Nokia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Quality Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nokia in September 2012.

Interview Details – 4-5 people perform the interview. Normally it is a line manager, HR and couple representatives of the team(QA in my case). Line manager talks about general things such as behavior, methodologies etc. HR talks about compensation etc. QA people will go hard on the experience. Most likely one will have good mobile app experience, another will be server side guy, third - automated testing

Interview Question – Mobile app guy will give an example of a piece of functionality and will ask to collaborate with him on creating test strategy for that feature   View Answer

Negotiation Details – be reasonable

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – Phone interviews and then on-site interview.

Negotiation Details – Fair

Very Difficult Interview

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Senior R&D Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen, Fill out forms on web (they require current salary in form. put in $1.00 and tell HR rep "I don't give out that information... Here is what I want") Finally on site interview panel and then about 1-2 weeks before offer. Panel can be very tough.

Interview Question – Be ready to code on the black board. Be ready to talk about your past accomplishments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short.

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy. Went through a recruiter, interviewed directly with hiring manager. Great experience, 4 years ago.

Interview Question – Technical evaluation was in-depth. Made you have to think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Lead Mechanical Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in January 2012.

Interview Details – They had two low level engineers interview me and ask me brain teaser questions. I think I answered them all correctly and did a good job. I was able to have a good organic lunch while at the facility. I liked the location and the interview room had a nice temperature.

Interview Question – What is my favorite time of the day?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – 2 phone screenings (30 min each)
on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long)

Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Question – solving coding problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave what i asked for.

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Interview Details – Short - less an interview than a vetting process

Interview Question – No real questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Interview Question – What is polymorphism   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nokia in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of interviews with lower level employees then progressed to management and directors. Very relaxed atmosphere during interview and I was made to feel at ease. I applied for other positions within Nokia, and they don't communicate back unless you are called in for interview, so you never know the status of your application.

Interview Question – If sent to a foreign country/culture for business, how would you adapt?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not receptive to negotiations

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in December 2009.

Interview Details – 5-6 rounds of interviews with peers, superiors and executives

Interview Question – na   Answer Question