Nokia Networks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called to setup a face-to-face interview after meeting with some recruiters at a university career fair two months earlier and submitting an application online.

Interview was 3-to-1, fairly easy behaviorial questions (there aren't any technical), the atmosphere was calm and the interviewers were friendly. Two guys were older employees and the third was a new hire that had been working there for about two months.

After the interview, they talked about what I could expect on the job, travel, different teams, etc. As a bonus, I got invited to stick around after a tour of the labs and the building to attend a company social that was occurring that day to meet some of my possible coworkers and to get a feel of what my work environment would be like.

Everything happened fairly quickly, after the interview I got feedback the next day from the recruiter. HR sent me a bunch of pre-screening forms (background check, drug test) and applications. Within a week I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• All behaviorial, just prepare to talk about yourself, look over the typical questions and you'll do great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. I got pretty much what I asked for.

Telecommunications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

University recruitment. It was a Skype interview with 3 employees of different divisions. Lasted about an hour. Very nice people. Behavioral Interview. They go over your resume so be sure to highlight and explain what you have there really well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my hobbies and or what I did on my free time.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

Through linkedin was the contact, then phone call and then just two interviews with hr and the manager.
    Basically they were searching to fill this position as soon as possible and try to find a person with not so much experience in this field.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not so difficult, salary is not negotiable in this case.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

Nice interviewer, and easy conversation. Not so much technical question and make you feel relax.
    Normally one or two rounds interviews needed. One technical Manager with other technical staff depending which position you have applied.

Interview Questions

Interview

First interview with HR. Than a Panel interview with 3-5 interviewers including local country director, account manager, care manger...different people from different part of the organisation with whom you are going to collaborate on daily base. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral: Why do you want to work here, Do you work well under pressure, salary expectations

RF Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about a week and a half later. It was a panel interview with two interviewers. They went over my resume and asked a few technical questions. About a week later, I was given another interview but this time it was face-to-face. It consisted of two back to back one hour panel interviews with three interviewers each. Both interviews were mostly technical going over RF circuit design fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that difficult if you perused through any RF book. The questions were conceptual and a little bit analytical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called to set up a date for the interview. Interviewed the next week. Panel interview with 3 interviewers. No technical questions were asked. The interview was mostly behavioral. They said they would contact with a decision either way. It's been months, never got an acceptance call or a rejection email.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a 4 on 1 interview on location. The questions were soft skills. It was really relaxed and everyone was very nice. Be prepared to talk about yourself and ask questions. They seemed to like engaging questions.

Field Manager Interview

Interview

Based on getting a referral from someone internal. No interview was necessary.

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Solution Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

I got a phone call from the project manager I was supposed to work on. He described the project and asked me if I could perform the required duties. I was recommended to the project

Interview Questions

• I had no questions, since the manager knew me before and trusted my expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary negociations through an intermediary consulting agency.. via email exchange