Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nokia
- Software Engineer (20)
- Senior Software Engineer (18)
- Project Manager (6)
- Intern (5)
- Product Marketing Manager (5)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- IT Specialist (4)
- Engineering (3)
- Engineering Manager (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- R&D Manager (2)
- Technical Manager (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Director (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Software Test Engineer (2)
- Architect (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- R&D Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Sharepoint Administrative (1)
- Marketing Strategy Manager (1)
- Human Resources Consultant (1)
- Statutory Accountant (1)
- Director Sustainability Devices (1)
- Principal/Senior Software Engineer (1)
Marketing Manager Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in July 2011.
Round 1 - Face to Face with hiring manager and peer level manager
After my CV was presented to the client I was invited to have a F2F with the hiring manager and a peer level manager in a similar/same role.
Interview location WAS NOT where location where role would be based.
So from where were you traveling from this morning?
How far is that?
Did you go by train or car?
2) Questions regarding my life, introduction and my personal summary of my CV
I gave an introduction about my career results, aspirations and goals.
Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position?
What is the ideal job you would like to be in?
What is your biggest accomplishment so far?
What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?
How was your work experience at Apple? (Everybody seems to ask this question these days...)
If you would have the choice - would you prefer a permanent role or a contract/interim role? (role interviewed was perm)
What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management?
How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?
Do you have any questions for us?
Round 2 - phone interview with peer level manager (his focus is channel marketing, distribution, retail)
Do you like Windows Phone?
What is the strongest value you would bring into the team?
You have many program/project management roles on your resume - is this an area you would prefer to work in?
What, in your opinion, is the biggest issue in mobile operator (carrier) marketing these days (rephrased later to: What do you think is important from an operator/carrier perspective?
How can a vendor (like Nokia) create long-term relationships with operators (carriers)?
Large amount of hotdesks
Culturally diverse environment
International atmosphere including global travel
Recognized brand and office is branded
Free coffee/juices in office area
Kitchen equipment can be used by staff (free, but no free food)
- Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position? View Answer
- What is the ideal job you would like to be in? View Answer
- What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing? View Answer
- What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management? Answer Question
- How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it? Answer Question
- I don't believe in the product and/or the marketing approach the company is taking.
- I wasn't happy with the compensation.
- I realized there is more regional travel involved than expected.
- I didn't like the size of operations in that team/department/business unit.