Nokia Networks

Nokia Networks Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

Core Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in October 2008.

One day assessment center with simulation games, iq test and a lot of discussions

No negotiation phase

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2009.

2 Panel Interviews - Situational Interview

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your greatest failure and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation - a tiny bit of flexibility.

R&D Engineer (Core Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2014.

Interview process includes 3 rounds
    1)Technical round, which includes Pure core java and algorithms in deep concepts
    2) Technical Manager round, business use case scenarios, logics
    3) Hr round

Interview Questions
    • Print repeated numbers in array
      Generics class loading
      Sorting algorithms

Answer Question
    Offered more than I expected

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks in March 2011.

It was a campus hiring drive. They started with general aptitude test followed by an essay on our thoughts on 3G technology. Once that was cleared we went through a Group Discussion round in which we were given general topics on current affairs. Post the Group discussion round we had a technical interview in which we were grilled about each and every possible aspect of telecom industry. From antennas to radio technology to 3G and LTE (but mostly textbook knowledge was tested as we were freshers). Once the technical interview was cleared we had a HR interview round. HR interview was mostly chit chat with the HR on how we handle daily life situation like disagreement with boss, workload pressure, future plans. Post that we received no communication from the HR for 2 months. But ultimately they released the list of who all were hired with the job title and location.

Interview Questions
    • The most creative way to sell a half empty coke bottle. :D   Answer Question
    As i was a fresher, we didnt have any negotiation phase. It was a standard package offered to all the freshers.

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in September 2014.

I got call from IMC HR reg. Nsn requirement, after few weeks they called and tolled that ur resume shortlisted and scheduled telephonic round. I last for 1 hhr. After few days I got call from consult reg f2f interview in bang,my curnt local z cennai.but I did not go, after few weeks went and attended.

Interview Questions
    • 1 round:questions socket programming,CPP,IPC. 2 round; fully c programming, threads,IPC, TCP/udp   View Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2014.

I had applied through employee referral. 1st round was system based where coding had to be done for the given problem statements. 2nd & 3rd rounds were face to face discussion with 2 member panel in each on Core Java, Webservices, Spring, Javascript, AJAX, jQuery. Final round HR.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round is the most difficult to crack. High precision is required for getting the solution. System test cases must get executed to be able to get through. I was the only one to get through out of approx. 125 people who had appeared on that day.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate easily. I had performed extremely well in all the rounds so they considered to offer me almost as I expected.

R & D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2014.

2 ROUNDS OF TECHNOCAL ROUNDS,PROGRAMMING THEN MANAGERIAL ROUND ..POST THAT HR that all,All they were looking for competency rigidness in you, the way you think,the way you answer, the way you approach the problem...reaching to solution anyway takes time in telecom they says :)

Interview Questions
    No such negotiations.Whatever I asked they paid more than that .So happy :)

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks in November 2014.

First Round: Pen and Paper test consisting of 3 sections
    first one was verbal round(2 passage consists of 10 questions 10 minutes)
    second one was Analytical test( 40 questions 30 minutes)
    third round was Technical round consistinf of DS, C++, operating system(20 questions)

Interview Questions
    • they started asking questions from operating system
      it was difficult for me as i am from ECE background

Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2013.

I went through a phone interview first and then got a second in person I interview. The phone interview was technical but the in person interview was way more technical. I was always answering questions on the board about different circuits and they asked me questions about Smith charts as well.

Interview Questions
    • Frequency response of different electronic components.   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks in March 2010.

There will be 2-3 Rounds depends.. 1st will be written and other will be Non-technical and technical interview. .. your technical interview will be more based on GSM and telecom . So prepare for that more