Nokia Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Initial phone interview, followed by a in-person interview. It took a week to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most question were not technical, rather behavioral or logical.   Answer Question

Software Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Applied at school job fair. Got a phone screen first, then an on-site interview with a group of about 8 potential interns. They had C/C++ tests, behavioral questions. Got selected within a week of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The C/C++ test. At the time, it was like a college midterm.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

find opening postion using job search tool to submit all personal information such as work experience, education history. 1st did the phone interview then move to face to fae interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's probably about introducing personal history with some critical situation to see how I try to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in November 2013.

1phone call and 2 onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • asked mostly about data structures and java related questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Phone interviews and then on-site interview.

Fair

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia in October 2013.

They contacted me after we talked briefly at a job fair. They were pleasant and after a brief conversation asked to schedule an in person interview. I drove down to their Burlington, MA location, and they saw me promptly. The interview itself was with four people; all software engineers and software architects. They asked me 4 main questions, most of which led to offshoot discussions. They started the interview off with a logic puzzle type question. After that it seemed they had a long list of questions, but they asked at what point I was at in my schooling and which classes I had taken; then asked all further questions based on my answers. i felt what they did ask was relevant to my schooling, and all of them were incredibly pleasant and helped me work through the answers when I wasn't sure.

Interview Questions
    • The logic question at the beginning. The question was, "You're in a room with 3 switches. In the next room over are 3 lights. You can't see the lights in the next room. You can flip the switches as many times as you'd like, but you can only have one on at a time. How can you tell which light goes to which switch?"   View Answer

About a half hour before they made me an offer, my first choice company had called and made me an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

2 phone screenings (30 min each)
    on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long)

Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Questions
    They gave what i asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Junior Simulations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia in July 2013.

Spoke with 6 people, in 3 groups. Interview went well in most groups. There was a lot of technical questions, which I should have prepaired for a little more! Though some questions were downright pointless, see below.

Interview Questions
    • Why are manhole covers round? How many meter maids are in New York City?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

1. Sent email.
    2. Received response with 4 questions; I sent responses.
    3. Called in for face to face which I nailed.
    4. Received email 2 weeks later saying I was being offer employment but their legal team found a conflict of interest. (because i have a personal project i do for my skill improvement).

Issue: Being in the tech industry I have a side personal project for personal growth as of today, as many tech people do, and I told them about it, biggest mistake. Their legal team rejected employment for having this project without speaking to me or even taking to time to see if there is a conflict. The project has nothing to do with Nokia yet employment was rejected. Just shows a company that is so full of itself and legal teams who are far off from reality where a tech person in today's industry cannot do a side project to improve their skill when it has nothing to do with their business. What this tells me: Nokia wants slave employees who will only work for them and not do anything outside work or be passionate about technology. Other companies I interview with take the time to actually validate if there is a conflict and almost always the answer is no conflict. I was shocked by their legal team's decision.

Advice to Nokia: Hire smart legal experts who understand the tech industry. If you reject people because of side projects you will never grow into a quality company like Apple or Google where employees do side projects and thus increase work place contribution.