Nokia Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia in March 2008.

Interviews took a very long time to complete, and then get a final decision from the hiring manager - the whole thing took 3+ months. I had taken another job while waiting for Nokia to get back to me. Once they did make an offer everything went very smoothly, and the onboarding at the time was good - bear in mind this was 4 years ago.

Interview Questions
  • I had to do a sample writing project as a part of my hiring process, and it was covering subject matter that I had not been exposed to previously.   Answer Question
The initial offer was right in line with what I wanted, so I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia in January 2014.

Contacted by Headhunter - thought i was PERFECT for the position due to my passion for mobile and having been in Marketing for 5+ years. Phone interview set up by headhunter.

Interviewer calls from abroad - using VOIP - and wasn't able to hear about 30% of what she was saying. Pointed this out and she didn't offer a more viable solution. Given they are a telecommunications company, it was ironic/sad that we couldn't hear each other on the phone. Wondering if she even understood or got the point of half of what I said.

In the end, got a phone call from headhunter saying they didn't think i "was right" for the role. No further explanation.

Interview Questions
    • None. Standard questions which I was able to answer. Just couldn't hear half of them and needed them repeated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Just had 2 interviews - one with hiring manager and another senior.

No negotiation on package

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Round 1 - Face to Face with hiring manager and peer level manager

After my CV was presented to the client I was invited to have a F2F with the hiring manager and a peer level manager in a similar/same role.
    Interview location WAS NOT where location where role would be based.

1) Smalltalk
    So from where were you traveling from this morning?
    How far is that?
    Did you go by train or car?

2) Questions regarding my life, introduction and my personal summary of my CV
    I gave an introduction about my career results, aspirations and goals.

What is the ideal job you would like to be in?
    What is your biggest accomplishment so far?

What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?
    How was your work experience at Apple? (Everybody seems to ask this question these days...)
    If you would have the choice - would you prefer a permanent role or a contract/interim role? (role interviewed was perm)
    How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?

Do you have any questions for us?

Round 2 - phone interview with peer level manager (his focus is channel marketing, distribution, retail)

Do you like Windows Phone?
    What is the strongest value you would bring into the team?
    You have many program/project management roles on your resume - is this an area you would prefer to work in?
    What, in your opinion, is the biggest issue in mobile operator (carrier) marketing these days (rephrased later to: What do you think is important from an operator/carrier perspective?
    How can a vendor (like Nokia) create long-term relationships with operators (carriers)?

Environment:

Office
    Large amount of hotdesks
    Culturally diverse environment
    International atmosphere including global travel

Work:
    Recognized brand and office is branded
    Free coffee/juices in office area
    Kitchen equipment can be used by staff (free, but no free food)

Interview Questions
    • Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position?   View Answer
    • What is the ideal job you would like to be in?   View Answer
    • What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?   View Answer
    • What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management?   Answer Question
    • How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?   Answer Question

- I don't believe in the product and/or the marketing approach the company is taking.
    - I wasn't happy with the compensation.
    - I realized there is more regional travel involved than expected.
    - I didn't like the size of operations in that team/department/business unit.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia in June 2010.

3 phone call interviews no face to face, pretty basic process quite alot of background and security checks involved over the weeks. Also there was no contract before my start date which I found very strange. Had an induction day which really let me understand the company