Nokia

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Interview Details – Round 1 - Face to Face with hiring manager and peer level manager

After my CV was presented to the client I was invited to have a F2F with the hiring manager and a peer level manager in a similar/same role.
Interview location WAS NOT where location where role would be based.

1) Smalltalk
So from where were you traveling from this morning?
How far is that?
Did you go by train or car?

2) Questions regarding my life, introduction and my personal summary of my CV
I gave an introduction about my career results, aspirations and goals.

What is the ideal job you would like to be in?
What is your biggest accomplishment so far?

What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?
How was your work experience at Apple? (Everybody seems to ask this question these days...)
If you would have the choice - would you prefer a permanent role or a contract/interim role? (role interviewed was perm)
How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?

Do you have any questions for us?

Round 2 - phone interview with peer level manager (his focus is channel marketing, distribution, retail)

Do you like Windows Phone?
What is the strongest value you would bring into the team?
You have many program/project management roles on your resume - is this an area you would prefer to work in?
What, in your opinion, is the biggest issue in mobile operator (carrier) marketing these days (rephrased later to: What do you think is important from an operator/carrier perspective?
How can a vendor (like Nokia) create long-term relationships with operators (carriers)?

Environment:

Office
Large amount of hotdesks
Culturally diverse environment
International atmosphere including global travel

Work:
Recognized brand and office is branded
Free coffee/juices in office area
Kitchen equipment can be used by staff (free, but no free food)

Interview Questions

• Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position?   View Answer
  • What is the ideal job you would like to be in?   View Answer
  • What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?   View Answer
  • What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management?   Answer Question
  • How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – - I don't believe in the product and/or the marketing approach the company is taking.
- I wasn't happy with the compensation.
- I realized there is more regional travel involved than expected.
- I didn't like the size of operations in that team/department/business unit.

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!