if you are in a lake on a boat with a rock and you throw the rock in the water, what will happen to the water level.   View Answer
    Non negotiable

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nokia.

Phone Interview about technical stuff and projects worked on. Started off talking about phones and what can be improved. Make sure you are thinking outside the box and be prepared to answer scenario questions relative to your major.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia in May 2014.

Was approached by recruiter a week after applying online. Set up an interview, then the hiring manager. Everyone seemed nice enough. After speaking with the hiring manager, I was invited on-site at the Chicago HQ.

The interview was okay, nothing really unexpected. But one of the interviewers started talking a conflict he had with another co-worker and that they were the position opened up... awkward.

After that, complete silence for 2 weeks. Finally, after multiple e-mails to the recruiter, he said something like they wanted someone with "better presentation skills". Not sure what to make of that. He also said no-one else was hired despite many people interviewing.

I'm not sure what they're trying to do out there. But just "scoping the market" and wasting people's time without a follow-up of any kind is extremely unprofessional. Awful experience

Intern Interview

Interview process usually consists of a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Decision takes about 3 to 4 weeks depending on the position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just asked about projects listed on my Resume. Be confident.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Process started as with any company basic screening by Human Resources. Deeper dive around key responsibilities for the position covered in secondary interviews with two separate potential peers. Direct and level up management interviews followed. Offer presented by HR 3 days after final interview with no negotiation possible.

Interview Questions
    • How will you solve X problem. While some basic information was presented for the current challenge, it was in broad strokes that were too open to draw a specific course of action. When asking for additional information none was available.   View Answer
    No negotiation policy for that group.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

You will talk to HR and then later to a hiring manager. The interview will be drastically different based on the position and the hiring manager. Personality and past experience will be most important factors. I havent heard of any sort of testing but possibly for a developer type position.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia.

it done by an Agency who is responsible for hiring, in every country Nokia hast this contributing to recruit

Interview Questions
    • Not Hard-just self believe and be technical are enough   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia in January 2014.

Initial Phone Screen: 2 weeks after application submitted
    Phone Interview with would-be supervisor
    Onsite Interview: with four senior managers

Follow-up: None. No email, phone call, or contact after in-person interview. No reimbursement for expenses incurred to travel and stay for onsite interview ($400+).

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Dialogue: Despite having gone through two phone screenings where I was told that my qualifications were extremely unique and very well-suited to the position, one of the senior managers interviewing me onsite used the interview time to tell me that I was not qualified for the position and accused me of lying on my resume. Additionally, he argued with me over each answer I gave to a question, even if the question/answer was opinion-based. (Example: Name a product you love and an improvement you'd make right away. When I answered, I was told that my "improvement" was wrong even though the interviewer had not heard of the product in my example.)

Unexpected Administrative Behavior: When the onsite interview was set-up, I was told that I'd be required to pay for my travel expenses and hotel up-front and that during my onsite interview, I'd be given reimbursement forms to fill-out and submit.
           *No forms were issued during my interview, so I had to follow-up with an email request.
           *I submitted the forms to the HR Assistant who set-up the onsite interview.
           *When I did not hear back from the HR Assistant or receive a reimbursement check after several weeks, I emailed to check on the status. Email bounced back, "user unknown".
           *When I emailed the HR Lead to check on the reimbursement status after email bounce-back, I received no response.
           *I still have not received a reimbursement check (over 2 months since onsite interview).

Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia.

I was interviewed by 3-4 people on separate occasions. It took them nearly 3 months to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. It was the basic interview. My hiring boss did ask some creative idea type questions.   Answer Question
    There were willing to negotiate on vacation days