Nokia

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.9

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in December 2011.

Phone interview based on project and industry experience, pretty laid. On site interview involved Case interviewing style (consulting type interviewing) with the entire management team. They are looking for experience professionals and people that can work through challenging situations with solid business logic.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a project you had success in.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate higher than initial offer, they are willing to work with you to get close to your historical compensation range.

Q&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia in November 2011.

Had two phone interviews; first was with a recruiter who contacted me and inquired as to my interest in my job and gave me a basic background of the job. The second was with the project manger who asked me a few technical questions(What is the difference between CSS and HTML, Why do you need CSS?). Finally, I went to the office and had a interview with 5 people in total(4 team members and the recruiter).

A few examples were,

1) If I was troubleshooting a browser, what would the steps I would take?
    A) First just do a basic sanity check and make sure it opens up. Second make sure all the functions that are advertised(Flash support, multiple tabs) work the way they are supposed to.

A) The answer he was looking for was that I document everything so people will have future reference.

3) Some basic differences between HTML-5/HTML 4.

Thats all I remember from the tech part.

Some of the behavioral questions were
    4) Since I have a degree in engineering and this job is not strictly engineering, how would I adapt?
    5) Why I wanted to work at Nokia?
    6) If I knew anything about Nokia's overall motto/goal?
    A) Bring internet to the masses.

Interview Questions
    • 1) If I was troubleshooting a browser, what would the steps I would take?   View Answer
    • 2) What is the one thing you do when you are troubleshooting/ What is the most important thing about troubleshooting? --This questions was kind of vague

3) Some basic differences between HTML-5/HTML 4.

Thats all I remember from the tech part.

Some of the behavioral questions were
      5) Why I wanted to work at Nokia?
      6) If I knew anything about Nokia's overall motto/goal?
      A) Bring internet to the masses.

View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in September 2011.

Applied via specific Nokia website. One interview containing technical & team skills.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation needed as the offer was fine

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in August 2011.

It was easy, conceptual related, questing were related to my current and past employers and technologies

got better offer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Short - less an interview than a vetting process

None

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia in June 2011.

I was interviewed by five different people that would've been my peers. Except for the initial disucssion with the business manager, the interview teams seemed to lack any real training or preparation in interviewing and the questions seemed haphazard and disorganized. I felt like they were going through the motions of interviewing and that another candidate had already been picked.

The interviewers seemed beaten, tired and lacking energy. A common question that was asked was about how I handled conflict management.

I got a bad feeling about the Nokia given the low energy of the group, and the common question about conflict management.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflicts? What is your style of conflict management?   Answer Question

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in February 2011.

Phone screen, Fill out forms on web (they require current salary in form. put in $1.00 and tell HR rep "I don't give out that information... Here is what I want") Finally on site interview panel and then about 1-2 weeks before offer. Panel can be very tough.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to code on the black board. Be ready to talk about your past accomplishments.   Answer Question
    Short.

Engineering Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in February 2011.

Long Interview. Several hours with multiple people. Irrelevant questions at times. Interviewers appeared to be unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • "Why would you work here knowing that we are losing to our competition?"   View Answer
    Fairly straight forward.

J2ME Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia in October 2010.

Met with 1-2 people at a time. They asked questions about items on my resume and had me code simple programming examples.

Everyone seemed really nice and smart.

If you have something on your resume, you better be able to back it up.

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia in July 2010.

Generally a good interview process. Liked the senior folks more than the less-senior ones. I'd call it a typical tech interview...a few people were upbeat, one was clinically depressed, one had a frozen smile on her face and eyes like a pterodactyl looking for prey. You know, the usual suspects.

Interview Questions
    • This interview was so plain-vanilla that I do not remember any specific question as standing out in any way.   Answer Question