Nokia Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Core Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in October 2008.

Interview

One day assessment center with simulation games, iq test and a lot of discussions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2009.

Interview

2 Panel Interviews - Situational Interview

Interview Questions

• Please explain your greatest failure and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation - a tiny bit of flexibility.

R&D Engineer (Core Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process includes 3 rounds
    1)Technical round, which includes Pure core java and algorithms in deep concepts
    2) Technical Manager round, business use case scenarios, logics
    3) Hr round

Interview Questions

• Print repeated numbers in array
      Generics class loading
      Sorting algorithms

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered more than I expected

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2014.

Interview

Firstly, I had to send my CV and an essay in English (they said it could be as long as i wanted it to be). The topic of the essay: Importance of knowledge gained from books vs experience gained while working. After that I was called in for a test (90 min). Test tasks: 1. Write an average manual for a mobile to update the contact list. 2. Rewrite a 2 paragraphs of network architecture manual into a more user freindly form. 3. Reading comprehension task with six questions based on a PDF on network architecture and processes.
    The test was done on an older laptop with a smaller screen and without a mouse, which was a bit surprising and fairly hindering. They said I will be notified in two weeks time or if not I can write them an email.

Interview Questions

• The IT text I had to rewrite was quite "hardcore" compared to the fact that they did not require IT experience.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was quite smooth. 2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round.
    1st round- All basics of CORE Java, Hibernate(covered every topic)
    2nd round - questions were conceptual. covered all topics of java. Code were asked to write

Negotiation

Got more than expected

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2013.

Interview

1. Direct sending a CV (and cover letter; not always required) to company recruiting team or sending CV to person already working for the company and he/she will forward it to recruiting team.
    2. Phone pre-screening and after positive verification of basic telecommunications knowledge ...
    3. ... an interview in the company premises followed by the HR panel.

Interview Questions

• Team of interviewers is very skilled and has enormous knowledge about telecommunication and programming field. Many questions were tricky and detailed. I recommend not to over-rate your knowledge and be honest in pre-interview questionnaire - everything you put there will be checked. However, interviewers are really nice and try to lead you to good conclusions - this way they also check your ability of deduction and thinking out of the box.
      HR questions are pretty standard and one can easily prepare himself to answer most of them doing some "googling" before the HR pannel.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer, it was better than I expected.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Initially have to go through aptitude test- which was a bit easy as compared to wipro and TCS, then they take GD in a group of 10- with almost 300 people competing, then had to go through the 2 rounds of technical interview, then HR interview. For experienced candidates the interview processis simple-only one round of technical interview which may last for and hour or two, then an HR interview round.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current organization and what you are going to give to Nokia Solutions and Networks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I joined as a fresher so we were already told the initial package and no negotiation took place.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

First round will be telephonic. Only basic to intermediate level theoritical straight forward questions.
    Second round - direct technical having group of members. Minimum 2 peoples. This was tough as there are multiple peoples in the same panel.
    third round - managerial. This is just formal round.
    final round - HR

Interview Questions

• Reading a whole file based on some patter and construct a dictionary out of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was not negotiable friendly.

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2010.

Interview

I got hired for the intern program at Siemens. Had 2 team working sections (Dinamicas de grupo) and 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Not different from other intern process questions. But there were so many people during all the phases and so many phases that some compared it to a NASA program for astronauts.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator for Assam & North-east Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Guwahati (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

1st telephonic, 2 times face to face, presentation, skill test

Interview Questions

• presentation for logistics and supply chain planning and process for material ordering to delivery with documentation part   Answer Question